PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We have two sons attending BCA and Willows Prep. The founder of the school and the teachers are overall exceptional. They have always been willing to work with us to support our boys as necessary to ensure their success and well being. The curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. There has been some growing pains during the last couple of years but the focus has and continues to be on students. We have many friends with children at other schools around the greater Seattle (both private and public) and we can say with confidence that our children's education is on par with the top schools in the area. The tuition at BCA / Willows while significant is 15 - 25% less the similar private schools throughout the area. The recent addition of more sports activities (Cross Country, Soccer, etc) is a big plus. Overall we are very happy.

This school needs to learn to listen to the parents and feedback given. We felt throughout the 2 years our son was attending that the administration was not helpful and any and all feedback was looked upon as "Helicopter Parents!" To be ignored and made to feel irrational is not what we signed up for or deserved. We decided to take our child to CedarCrest Academy and he has been flourishing and the campus playground and overall staff and teachers are extremely kind accommodating and just as high an education ranking. We do not recommend #BellevueChildrensAcademy #BCA and feel wasted our money and our child suffered there with the lack of caring and nurturing in their standard of education.

BCA is overall a winderfull school. The School's greatest asset is its teaching staff. The ITBS scores, which can run 2+ grades above the public scores, are a clear demonstration of their effectiveness. The school is very student focussed: the Director was overheard telling teachers during training, "if a child is not responding to our way of teaching, try reaching them by a different way." This kind of approach and the small class size that enables it are what make BCA a superior learning opportunity for many children. We are mystified by another review and its criticism of tuition. We have monitored BCA's tuition against other private schools in the area and, over six years, have always found it to be average to low average, with only a 12% increase over that legnthy period. Of course there are fund raisers from time to time but that is par at every private school and BCA's are managed by a very well-run parent association, with money going to education enhancements rather than frivolous social events. And, contrary to what other schools seem to do, we have never seen BCA set up any kind of discrimination between students based on the parent income levels. Quite the opposite, there is a wonderful equality felt by ours and any of the other children we are aquainted with. In short, our experience is that BCA is an excellent environment for growing, learning, making friends, and preparing for the next levels of life.

I have been teaching for more than 15 years and I am currently a teacher at Bellevue Children's Academy. Throughout my years as a teacher, I have not been happier at a school than I am now. BCA is an inviting place for children, parents, and the staff that they employ. The founder and directors work very hard to ensure that our school delivers the best education to the students that are enrolled. As a teacher, I am encouraged to learn new, innovative styles of teaching, as well as to be creative in my classroom and how I teach my students. Parents that send their children to Bellevue Children's Academy will not be disappointed in the education that their child(ren) receive. The students learn how to be both independent and collaborative workers as well as global thinkers. In my opinion, you couldn't ask for a more well-rounded, high-achieving school in which to send your children.

I am extremely pleased with BCA and would highly recommend this school. My daughter was in Pre-K and all her teachers were amazing! Tuition is worth every penny!

Develops character: Disagree

School administration is untruthful; for example the information on this site states that 5/10 applicants are accepted. The school is not this exclusive.

The owner plagiarizes curriculum, violates copyrights and violates labor laws. Teachers are not always paid for full amount of overtime and are frequently not paid on time.

This school is a very sneaky and secretive. There is a lot of unfair and immoral activity that I have discovered the administration is up to. The school hardly spends any money on each student. Students would receive better care, more financial investment, and a better overall education in one of the local public schools. I withdrew my child from the school and he is now attending a nearby public elementary school. I am much happier with the current school than I was with BCA.

Tuiton hikes of 8-10% each year. Wow, if only our salary could keep up with that!

best elementary school in WA state full stop, middle and high school coming soon.no need to look any further.

Last modified Bellevue Children's Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8