Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 29, 2016
we just moved in this area in the middle of school year and signed up for our child to go here, they had a week to let us know if there was room or not but they didn't, on the day we started they said oh yeah sorry all classes were full with ratio 24:1 in all so your child would have to go to half day with morning class and afternoon class with one of the full ones, they said they had permission from the district to hire another teacher so within a week they would have another class with smaller group of children, and guess what 3 weeks later, nothing, no phone calls no emails, my child rated his morning teacher 8 out of 10, and afternoon teacher 4 out of 10, and I agreed with him, she was not patient with children, when we addressed concerns, she was very defensive without even hearing the story. I would tell everyone who cares to not send their kids here. we are thinking about alternatives.

Posted August 22, 2015
I heard so many negative things about this new principal at new port height elem. Why won't bsd won't do anything about it?

Posted October 23, 2014
With a new principal this year, there is a marked decline in the leadership quality. This has affected the morale of the teachers and parents who have strived for years to build a strong community at the school.

Newport Heights Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2014
Concerns about leadership quality of the principal and the negative effect he may have on students, teachers and community despite great overall teacher and family involvement.

Newport Heights Elementary School

Posted May 16, 2006
Newport Heights puts on a terrific musical play every other year that includes almost every student in the whole school, from youngest to oldest, and also boasts an incredible level of parent involvement in decorating sets, working on dancing and singing and lines, and selling refreshments at the show. This production is a big hit and everyone has a wonderful time.

Posted January 18, 2006
What a great school! The staff is very good, and there are lots of activities for kids. I am very impressed with the principal, and the pta is involved and positive. A great place for your kids!

Newport Heights Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
My son is a third grade student at Newport Heights Elementary school. I have found the principal, staff, and teachers at this school to be very helpful, well qualified, caring, and supportive. They have always been willing to meet with me, answer all my questions, and suggest ways to further my son's education. There is a high level of parent involvement at this school. The PTA is very active and parents provide support in the classroom, library, office, on the playground, and with the after school programs. Some of the after school programs have included chess club, art, and Science Adventures. As a parent, I feel very fortunate to have so many dedicated people at the school working for our children. My child has needed extra services for some mild developmental delays and I have found the help provided to him to be exceptional.

Posted January 03, 2005
I love this school and all the positive parent involvement. The staff has been there forever and the children are all known by name by the office staff. We are not big fans of the multi-age. Anyone who gets the chance to have their children part of the Newport Heights family is very lucky and we count our blessings daily as one of those families.

Posted September 04, 2004
I think the multi-age classes are great. My daughter loves being with children of different ages. The children are separated into grades for things like math in which it would be difficult to teach in a multi-age room. The staff is wonderful and there is not a high teacher turnover as another parent wrote. In 2003 they only had one new teacher and that was to fill a new teacher position due to high enrollment. The pricipal loves all the children and knows every child by name. The school in welcoming and I feel very comfortable with my daughter attending.

Newport Heights Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2004
This school promotes the multi-age scenario. K-1 together, 2-3 together, 4 standalone, 5 standalone. The only elementary school in the district that still has multi-age. This is great for the lower grade kids if they need a challenge. My son was in NHE K-5. Each year as a 'younger' it was great, as an 'older' he did the same work over again. In my opinion the teacher has to teach to too many levels when they have 2 grades in one class. The administration is very inflexible and difficult to work with. High teacher turnover lately. There is no written discipline policy.

Newport Heights Elementary School
5525 119th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA  98006
Last modified Newport Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newport Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top