Auburn, WA
After care: No

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is great for my kids! I like the attentiveneness of the teachers. The open door policy that allows me and my wife to visit our kids for birthdays and allows us to help in the classrooms. My kids are learning, curious and thriving.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is a overall positive atmosphere with great role models leading our students. The teachers all strive to excellence and do not stop until all of their children have met their goals. The staff is friendly, hard working, and responsible individuals who would do anything for the children. What I like about our school is the diversity of the children that we teach and seeing them go out of their comfort zones to learn new things. I like that there are many ways to help that struggling student and push them to their very best. There are so many different programs that we use so that we meet each child's individual needs. There is not a lot of improving but if we had the funds to create more staff, or curriculum for our students we could have smaller classes or small group settings so that we are able to meet with those kids up close and personally.

Posted August 20, 2013
My son attended full day Kindergarten at Hazelwood, and while he struggled with his behavior, his teacher, the principal, and the staff were absolutely wonderful while working through his difficulties. It was so great for me to be able to spend so much time in the classroom and be involved in various activities. Everyone was so supportive and patient with us while we tried to figure out what was going on, they also helped modify some of the things that were done in the classroom to help my child succeed. So grateful for everyone at Hazelwood Elementary!!

Posted August 20, 2013
My school is Hazelwood Elementary, Auburn , WA. Our school rates at the top for test scores, student achievement and closing the gap. Also this school has some of the kindest and considerate staff I have ever had the priviledge to work with. With our free and reduced population growing daily this school sure could use the extra help for our children and their families.

Posted August 20, 2013
I work at Hazelwood Elementary School in Auburn, Wa. and can honestly say that this is a GREAT school! I've taught kindergarten for 28 years and in those years I have worked at 6 different schools. I've seen and had many principals. Hazelwood is the 1st school in all those years that has the total package and it all starts with the leadership. The principal, Sally Colburn, is inspires the entire staff to give our students the very best that we can. The reading specialist at our school is the best in the entire district and works wonders with the students at our school and a fountain of information to the teachers that aides in our teaching of the students in our classrooms. The teachers feel supported in our efforts to serve and appreciated---that is a rare feeling for teachers in any school. I feel blessed to be part of this staff! I work harder and strive to be better and more effective because I am appreciated and supported by my principal. It is an honor to work with the teachers at Hazelwood and I am always proud to tell my friends that I have had a peak into what a teaches heaven looks like. Pinch me! This is the best experience in teaching that I have ever had !

Posted August 20, 2013
Hazelwood is an inviting, supportive and standards based high achieving school. It a wonderful place to learn and work.

Posted August 19, 2013
Our family loves Hazelwood. The teachers, principal, support staff, parents and students are exceptional. It feels like a family.

Posted August 19, 2013
Hazelwood is a great place for kids to learn. My 2nd grader and 1st grader are so excited for school to start. All teachers in the building work together to reach the needs of every student.

Posted August 19, 2013
Hazelwood is an amazing school. Parents are made to feel very welcome at the school. Parents are encouraged to come to lunch with their child, visit during recess and help with school programs. Students learn how to be successful students. Students know how they are doing on in all their classes and can tell you what they need to do to reach their goals. Caring counselor with lots of great ideas to create a kind environment for all. Teachers are here because they care about kids being successful.

Posted August 19, 2013
Hazelwood is a great school with caring staff members! My child loves being an orca and feels safe at school, whether on the playground or in the classroom. This school does a great job working with students to meet their individual needs. If you are moving to this area, you will be happy with Hazelwood. The office staff is wonderful and your child will feel welcome.

Hazelwood Elementary School
11815 SE 304th St, Auburn, WA  98092
Last modified Hazelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top