Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 01, 2016
The majority of teachers has been clear on expectations and has offered ample help before and after school and online. My son (now in 8th grade) has felt more and more confident in areas he finds challenging. That being said, watch out for some of the 7th grade teachers. They seem to value being entertaining over actually making expectations clear and communicating with parents.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 01, 2016
Homework has varied widely year to year, teacher by teacher. This year (my son is in 8th) has been the most consistent as far as how much from each teacher.

Posted February 01, 2016
My family has had a very positive experience here. The school operates in a way I would characterize as "work smarter, not harder." Kids are given high expectations, yes, but also given support in all areas to help them succeed. Most teachers go out of their way to make it easy for families to know expectations and to be available for their students before and after school, (the eighth grade team especially!), but still expect students to take responsibility for accessing that help. Principal and vice principal are respectful and take time to hear parents' concerns. Any bullying my son has experienced has been dealt with quickly with no recurrences. Safety is always a priority, but not to a smothering extent. The school counselor and my son's adviser have been invaluable in offering guidance, stress management, and just being sounding boards for him. From visiting the school it is clear that kids are expected to follow the rules yet are still encouraged to relax and be themselves. All in all, what I'd call the best learning environment.

Daybreak Middle School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
I HATE this school so much a review can't even explain it. All the teachers are disrespectful it was my first day and my tea her went up to me and said in a snotty voice we do not chew gum in my class. All the students are disrespectful I ask where the cafeteria was she looked at me are just kept walking. The same teacher who told me to spit out my gum, we were doin a thing in our journals I glued mine in and she told me we don't glue our journals in UNTIL the end. So my opinion is they need to teach their teachers to grow up and be kind to their student the staff is a zero. They make you hold your skate boards and scooters around to every single class

Daybreak Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2012
Daybreak is terrible at how they handle bullies and aren't really proactive ineliminating school violence. My son got an in school suspension just for pushing a kid off of him that threw him to the ground and started hitting him almost breaking his glasses. I suppose the staff would have preferred him to just lay there & take it. This is one of many similar situations. I am pleased with m sons teachers so far, and the school counselor. It's mainly the bully issue that I have a really hard time with and will be relocating him schools. I don't condone violence nor do I think my son shouldn't defend himself. He did so as gently as he could and they treated him like he was in the wrong.

Posted April 27, 2012
Both of my kids go here and it is a very good school!!! Hands down! great staff and amazing PTA as well!!! This school has a walking monitor system which my first grader is using and has three staff members walking with the kids at all times!!! and i'm the type of mother that is way too over protective and i trust it!!! in office staff is great as well and have their own relationships build with the kids who attend which is very good to me considering I've seen other schools just bypass the students as just another kid.... Not Day Break!!! keep up the great work!!!

Posted August 18, 2011
Very pleased with this school. Most of the staff are dedicated and care a lot about the kids. My experience is that the office treats all students fairly and does a good job working out discipline with kids. I am glad my son has spent the last 3 years at Daybreak and look forward to a great 8th grade year!

Posted March 21, 2010
I am very disapointed in Daybreak. The standards are low. Any child that is at level or below in another district can come to Daybreak and achieve honor roll. There is limited opportunity in this district. The principal has no concept of what it means to lead and inspire. I myself am a very involved Parent and have had the misfortune of getting to see with my own eyes the lack of consistency. It is troubling to me when a principal is quick to defend inadequate staff over putting children first.

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter has excelled at Daybreak and raised her grades above 3.5 GPA. She feels Daybreak's teachers support her and help her to feel successful in the classroom. Due to the assistance from her teachers, her grades and her love of learning has tripled.

Posted May 29, 2008
Daybreak has a wonderful school counselor. She is professional and kind. She helped my daughter through a tuff time. She is only part-time and I am disappointed that there is no funding for having a full-time counselor at Daybreak.

1900 NW 20th Ave, Battle Ground, WA  98604
Last modified Daybreak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daybreak Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top