Bad
Good

Excellent leadership and instruction. Principal is top notch and community is engaged and active. I highly recommend if you're fortunate to get in through the lottery!

The school has some great teachers. However, two of them should consider a different profession. I agree with the comments on the two previous principles. Any school has political problems. Puesta's an above average education unless your child has any learning difficulties. The two teachers mentioned above have little patience or desire to help. Just our experience.

This school is amazing with the rare combination of dedicated, amazing teachers and a fantastic parent community. The principal is leaving, so comments earlier that address issues with the current principal will be invalid. We feel very lucky to have our child at Puesta and know that she will have a lifetime of advantage for having gone to this elementary school.

Overall, Puesta has been a good experience for my children. The teachers are dedicated, the staff knows who my children are by name, and I rarely hear complaints from my kids about school happenings. One time I did approach the current principle about a problem, I was shocked that she told me straight up, "That doesn't happen." She back peddled when I ask her if I was not supposed to bring concerns about volunteer/staff interactions with the students. If there was one thing I could change about the school it would be the principle. I disagreed with the previous principle on some policy ideas, but I never felt like I was fighting an enemy like I do with the current one.

Early on we couldn't believe our good fortune of having access to a bilingual education. However, we are unhappy with the new principal who joined the school last year. She does not lead school assemblies because she lacks the ability to speak spanish. She favors "a need to know basis" means of communication and is very defensive when approached with a question. Where we enjoyed a transparent communication with our previous principal, there are now a select few who are privy to the information regarding school dealings and you have to wait for the rumors to trickle down. It is unprofessional and disvalues the parents role in their childs education. I am not sure if I will be sending my third child to Puesta which is devastating as I don't want him to miss out on the opportunity to acquire another language. I feel a great educational resource is being severely mismanaged and I have lost trust in the schools leadership. I will say there are some wonderful teachers as well as support staff at Puesta who give their heart and soul to the kids and have made significant impacts on the children who pass through the program. Many thanks to them for the great work that they do.

The level of parental involvment and volunteers helping in classrooms and different areas of the school is excellent, and the extent to which the PTA supports extra academic and enrichment programs is really amazing. Our family loves Puesta del Sol so far.

The teachers and other staff are highly devoted and passionate individuals.

I am impressed by not only parent involvement and volunteer hours, but how the PTA (parents) supports the academic curriculum. Without the the PTA and support of families (time and $), our students would not have such an enriched experience at school. I love that a lot of the teachers come from cultures that respect and care about the whole education of the child. Of course, there are some organizational aspects I'd like to see changed, but I think we've had a wonderful experience so far...!

Staff (including support staff) are outstanding and the commitment by all families to the school is impressive.

The families are the best and the academics are incredible

Last modified Puesta Del Sol Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.