Bellevue, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 24, 2014
This was my son's 4th elementary school. Due to my husband's job, we had moved across the country in the space of 4 years--so we've experienced a wide range of educational philosophies and standards. Woodridge is excellent. The staff are knowledgeable and caring. They are also flexible, willing to work with parents to ensure the best fit for a student. The facility is bright, clean, safe for the children, and very welcoming. Fully funded PE, art, and music (including band and orchestra for 5th graders) programs are complimented by dozens of extracurricular activities.

Posted April 15, 2014
Woodridge Elementary is a place where students come to learn and grow in a loving and caring environment. The teachers, new principal and staff are amazing. If your child needs special education services, believe that you will get the best that your child deserves. Thank you to everyone who works at Woodridge!

Posted April 15, 2014
Woodridge is an award winning school. We have a very active PTSA which raises funds for enrichment activities and extra staff for the classrooms. Our teachers are well educated and very engaged with the students in their learning. They adapt their teaching style to incorporate the needs of every learning style. The principal encourages and supports teachers to stay up to date on proven teaching methods to continually improve overall learning. When we moved here four years ago I found Woodridge Hill to be the friendliest place I have ever encountered. It was easy to become involved and other parents are very welcoming. Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment is the highest goal we have here.

Posted April 03, 2014
Woodridge is a great elementary school for western Bellevue. We have a beautiful campus that is growing because we have a large diverse population of students. My child is challenged in class and the teachers hold the students to a high standard. I appreciate the stem type after school activities and hear that more are coming. Class size needs to be lowered but I heard that the BSD is working on a solution. I am confident that this will happen in the next year. As a PTSA member, the auction this year is about celebrating Woodridge and raising funds for greater curriculum enhancements in each classroom. I like that focus. Coming from private schools for our children, we are happy with the quality of Woodridge.

Posted February 08, 2014
We have children in both Woodridge Elementary and Woodridge Preschool, and we love both the schools and the community.

Posted July 03, 2013
What a wonderful school this is! You will not find a more caring, professional, or skilled staff at any other Bellevue public elementary. They truly do go above and beyond the call of duty for their students and have built a warm, welcoming community that we enjoy being a part of. It is a multi-cultural, diverse community. As a parent who has been involved with the school for the past eight years, I can attest to the fact that the previous review is unkind and untrue. The staff cares deeply about the students and helping them succeed - they follow a rigorous curriculum and do not "teach to the test" and they work hard to meet individual needs despite growing class sizes that threaten their ability to do so. Public schools in our state are devastatingly underfunded, and the PTSA works hard to help provide Woodridge kids with academic enrichment and community building activities. The yearly dessert buffet mentioned in the previous review is solely done for teacher appreciation (something all schools in the country do) and is donations based, not PTSA funded. We really do appreciate our teachers and enjoy showing that during teacher appreciation times of the year!

Woodridge Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2013
The school rank orders the children starting at Kindergarten. 4 out of 5 kids at the bus stop were told they had ADHD. Another child cried everyday, and begged her parents not to send her. If you can compete AGAINST the other students and not cooperate or work as a team, you will do well. The school kept asking for more and more money, plus instead of the PTA funds going to the children, they go to the staff's monthly dessert buffet. The staff cares more about how they look, then how the children learn or feel. The only thing they care about is getting more funding for scoring well on the state exams. They teach to the test!

Posted August 08, 2010
The best teachers they are vey caring and supportive for the children and their educations. Willing to do that extra step for them to do whatever it takes to help you and your children. We were there 3 years and all 3 were each 3 wonderful experiences. I can't say enough about the teachers there. They really care. I've never met more caring techers ever. I've met alot too because I'm a grandma who's raising my granddaughter so this is my second time through. Thank you Woodridge You were Terrific for us. We were so sorry to have to go.

Posted April 28, 2010
Great school! The teachers are awesome. The parents are very involved and the PTA is really good.

Posted February 19, 2010
Woodridge is an exellent school! My Children have been going here since preschool and now my oldest is in 5th grade. Most every parent gets involved with the after scool activitys and the teachers are great they go out of there way to make sure every student learn and does the best. At the end of the school year my daughter will be sad to leave Woodridge but at least she has the great memories of this wonderful school. Now it is my sons turn to be in 5th grade when the bell rings and the school year is over!!

Woodridge Elementary School
12619 SE 20th Place, Bellevue, WA  98005
Last modified Woodridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top