Bad
Good

This is a great school from the teachers, to the staff and kids. We moved from northern San Diego to Bellevue in June 2014 and I read the reviews posted here and was hesitate at best to have my son enter 6th grade at Highland. I even went as far as going to the school and another middle school in the area to speak to them and submit a transfer over the summer. Our transfer was not approved at the other middle school as they were at capacity. What a blessing in disguise, we are SO happy with Highland and our 11 year son adores all of his teachers, the staff and the kids are so kind and welcoming. My son received his laptop and we are so impressed with the technology in the Bellevue School District. Everything is going so well and we are so happy to be at Highland!

We have had a really bad year at Highland. Her block teacher was disorganized and unreliable. She would get zeroes for "overdue work" when our kid had turned it in on time, but the teacher had either lost it or not taken the time to go through her inbox for weeks. There are unruly kids who are not held accountable for their behavior and adversely affect the learning environment in the classroom. We are not going to continue at this school. Not all the teachers are this bad, there are some really good ones. Unfortunately we were stuck with a terrible one.

This school must be rated in 9 it is wonderful it is a great environment ,they teach the same curriculum than the rest of the middle schools but with the heart, the staff is very engaging with the kids, it may not look like the nicest building but sure it is the best in the way the teachers and the kids interact, you can feel it, my two sons had been there and they had been very happy and still one they are with great grades . the teachers make sure that all kids get the same opportunities,the principals, are outstanding people , the plus is the learning opportunity from the diversity that the school offers and the kids with special needs are very well treated and respected. And to have a clubs as robotic and club Satellite is amazing !

I have a 6th Grader in the school. I feel very lucky, my daughter has had an amazing year at Highland, her teachers are very caring and always make an effort to callenge the kids to excell. Science Teacher Language arts, Social Studies and Applie Tech really impressed me! :D The principal knows everykid by name (!!!) and is always involved in every thing that happens at the school, the staff is so friendly and always try to help in any way they can (Amazing Mrs. Molly). My daughter loves this school!

My son has gone to Highland for 2 years now and I am more than impressed with the quality of teachers and staff. I feel like they geniunley care about the kids and really make every effort to make sure the kids feel respected and acknowledged. I also, am very impressed by the counselors, especially Mrs. McDermott. She goes above and beyond for each child that needs her. Mrs. Bereano(Principal) and Mr. Ferguson(Vice-principal) are class acts and are very personable. I couldn't ask for a better school. Thank you all for making Highalnd Middle School the success it is!

Highland is an awesome school and has some really great teachers, for example, Mr.Perlman, Mr.Johnson, Mr.Johnston, and Mr.Sieberson- but it also has some really bad teachers like Ms.Leffler and Ms.Maki

Highland is a decent school. However bullying is prevelant. This has increased over the years as the immigrant population increases and it's only getting worse. The teachers and administrators are great. They do a tutorial everyday after school and they are great at working with kids with learning disabilities.

Highland has gotten a little better, according to my experience. I moved here before 6th grade so I had no previous knowledge of Highland, and from what I've observed and experienced Highland is really diverse and people normally get along okay. But I must admit, I REALLY cannot deal with the immaturity of 7th grade boys (excluding a few) any longer, so I'll take away a star on behalf of them.

Highland school is a disappointment. My child has attended this school for 2 years and has experienced bullying from other students and is fearful of the recurring violence such that we are transferring our child to another school. Tillicum and Odle have a better reputation/curriculum/standings in the same district. We've been active parents in our child's life but the unsafe school environment and poor quality of education has led us to seeking a better school environment for our child elsewhere.

Bullying is a problem at this school, as well as very unmotivated and disrespectfull children. I'm quite dissapointed with this school, as I had high expectations. I also expected more flexibility from teachers/councellors in regards to individual needs of students for particular classes and different levels of classes.

Last modified Highland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.