No rating

Eastside Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 300 students

Our school is best known for academic excellence and Christian discipleship.

Living in Bellevue

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted July 1, 2014

We first enrolled our two youngest daughters at Eastside Christian School back in the mid-90s. We thought it was a great school back then. We are back again with our 3rd daughter and so far love the teachers she have had. The principle and staff are also great. We have homeschooled 2 of our children and all 3 of our children have attended several different Christian Schools. Eastside Christian School has been the best one so far for our family.

Posted June 21, 2014

ECS is a great school for my two kids. The quality of the teachers is awesome and the kids will benefit tremendously from like-minded families, which public schools simply cannot not match and is very important at early education.

Posted August 15, 2013

Wonderful Christian School serving the community for over 40 years. My three children all attended there and not only received a quality education but were taught to recognize the Lord's hand and blessings in all areas of life. The single most important characteristic I'd use to describe the school is how the staff deeply cares for each student. The school offers pre-school up through 8th grade.

Posted March 4, 2013

We are very happy about this School ... It is a Great School, Great Teachers. My daugther is very happy and love the school ...

Posted January 9, 2012

My family has been a part of the Eastside Christian community for the past 3 years. We are so pleased with the school. The staff is outstanding in that they care for and nurture the children while at the same time challenging them academically. The principal is courageous and committed to excellence. I admire him because he is willing to do what is right, no matter how popular. I also love that the school is unabashedly Christian... there is prayer, group chapel, purity conferences and Christian based curriculum. The strong Christian environment helps eliminate the typical middle school drama

Posted September 30, 2011

Eastside Christian is more than a school, it is a family. We have been part of this family for 6 years. My kids started as 3 and 4 year olds, and now they are in the fourth and fifth grades. In addition to that, I am a teacher at ECS. We are pleased with every aspect of our school. My kids are enjoying academic success, growing in God s word, and forming strong friendships. I enjoy coming to work every day it is kind of like attending a full time summer camp. One of the school s strongest components is its chapel program run by the dynamic Director of Student Ministries, Todd Green. Mr. Green is energetic and engaging. By the time our middle school students graduate, he has walked them through the entire Bible, and they are ready to step out into this big world. My kids started as preschoolers and will continue through middle school. I started six years ago, and I hope to stay here until I retire many years from now.

Posted September 30, 2011

Eastside Christian School provides students with an exceptional place to grow and develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, and physically. This is my first year teaching at ECS. Serving as a member of the outstanding educational team at Eastside Christian School is a true joy and honor. Teachers at ECS are passionate about teaching the whole child and providing support in order to see students succeed. In short, one walking through the doors of ECS quickly discovers that this is more than a school Eastside Christian School is a community.

Posted September 29, 2011

I am currently in my fourth year of teaching at ECS. This school is truly a special place. The academics are top notch, the Christian environment is second to none, and the school community is a fantastic place to have your child educated. Kids leave this place at a whole nother level academically and spiritually. I would strongly consider sending your child to Eastside Christian School!

Posted September 27, 2011

I am relatively new to Eastside Christian School but I want to share what I ve experienced so far. I used to drive by ECS frequently and I never realized that the school has 325 students and the campus is quite large. From my first interactions with the students, teachers, and parents, it was very apparent that ECS is focused on two important missions: teaching and nurturing children and young adults as they grow academically and as Christians. Now that I m here, I see examples every day of our efforts to support each individual student s learning at the highest level. I also see students experiencing daily interactions that focus on their faith, their values, and their better understanding of the Bible. I m obviously biased, but I can honestly say that this is a wonderful school, the kids here are bright, respectful, and nice, and if you re looking for a Christian based, strong academically minded program for your child, you need to give ECS a look. Mark Migliore Principal Eastside Christian School

Posted September 23, 2011

We are so happy we chose Eastside Christian for middle school! Our kids attended public elementary school, one of them in the gifted program. For middle school, we were looking for a strong focus on academics and accelerated coursework, but also a nurturing environment to develop their character during these key years. We appreciate the course offerings at ECS, and it has been wonderful to see our kids grow as leaders with the excellent teaching, encouragement, and role models available to them. We always wondered if private school would be worth the money, and ECS has exceeded our expectations. It is worth every penny to have excellent teachers for every class, and a curriculum consistent with our Christian worldview. Our local middle school has about 1100 students, and we really appreciate the personal attention we receive at ECS.

