Bellevue, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 25, 2014
This school is amazing with the rare combination of dedicated, amazing teachers and a fantastic parent community. The principal is leaving, so comments earlier that address issues with the current principal will be invalid. We feel very lucky to have our child at Puesta and know that she will have a lifetime of advantage for having gone to this elementary school.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2014
Overall, Puesta has been a good experience for my children. The teachers are dedicated, the staff knows who my children are by name, and I rarely hear complaints from my kids about school happenings. One time I did approach the current principle about a problem, I was shocked that she told me straight up, "That doesn't happen." She back peddled when I ask her if I was not supposed to bring concerns about volunteer/staff interactions with the students. If there was one thing I could change about the school it would be the principle. I disagreed with the previous principle on some policy ideas, but I never felt like I was fighting an enemy like I do with the current one.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2012
Early on we couldn't believe our good fortune of having access to a bilingual education. However, we are unhappy with the new principal who joined the school last year. She does not lead school assemblies because she lacks the ability to speak spanish. She favors "a need to know basis" means of communication and is very defensive when approached with a question. Where we enjoyed a transparent communication with our previous principal, there are now a select few who are privy to the information regarding school dealings and you have to wait for the rumors to trickle down. It is unprofessional and disvalues the parents role in their childs education. I am not sure if I will be sending my third child to Puesta which is devastating as I don't want him to miss out on the opportunity to acquire another language. I feel a great educational resource is being severely mismanaged and I have lost trust in the schools leadership. I will say there are some wonderful teachers as well as support staff at Puesta who give their heart and soul to the kids and have made significant impacts on the children who pass through the program. Many thanks to them for the great work that they do.

Posted August 14, 2012
The level of parental involvment and volunteers helping in classrooms and different areas of the school is excellent, and the extent to which the PTA supports extra academic and enrichment programs is really amazing. Our family loves Puesta del Sol so far.

Posted October 19, 2010
The teachers and other staff are highly devoted and passionate individuals.

Posted October 02, 2010
I am impressed by not only parent involvement and volunteer hours, but how the PTA (parents) supports the academic curriculum. Without the the PTA and support of families (time and $), our students would not have such an enriched experience at school. I love that a lot of the teachers come from cultures that respect and care about the whole education of the child. Of course, there are some organizational aspects I'd like to see changed, but I think we've had a wonderful experience so far...!

Posted May 05, 2010
Staff (including support staff) are outstanding and the commitment by all families to the school is impressive.

Posted May 05, 2010
The families are the best and the academics are incredible

Posted May 05, 2010
It is an amazing opportunity for my children to learn a foreign language at such a young age. The teachers are outstanding and care about their students.

Posted May 03, 2010
The dedicated teachers and staff are giving their students the best possible bilingual education even during the severe budget cuts.

Puesta Del Sol Elementary School
3810 132nd Ave SE, Bellevue, WA  98006
Last modified Puesta Del Sol Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Puesta Del Sol Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top