PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child received discipline from the principal and teacher to learn to respect and care others when he got conflict with another student.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers and principal care about each student and are responsive to individual needs, strengths and weaknesses.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It has small classes, strong academics and excellent support from teachers to help the children. The teachers are committed to the students and provide excellent instruction.  My children are valued and encouraged to reach their potential.

My children have been in ECS for three years.  Moving from public school to this school is the best investment we have ever made.  It has small classes, strong academics and excellent support from teachers to help the children build good character.  The teachers are talented, passionate and dedicated, and the school principal is a strong leader. The teachers are committed to the students and provide excellent instruction.  My children are valued and encouraged to reach their potential.  They are involved in school sports team and we are happy to see them well balanced academically, spiritually and athletically. There was a time when my child was bullied by an older student.  We reported the issue to the teacher and the principal. The issue was resolved quickly.  At another time, my child received discipline from the principal and teacher to learn to respect and care others when he got conflict with another student.  We are thankful that the teachers and principal care about each student and are responsive to individual needs, strengths and weaknesses.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

When my son started to struggle with the pace, we were directed to the public schools for help.

Develops character: Disagree

ECS's failure to address bullying by children of wealthy donors is unacceptable.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are some great teachers at ECS and some that are not so great.

I loved ECS until my son started the 5th grade in 2012. That was the year a new principal was hired and the school culture became focused almost entirely on money -- raise tuition, donate, donate, donate, demand academic excellence to attract more students, and in our case, subtly push out students that might bring down the advertised test scores. There are some amazing teachers at ECS and its been several years, but my son's experience during the 5th grade was awful. (1) he was bullied by the child of a big donor and local celebrity, who among other things, put hand sanitizer in my son's water bottle as a joke-- making my son ill. Although I spoke to the teacher and the principal about the incident, nothing ever came of it and the bullying continued. (2) My son began struggling to keep up with the volume of homework and the accelerated pace at ECS. I spoke with his teacher daily, I reviewed his homework every night, he quit karate and baseball to focus on his studies and my 10-year old still received Ds and Fs on his report card. He was devastated and I was disgusted. I appealed to his teacher and the principal and although they said all the "right" things about working with my son to get him on track, they never acted on those promises. In the end, it was suggested that we consider public school where the pace wasn't as accelerated.

We first enrolled our two youngest daughters at Eastside Christian School back in the mid-90s. We thought it was a great school back then. We are back again with our 3rd daughter and so far love the teachers she have had. The principle and staff are also great. We have homeschooled 2 of our children and all 3 of our children have attended several different Christian Schools. Eastside Christian School has been the best one so far for our family.

ECS is a great school for my two kids. The quality of the teachers is awesome and the kids will benefit tremendously from like-minded families, which public schools simply cannot not match and is very important at early education.

Last modified Eastside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8