Posted September 22, 2011

What a blessing ECS has been... and this is only our second year here! We have a 1st grader in Ms. Lee's class... love her!... and a preschooler in Mrs. Marci's class too... she is wonderful! God's love is definitely apparent all around campus.. from the staff to the teachers... to the older kids caring for the younger ones! Love the chapel time... and love that God's truths through his word is being taught to the kids! What an incredible place to build a solid foundation on the Lord!

Posted September 20, 2011

Small class size, academic challenge, and caring, supportive staff make this a great school. The staff truly care about each child's academic and spiritual development.

Posted September 19, 2011

Started my boy and girl in preschool thinking it'd be temporary until Kindergarten. Being a proponent of public school education, I was surprised to find myself valuing the Christian education more and more each year. The staff are incredible and the families at ECS are genuine and wonderful. The spiritual foundation that has been established for my kids the last 6 years there is priceless. I recommend the school to everyone I meet!

Posted September 17, 2011

After struggling for two years at the top-ranked public school in Bellevue with bullying and curriculum concerns, we made the decision last year to transfer our kids (now 1st and 3rd grade) to ECS. My kids are now thriving academically, spi...ritually, and socially. ECS isn t just a school it s a loving, supportive community of teachers, staff, parents, and students. Two kids in private school isn t cheap but the education and environment @ ECS is worth every penny. ECS gets my highest recommendation!!

Posted September 17, 2011

We recently switched our second grader from a bellevue public school to ECS. We could not be happier. The teachers are so commited and seem to be personally invested in each child. Our son looks forward to going to school every day and we are so pleased with all of his achievements in such a short time.

Posted September 13, 2011

Six years ago, my oldest son came home from Kindergarten one day very concerned. He looked me in the eye and asked "Dad, do we have enough money to go to this school for all of the years? I love this school". Three enrolled kids and all of this time later, the sentiment is still echoed by my kids all of the time. The small class sizes and phenominal test scores don't hurt either!

Posted August 26, 2009

We've had kids @ ECS since fall '94. The outstanding academics made for a smooth transition when our 1st entered high school (2nd starts HS next week). ECS students participate in math/spelling competitions (always clean up, including a national spelling champion this year :-). The small class size promotes family atmosphere and ensures no one falls through the cracks during those formative years. While families often move a child to the public school in their neighborhood for middle school school we will have all 3 of ours complete the ECS middle school program. This is a time when they are really starting to make their own decisions about who to spend time with and how to spend it. The middle school program addresses real life situations and and gives students the tools to make the right, God-centered choices. Go Eagles! :-)

Posted April 5, 2009

We joined the ECS family in Fall 2005 and have found that it had everything we were looking for: a great academic school, small class sizes (1:20 ratio), a community atmosphere and a Christian values based education that is reinforced in the classroom, with before/after school childcare options. We've been amazed at the quality of the education our children are receiving not just in test scores, grades but in experiences. The exposure the kids get to public speaking starting in 2nd grade is awesome. I highly recommend that you take a closer look - come observe chapel on Thursday mornings.

Posted April 28, 2008

Eastside Christian School has been a fantastic school for my son and daughter. We are loving the Middle School and 5th grade! The academics are strong, the music program is incredible, as well as the sports. My kids have been able to participate in Math Olympics (ECS always tops in Math!) Science Fairs, Musicale and other terrific activities. The parent involvement, deep committment to Christ witnessed through a strong Chapel program, multi-cultural student body and high academics make this school a gem! I happily recommend this school.

Posted January 1, 2007

Eastside Christian School has been an amazing place for both or our children as well as us, the parents. Our boys have been at ECS for 9 years and have been getting a top rate academic education. The school is Christ centered providing great biblical teaching as well as strong moral values with respect expected and given. Our sons are great students and are being well prepared for high school and college as well as life beyond! No school is right for every student or family, but ECS is a tremendous school and deserves a look. Attend a Chapel day to see the heart of our school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 35% 7%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
Korean
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:45 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Principal Mark Migliore
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Service learning
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom