Bellevue, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 15, 2013
Montessori curriculum is not for every child. People need to understand the tenets of the program and asses whether or not your child is a good fit for this type of learning. My son loves it and has totally thrived at this school. The teachers and staff are loving and I'm amazed at what he has learned in such a short time. The parents are highly involved and committed. We love this school!

Posted April 15, 2013
My son started Bellevue Montessori school in Pre-K when he was almost 3 years old. I can not recommend this school enough. My son has been in the school for 2 years and he is already registered for the next year. He has not only learned a lot academically, but also became so much independent, good mannered and self confident. Teachers are very passionate about the kids and spend so much 1:1 time with the them.

Posted May 08, 2012
6 months ago we enrolled our boys in the 3-5 grade class at the Park campus - The best decision we have made in a very long time. Both our boys love their new school and don t want to miss a day! They are thriving on so many levels. Great, caring teachers and students, differentiated instruction and homework, responsibility towards their work and the community, individual and group assignments just to name a few. The Montessori environment offers so many learning opportunities for eager and curious learners. Our kids are not held back but encouraged to explore and expand their knowledge. Specials offered are Spanish, Music, Drama, Conditioning and Science. Our kids have been on 3 fieldtrips, and attended the yearly 4 day camp for the upper elementary. The kids do 2 yearly performances. Also the kids do a history report where they learn how to conduct research, build up a research library through bibliography cards and finally present their result in a visual presentation. Since the focus of Montessori is to support every student at their own individual level, differentiation is an integrated part of daily school life. We are so happy to, be a part of this wonderful school!

Posted March 30, 2012
i am so disappointed with this school. if you have a child who is 100% obedient maybe it is perfect place, but if you have a child who is not willing to cooperate all the time then she will be in trouble.she has to listen whatever they say and do whatever they asked for otherwise they put your kids on separate chair for long time, or they send her to the Mrs Hoffman office. my child need reason for everything that she has to do, she is a good listener and she will do if she get convinced with the reason behind it. in reality they don't want to spend time with the kids who is not 100% obedient. throwing a child out of classroom has a huge impact on the kid's emotions. Mrs Hoffman thinks these kids are in the army!! also, teachers does not have any authority to talk with parents. assistants are not suppose to talk to the parents, that means there is something fishy that parents should not be aware of. if you need to talk to teachers Mrs. Hoffman is in charge!! in addition, academically this school has the lowest rating. i put my child in Kumon learning center two times a week, otherwise she would not learned much in the school; all she did was drawings!!!

Posted February 29, 2012
We are highly recommend this school, my son goes there from grade 1 through 5th. Teachers are very highly qualified and creative on individual curriculum. Our experience working with teachers and school staffs are excellent, you will find all students are very good manners and respectful of others, we are so happy to find this school for our son, and would like to share this experience with others who is seeking for good learning environment.

Posted April 20, 2011
Bellevue Montessori is the best montessori school on the Eastside. Our child has learned and grown so much. They teach everything from academics to manners to social interactions. The teachers and staff are wonderful and the facility is top notch.

Bellevue Montessori School 4

Posted November 09, 2010
The school is great. My son and daughter attend this school for two years now. They just totally love it. The teachers are great and passionate. They try to work with each child base on his/her ability. My kids go to school not only learning academic challenge but also prepare them in social, music and language. I love the school.

Posted October 28, 2010
I agree with the other parent who was disappointed in the kindergarten program. (I'm writing specifically about their Pine Lake satellite location on the Sammamish/Issaquah border.) The fact that the facilities were lacking did not make me think less of the school (though now in hindsight it does). Maybe it would be fine for preschool, but a school-aged child needs to be *instructed* in order to make progress in certain areas, not just left to his own devices. We quickly withdrew our cihld and are much happier w/the public school system, where they are better able to challenge a gifted child than at the Montessori school. Furthermore, parents are literally discouraged from participating in the classroom. Overall, a huge disappointment.

Posted March 10, 2010
I had high hopes for this school when we chose it for kindergarten, who was already doing 2nd-grade work. However, in 'following the child,' the teacher allowed my daughter to fill her days with tons of art and little else. There is practically no TEACHING going on! She stagnated there. She learned much more after we pulled her & put her in public school. This school is on the Montessori bandwagon full-bore. The staff does not see any drawbacks to Montessori-style independence or the positive aspects of traditional instruction. E.G., public school 'conformity' can produce positive peer pressure to try a new subject b/c you are required to. The Montessori political correctness was over the top. For starters, adults give too much control to the children in setting classroom rules. Also, not all activities are 'work.' (Puh-lease!) Finally, someone who breaks the rules is 'disobedient,' not simply 'a poor fit.'

Posted February 11, 2010
My son loves the school! The staff is firm but loving. Kids are learning in a secure environment, which is more important than what they are learning. The teachers are all very accomendating to different personalities of the children and attend to special needs. The after school program was very well run. Overall, very satisfied with the quality of edcuation and care my son is getting there.

Bellevue Montessori School
2411 112th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA  98004
Last modified Bellevue Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Bellevue Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top