Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We moved to the neighborhood specifically for this school. There are tons of resources for the children, the teachers are great, and I've found the staff approachable. Very pleased.

Parent- My child started kinder at NHE and is now in 2nd grade for 2016-2017 school year. She has an IEP program in place. During her Kinder and 1st grade, I felt she had great support from her teachers, para-educators, and the resource staff. Most of the office staff seems to know my daughter's names and that gives it a "homey" feeling. Now she is in 2nd grade and she is 100% mainstream with support in class, it's only October but so far she's been doing well in class.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I love how supportive the school is for students with both special needs and those who need extra help in certain areas. I also like the integration of students of varying abilities into the same classroom.

Effective school leaders: Agree

I did not think that the previous principal (prior to 2016) was effective or well-respected. I have a lot of respect for the new principal and vice principal.

Develops character: Agree

I like the culture of positive reinforcement at the school through things the teachers implement in the classroom and the Dolphin Eye awards.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Whether or not a teacher is effective always depends on the individual teacher, but overall, I've been very happy.

I'm extremely happy with Newport Heights. The teachers I've had have been amazing and there are ample resources for the students. When problems arise, I feel that they are dealt with in a fair, effective way. Seeing a lot of positive change this year, as I wasn't the biggest fan of the principal last year. The new principal has been amazing.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I know that this school will address bullying concerns if they arise but overall the students get along with one another.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I believe this school, works directly with each student to achieve academic success whether there are learning differences or not.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Overall yes, leadership is effective. I did not care for the last principals watch dog program but there is now a new principal in place.

Last modified Newport Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.