Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 26, 2016
My daughter goes in this school and I have never seen or heard and dishonesty, indiscipline or unfairness in this school

Mt Baker Middle School 5

Posted January 26, 2016
First of all I don't understand why the rating of this diversified school is so low. Mount baker is a great school, As all of us know that "don't judge a book by its cover" it goes with this school as well because the school is located in ok area does not mean that the school is not good. My daughter went school in North Taps middle school and then we came back to Mount Baker but she thinks that there is only one difference in both the schools and the difference is that MBMS is more diversified than NTMS and the location of NTMS is better than MTBMS. She love all the teachers so much. She thinks that teachers are amazing and most of all the principal of this school is awesome. He is very helpful in every aspect. The teachers are very well experienced. I would recommend this school to all the students who want to be successful in life and to all the parents who want to see their kids grow as a diversified and learned individuals.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 26, 2016
I am very grateful to the principle Mr. Brown and all the teachers for making MBMS such a great place to learn and for making it a diversified school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 26, 2016
I heard my daughter repeating lot of things to her younger siblings. For Eg: her teachers tell her at school, "if you cheat you are going to ruin your carrier"

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 26, 2016
I like the amount of HW my daughter gets from school. And she finishes it before she goes to bed. That means the teachers are teaching students self disciplined.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 26, 2016
Being a parent I have seen positive changes in my daughter due to going to this school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 26, 2016
I have never felt any kind of disrespect from and student I have met from this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 26, 2016
This school has developed my daughter so much that it cannot be explained in words.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 05, 2015
Asst Principal Steve Lewis and Dean of Students, Chris Leverenz are incredibly awesome educators! I always felt comfortable talking with them regarding any issues I may have had and they were both very responsive.

Mt Baker Middle School 3

Posted April 26, 2015
As a student, I am a bit discouraged to see the attendance and office staff. When I was a new student last year, on Bulldog Day (the day when students receive their schedules and get their pictures taken), the halls were very crowded, to the point one person would have at most 1 foot radius of space between them and the next person. The office staff was very disorganized. My parents and I had to wait at least 15 minutes before we could get my schedule changed. The office ladies there are also very short-tempered. Attendance was not one of my favorable criteria. On occasions, I would be tardy twice a week. If a student is tardy more than twice per quarter, s/he would receive a lunch detention. A "freebie" is given in the beginning of every quarter. However, the school suspended this rule this year. I suspect this rule may come again some time in the future.

620 37th St SE, Auburn, WA  98002
Last modified Mt Baker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.