Bellevue, WA
Students enrolled: 1,055

Posted December 10, 2014
The two extremes of ratings for Bellevue Christian speaks volumes. As a family that has been involved with this school for six years, we know that it all depends on whether your family (and child) is deemed important enough for the school and administration to care about or if your child is simply another tuition payment. I highly recommend this school if your child does not have academic or social challenges. However, if you are looking for a nurturing environment (for your child that possesses ANY social or academic challenges) that will help your child become the young man or woman that God has designed them to be, I would look elsewhere. There are some great teachers, along with many that are not effective. The administration is mostly all talk, with little action except in the most simple situations. Sports are riddled with favoritism and high turnover amongst coaches. Speak with both families that are currently attending Bellevue Christian as well as those who have left the school for reasons other than financial to get a full idea of what to expect. Do not attend the school based on the school's Christian rhetoric - it is preached much more than it is practiced.

Posted October 13, 2014
It is important that our children become the individuals God wants them to be and to receive a rigorous, competitive education. At BCS, our children are challenged, nurtured, encouraged and supported to be the best whole person possible. The teachers and leaders of the school have a clear vision of the spiritual and academic paths our children are taking. We love the school community and can t say enough about the teaching excellence. Most importantly, our children are happy, thriving, learning and excited to go to school. We are blessed to be a part of BCS.

Posted October 03, 2014
This is our sixth year at Bellevue Christian School, and we can't say enough positive things about it. We have two kids, and we've been very pleased with every teacher they've had--both in preschool and elementary school. The school "meets children where they are academically," so the more advanced students are given extra challenges while the less advanced are given extra high-quality attention. Teaching from a Christian world view is a top priority, and the hearts of the children are striking at BCS given that they are taught to love and encourage one another as God asks us to do. It truly is a supportive and loving environment. BCS commits to finding each child's gift in order to nurture that and help the children be who God intended them to be. This school is a special place with a tight community of solid supportive families, which even goes so far as to offer regular parenting classes and study groups. With the high quality of college preparatory courses taught from a Christian perspective, we have every intention of keeping our children at BCS all the way through high school.

Posted October 02, 2014
I have nothing but positive things to say about our school. I love that the focus of their education is to encourage the growth of my children's character and help them discover and follow the purpose God has for them, even at a young age. Their teachers have been kind and loving, supporting them both in class and in outside activities. The leadership of the school knows my children by name and makes a concerted effort to know and understand them. They encourage my children to love one another, seek God, give back to their community and pursue education with enthusiasm. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone seeking a Christian education.

Posted August 25, 2014
My children attended the Woodinville campus. One teacher in particular was very rude, she said my son was not well liked and a parent asked to keep their child away from my son, I will never forget the pain I felt. I know she spoke the same way to my son. We left the school and started attending a 5 star public school in the area, it was the best decision ever! After the first week at his new school, my child said, "mom, they act more like christians at this school than they did at the christian school" Well, that says it all.

Posted August 22, 2014
Stay way. It's an awful place run by incompetent administrators. They do nothing about bullying. They divulge private medical information illegally. They won't discipline bad faculty behavior. If you love your child, do not subject them to this place.

Posted November 19, 2013
As a parent we had 3 students attend this school from 7-12th grade. They received a fantastic christian education. I highly recommend that you check out this school if you are in the market for a new classroom experience. the teachers, staff and students are amazing. The curriculum is diverse and they have many class options to pick from. All of my children we VERY well prepared for college graduating in 4 years. They are now in the work force and speak highly of the education they received. I can see their children attending some day and become leaders for Christ like their parents. Check out their website for more information.

Posted April 05, 2013
I graduated in 2002. My experience was very positive. The teachers are wonderful, encouraging and supportive and the students I attended with were the same. The small class sizes allow for getting to know fellow students and the teachers. I've heard stories of getting "lost" in big high schools with hundreds and hundreds of students. I did not feel remotely this way at BCS. Many of my closest friends today attended with me.

Posted May 16, 2011
We have three children that attended BCS since preschool. We love BCS and wouldn't send them anywhere else. The teachers truly deeply care about each child and go beyond to help each child succeed. Our children all had different academic needs, from needing extra help to needing more challenging work, and all their needs were met. Plenty of extracurricular activities for them all to find their niche. We love that they graduated with best friends since kindergarden. Teachers are so great about communicating with parents! BCS feels like a big family of students, parents and teachers - a wonderful learning environment for the children and a great community to be a part of.

Posted January 31, 2011
Wonderful school, my son is new to school for High School and was hesistent to change schools, but Bellevuel Christian had more to offer in meeting his needs. Overall, exceeded expectations from student and parents perspective.

Bellevue Christian School
1601 98th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA  98004
Last modified Bellevue Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bellevue Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top