No rating

Emerald Heights Academy

Private | PK-8 | 75 students

Our school is best know for the Integral Formation model.

Living in Bellevue

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $490,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted August 20, 2013

This school is phenomenal. There is just something iintangible about it that makes it really special. The sense of community and family is wonderful. I strongly considered homeschooling, but this is even better. I don't worry for a second about any bad influences at EHA and the academics are superior. It is exactly what I would do if I had my own school. I don't worry for a second what is going on at school, or who my kids are hanging out with. I am very impressed to see how many graduating 8th graders received scholarships to private high schools. Great, great school.

Posted June 26, 2013

My family moved to Washington last year and we entered our daughter into EHA in the middle of the school year. At first we were somewhat anxious about entering a school with an accelerated curriculum and exceedingly high standards, but we were overwhelmed by the support of both the faculty and school community. Today our daughter is thriving at EHA and we are blessed to be a part of a school community that strives to build Christian leaders and make a difference in the greater community. I highly recommend prospective families looking for excellent student to teacher ratios, accelerated curriculum and Integral Formation to visit Emerald Heights Academy. You won't be disappointed.

Posted February 1, 2013

My daughter graduated from EHA last year, and our son is in middle school now. The middle school program and teachers are very special. Instead of scared, mean girls, the kids at EHA work together and support each other. They work together on community projects, are traveling to Washington DC, and have Friday enrichment activities, where they go kayaking, hiking and other great activities to build each other up instead of tearing each other down. Our daughter is so grounded, friendly, and well-mannered. Now that she is in high school, she is WAY ahead of her peers academically. EHA has an impressive new principal and is doing all the right things. It is truly a home away from home where I have no worries about the environment or what my children are being exposed to. Thanks to this school, I have so few worries about my daughter in high school. She knows right from wrong and will do very well with this great start. We can't say enough great about this school

Posted November 4, 2012

We are so lucky to have this school on the Eastside. High academic standards, low student/teacher ratio, a true sense of community and family, caring teachers. A school that actually still teaches the children manners, generosity, kindness as well as the strongest academics around. Our children are so grounded, confident, friendly and happy. They love their school.

Posted April 29, 2012

What a special place - our children are thriving, happy, and receiving a top-notch education at Emerald Heights. The small class sizes ensure that the children get individual attention and can learn at whatever level they are ready. The school atmosphere is like a family, and the teachers are outstanding. The academics are excellent, and the overall happiness of the kids says it all. We are thrilled to have found this best-kept secret of a school.

Posted December 10, 2010

My son has attended Emerald Heights Academy for three years. It is a wonderful school, where the teachers, principals, and other parents all want what was is best for each child. The leadership, public speaking, and values they learn are priceless. The academic standards are high, and the small class size allows the teachers to provide an individualized education for each child.

Posted September 28, 2010

Emerald Heights Academy is an outstanding school. My daughter has been there for 3 years and is growing into a beautiful young lady. Their teachers are warm and loving and really care of the kids. I love having a school that backs up the virtues we teach at home. Our daughter can't wait go to school in the morning, she even asks if she can go on the weekends.

Posted August 9, 2010

Emerald Heights has made our job of parenting so much easier. It's the best environment for our children because it encourages kind-heartedness, concern for others, honesty, self-discipline and good manners. The other parents also share the same desire to instill good character in our children. Their teachers really know and love our children.

Posted August 19, 2009

As a former EHA parent I look back on our years at Emerald Heights with fondness. The parents, teachers and admistration are wonderful!

Posted January 20, 2009

We have two children at Emerald Heights Academy and we're on our third year at the school. What I find so impressive are the parents I've talked to who've had kids attending the school for years. They value the faith and character formation of their children and the strong academics. I personally recognize the children and families at the school to be unique in that they are truly values-centric, intelligent and charitable people. I know that what I try to teach at home is being reinforced at the school. I am so grateful to have found this school early on in my childrens' education.

Posted March 26, 2008

We have been at this school for a couple of years and I continue to be impressed by their excellent academics. We reviewed many schools on the Eastside before choosing EHA. Although we are not a very religious family, I have liked the faith formation they provide our child. Unlike a previous reviewer, I have never ever felt that there is fundamentalist militaristic' atmosphere. On the contrary, it is very warm and inclusive. I would recommend EHA for parents interested in sending their children to a school where academics and are paramount and positive peer influence is a priority.

Posted February 18, 2008

We have been an Emerald Heights family for several years. It has been an excellent experience for our whole family. The teachers, staff and other families show deep concern and love for all the children. My children are getting terrific formation in all aspects of their education. I know when I drop them off at EHA, they are somewhere special. We did experience a diocese school for two years and although our son got an education, the environment was not as charitable as Emerald Heights Academy.

Posted January 29, 2008

Saxon Math, Excellence in writing, positive peer group influences, attitude of politeness and respect are all priceless benefits our family has received from Emerald Heights. I recommend it for families looking for a complete formation of their child with a Christian outlook on our world.

Posted July 2, 2007

New parents at Emerald Heights Academy , and we have just completed our first year. What a wonderful school! Teachers are compassionate , loving, and warm, with personal attention to each child. This is very much a Christ centered school, the children pray before starting each morning, say grace before meals, and attend mass together every Friday. Charity - The perfection of God- like love, as displkayed in the lives of the Saints, wich consists of deeds, not words. This is true at E.H.A., we have felt very welcome by parents and staff. The principle greets the children every morning with a loving smile, and sends them home with kind words and loving hand shake. There are many fun activities and events at the school, our child can't wait till Semptember! If you are looking for a warm, charitable, friendly, and Christ- like love, you have it at Emerald Heights Academy!

Posted January 9, 2006

This school is in a rented building with very little play equipment, no sports teams, no chapel, shared rooms that prevent a feeling of permanence, and one gets very little for ones dollar. Save your money, send your kids to one of the eastside's public schools and go to church on Sundays -- it will be a much better place for your child. Or try one of the schools that are part of the Archdiocese. I agree with the other low rated review.

Posted January 1, 2006

If you're looking for a fundamentalist, militaristic, insulated, conservative,reactionary, sheltered envirnoment for your child, Emerald Heights Academy is for your child. As a former parent, I give the school two thumbs down.

Posted June 28, 2004

We have been at Emerald Heights Academy for four years, and we feel incredibly blessed to have found such a caring environment for our children. To find a school with strong Catholic values and such a low child-teacher ratio is not easy. EHA not only sets high academic standards, but it provides the support needed for children to achieve those goals. Another quality that sets EHA apart is its commitment to providing a well-rounded education. I'm still amazed by the manners my children use at school and the way that they come home excited to raise money for a school in Mexico or get involved in other charitable acts. We truly feel lucky to have found this little gem!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 7%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:20 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:00 p.m.
  • Pierre N. Antoine
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Gifted / high performing
  • Independent Study
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Multi-aged
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • None
  • Art room
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Internet access
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor