Bellingham, WA

Meridian High School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
If we had not moved into the Meridian district and put my children in a different district, our family would've missed out on sooo much! The teachers and support/Special Ed staff are amazing. We moved into this district and once we moved out of it, our kids didn't even want to discuss changing districts! They had made great friends, enjoyed being in awesome teams and extra-curricular activities. We have now moved away but we will always look back fondly on our time in the Meridian district.

Posted July 08, 2013
The school is overrun with cliques who make anyone that is at least slightly different feel unwelcome. The school is crawling with teenagers who don't know the meaning of respect and kindness. Nothing is private. Any matters OUTSIDE of school involving students, that is brought to staff attention will be resolved with disciplinary action, even though its really none of their business. The teachers are bland, boring, and speak in monotone voices, making it easy for students to be hymned to sleep. Select teachers are often extremely rude. Teachers will pick favorites and it is easily recognizable by all the students present in the class. They do not update grades everyday like they should be doing, instead they put off grading assignments for a couple weeks making it hard for students to improve their grades.

Posted June 25, 2013
The only good thing about this school is that you may participate in running start (taking college classes instead of high school classes at the college of your choosing WCC or BTC) your junior and senior year. If you play your cards right you would be able to graduate from high school and college at the same time, like some have done. Some teachers here are excellent, but most are not. If you are popular you will thrive at this school, especially if you are a popular athlete and farmer, if you are not you will be ignored by all staff. Compared to all other schools in the area this has to be the worst school education wise, but one of the nicest building wise. And when it comes time for graduation and scholarships be prepared to be involved in the most unorganized event of your entire life.

Posted June 14, 2013
Great School, the teachers are always there to help anyone who wants to stay after school for help! ---MHS Graduate "2012"

Posted May 31, 2012
I HATE THIS SCHOOL IT IS THE WORST EVER IN THE GALEXY. THE REASON WHY I CAN NOT SPELL RIGHT IS CAUSE I GO TO MERIDIAN. DONT EVER COME HERE!!!! I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!

Posted May 12, 2011
I myself have gone through many schools big and small. I graduated from Meridian. Now I have children of my own. They started out in California schools have gone to Bellingham schools and ended up in Meridian. It's home, they don't have clicks. You dont have to be rich and they accept all kinds as there own. I would never let my kids go anywhere else. We are far from farmers. Meridian is the best school you could possible put your children in in Whatcom County. Oh and yeah they like there football but all schools do. The teachers are the best class sizes are small and they get alot of extra help before and after school not to metion during the class period.

Meridian High School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
Coming from a larger district myself, Meridian is amazing! The teachers and administration remember you and know your kids. Parent involvement is superb!! The primary and elementary schools offer daytime AND evening concerts and plays and it is always standing room only. Mom's, Dad's, and grandparents are at all events. Tremendous support. Also, the generational alumni rate is astounding!! My husband is a graduate. In some cases, there are 3rd and 4th generations of grads. I could write more but there isn't the room... ;)

Posted October 14, 2009
This school is not a good school for many students. Unless your a farmer, or athlete, the students suffer. It does not have great problems, and the teachers are actually often inconsiderate of students needs.

Posted September 16, 2009
Has great community programs beyond the school classroom for students and parents

Posted January 15, 2009
yes the school is mall but in sports the students bigger than any ohter players out there. out techers i very involved with students and really care how they do in school and on classwork.

Meridian High School
194 West Laurel Rd, Bellingham, WA  98226
Last modified Meridian High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top