Auburn, WA
After care: No

Posted April 28, 2014
Terminal Park elementary is a fantastic school! The teachers are very involved with the students (and not just their own classes) and always looking for ways to improve/expand the curriculum, students are recognized for their achievements and problems are addressed in timely and professional manner, the counselors are regularly available, the community outreach coordinator does more than her fair share, the office staff is always willing to go out of their way to help with any project, and the overall atmosphere created by the entire staff is pleasant and welcoming. I am so glad my 1st grader transferred here after splitting his kindergarten year between 2 other schools.

Posted September 26, 2013
Terminal Park is a Title 1 school in an older section of Auburn. The population is transient with a great variety of diversity. The teachers are experienced and have been in place on average, 10 years. We are new, but I am quite satisfied thus far with teacher quality and staff caring.

Posted October 11, 2012
My kids started here brand new going into 3rd and 5th grade. Since the start of the year til now school seems to be one of excitement. My kids love it here due to staff and their peers. The environment is very accepting and expectations are for nothing but the best. My kids attended another elementary within the same district the previous school year as we had just moved to Auburn. Last year wreaked havoc, it was frustrating, staff and principal very unhelpful, bottom line I was very disappointed. When I finally heard of the "STEPS" program it was too late to have my child qualify. Thanks to Terminal Park and their staff allowing me to voice my concerns for higher expectations for my kids, them not being in the program didn't bother me any. One thing they all agreed upon was the fact they will not stop their learning even if they were more advanced they would firmly continue to challenge them. When I made the initial decision to transfer them it was contingent to the great rapport I had with the previous principal. During summer break a decision of change sent him elsewhere. On a great note the new principal is doing a great job! My kids love it here....I'm happy!

Posted September 06, 2012
My son has went to this school for the past 4 years. I have alsways had good communication with the school. The Principal changed this year so I cant speak to that-yet. But, last year the principal was a wonderful man whom I spoke with on many occasions. My child has some special needs and the principal was always understanding of him and me. Also the culture at the school is that of acceptance and community values. They put on local events and would participate in the events with the kids. I am hoping this year is the same. I am worried with the old principal gone. I grew to like him and his style with the kids. I am hoping to like this year as well. I will say on the flip side that when my son first started the school was just getting to know us and him. The school mistook some things and caused me alot of trouble, but, they meant well- and thats what I will judge them on.

Terminal Park Elementary School 3

Posted January 21, 2011
The leadership of the principal was so bad and nasty toward PTA parents I pulled my child and soon there after two families did the same. The school does offer the STEP program which is great because of the teacher But the principal has a bad attitude when it comes to parent advocates.

Posted January 15, 2011
We are grandparents of a "step" student and are very happy with terminal park in every aspect of the program. Keep up the good work!

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008
this school takes time to get to know not only the student but the family as well. they know all the students by their first name and always say hello at the start of the day and goodbye at the end of the day

Posted February 14, 2008
My child is part of the STEP program and we love it. Mrs. McIntyre has been a blessing for family as she helped our child reach his potential. We had to think long and hard about pulling our son from our neighborhood school but the program, the teachers, the counselors and the principal have helped us confirm that we made the right decision in having our child at Terminal Park!

Posted November 18, 2005

Terminal Park Elementary School
1101 D St SE, Auburn, WA  98002
Last modified Terminal Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terminal Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top