Bad
Good

Teachers definitely seem to enjoy teaching at this school. However, my concern is the lack of communication with parents. This school took, what I as a parent felt, was an extreme disciplinary action to solve a behavior issue with my child. The disciplinary action was not the issue. The issue I have is that it was following this action that I received notification that my son was struggling at school. I was not notified, in any way, regarding the issues that lead up to this point. If a child is having behavior problems at school, I really feel that parents should be notified as soon as the problem is realized. I honestly had no idea there was a problem at all. I was expecting a problem to arise due to some major shifts in our home life. His teacher even uses the class dojo as a way to communicate with parents and he was getting points for teamwork, following directions, finishing his work, ect....I only saw 2 negatives on there. I communicated with his teacher regularly, and yet I was never informed that he was getting in fights at recess. To the point where he was suspended. That is ridiculous to me. My son is a 2nd grader. However, aside from the lack of communication, he learned while enrolled and formed a couple of awesome relationships with a couple of teachers.

Teachers enjoy teaching at this school. Student to teacher ratio is the best in the district, which makes the learning experience possible for all students. Administration is fantastic and always positively active with students and families.

My daughter is a special education student. Last year, hlf way through the year, she was put in the intermediate self-contained classroom. My daughter has blossomed over this year so far. they taught her social skills, they do her therapy with the specialists classes (physical with P.E., occupational with music, and speech with the classroom and/or resource room). When my daughter was in the regular education classes, they tried extremely hard to modify the homework to her ability. As far as the WASL is concerned, they do a portfolio of there progress instead of taking the test which would make many of frustrated! PTA works very hard to raise money for the school and parent involvement is terrific!

Last modified Lake View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.