Bad
Good

I have had a child at this school for 10+ years. In the last few years, the quality of this school has gone down. I think a lot of that has to do with the leadership of the school. Since the current principal took over, the mood around school has always been a little negative. You see it in the staff, you see it in the morning help, you see it on the playground. The volunteers are rude to parents and students alike, as well as the front office staff is rude and very curt when it comes to parent interaction.

Great teachers and a wonderful principal. She has made a lot of changes for the good. I have had a child in the school from K to now 3rd grade. Wouldn't be at any other school.

The principal of this school is out of her league. I will agree the first year was good, but its been downhill ever since. I am soooooo glad my kids do not attend this poorly run and dilapidated old school anymore.

I agree the new principal is great. The teachers seem to really appreciate the support she provides. Reading and writing skills are very well taught - excellent. Math skills instruction is very good but is an area that could use some improvement. This does not mean math is bad here just weaker than other areas and not quite as focused. I have two kids who go here. Best view of the lake from the playground! Highest recommend.

This school is outstanding. The new principal has made all the difference. The teachers were already amazing but with her support and leadership this has become an exceptional school.

my student is not getting the help she needs in math they just move on to hardder math she lost

We moved from CA specifically so our children could attend this school. Our oldest attended all 6 years and we have a 4th grader now. I love the sense of community the school offers, the personal support systems and the AMAZING teachers! Both of my children read far above grade level and have been greatly encouraged by staff and a wonderful librarian. I would highly recommend this elementary above all others in Whatcom County.

Great teachers, however it is a well known fact the Principal lacks leadership and decision making skills. The school is great because of the teaching staff and parents. With better direction, it could be sooooo much better!

Lots of internal problems that affect school atmosphere - new leadership needed.

I am a parent of a special needs child. The schools staff and principal have bent over backwards to do everything they can to help my child. Since coming to Silver Beach this year my son has flourished. The parents are extremely active. There is always a volunteer in class. The children are giving and accepting. I cannot express how happy I am with Silver Beach. I hope to have all of my children go to this school.

Last modified Silver Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.