Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter loves the school. Initially we were little concerned due to location of the school. But she just loves the teachers and the principal Mr Brown. She is engaged in various school activities and part of honors program . In my opinion this school is underrated and should be rated at least 9 or 10 out of 10

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter goes in this school and I have never seen or heard and dishonesty, indiscipline or unfairness in this school

First of all I don't understand why the rating of this diversified school is so low. Mount baker is a great school, As all of us know that "don't judge a book by its cover" it goes with this school as well because the school is located in ok area does not mean that the school is not good. My daughter went school in North Taps middle school and then we came back to Mount Baker but she thinks that there is only one difference in both the schools and the difference is that MBMS is more diversified than NTMS and the location of NTMS is better than MTBMS. She love all the teachers so much. She thinks that teachers are amazing and most of all the principal of this school is awesome. He is very helpful in every aspect. The teachers are very well experienced. I would recommend this school to all the students who want to be successful in life and to all the parents who want to see their kids grow as a diversified and learned individuals.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I heard my daughter repeating lot of things to her younger siblings. For Eg: her teachers tell her at school, "if you cheat you are going to ruin your carrier"

Amount of homework: Agree

I like the amount of HW my daughter gets from school. And she finishes it before she goes to bed. That means the teachers are teaching students self disciplined.

As a student, I am a bit discouraged to see the attendance and office staff. When I was a new student last year, on Bulldog Day (the day when students receive their schedules and get their pictures taken), the halls were very crowded, to the point one person would have at most 1 foot radius of space between them and the next person. The office staff was very disorganized. My parents and I had to wait at least 15 minutes before we could get my schedule changed. The office ladies there are also very short-tempered. Attendance was not one of my favorable criteria. On occasions, I would be tardy twice a week. If a student is tardy more than twice per quarter, s/he would receive a lunch detention. A "freebie" is given in the beginning of every quarter. However, the school suspended this rule this year. I suspect this rule may come again some time in the future.

Iam not very satisfied with the older woman. Who works in the front office she is very unprofessional.Everyone she speak with she talks to in belittling way. My child has been bully constantly Iam close to home schooling her.The kids are allowed to put their hands on my child with no consequence what so ever.

I enrolled my child in the middle of the year when we moved to WA from out of state. The school was very receptive, staff is amazing and kids bonded immediately. I simply love this school

If i could I rate the staff zero stars. They are very rude been hung up on several times and also do not appreciate someone accusing my daughter that she was lying when asked why she was tardy. Some of the staff should take a course on how to talk to kids they're human too or maybe find another occupation.

Mount Baker is a great school. My son enjoyed going to school and the staff was always helpful and supportive of my child. They have an excellent music program. I would recommend moving to a community nearby so your child could attend this school!

Last modified Mt Baker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.