PK-3, 5-7
Bellingham, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 21, 2010
I love how they emphasize social responsibility - on a small scale as well as a bigger one.

Posted April 21, 2010
Bellingham Cooperative School does teaching in the way I think schools should - joining book-learning with real-life learning.

Posted April 21, 2010
It's a wonderful resource for children and their families. It helps meet the individual needs of children in a nurturing, hands-on environment.

Posted April 20, 2010
My daughter attended with me as I taught, growing up in the school from age 9mo. to 13. It's a small community school with a nurturing staff that is dedicated to meeting the needs of each and every unique student.

Posted April 20, 2010
It is a wonderful alternative to the tradtional view of schooling. The Addministrator is wonderful with the kids.

Posted April 20, 2010
Because it helps benefit the children and families in our community.

Posted March 02, 2009
Great school! We all know that good parenting can make great kids...but great teachers with calm, cool, but insightful perspective help make better kids. I sent my kids to preschool here inspite of a more traditional midwestern background and thank myself often.....what a great staff....lots of brains,creativity, love and happiness. A must for hardworking families that are looking for a creative solution.

Posted April 30, 2008
This is an amazing place- unconventional, quirky at first, but man, your child will shine, grow, engage and feel so loved here. It allows for learning to be interactive instead of force fed.

Posted September 24, 2007
I can't say enough good things about the Bellingham Cooperative School. My daughter began attending when she was five; she is now nine, and loves school and learning just as much as the day she arrived. The fabulous school grounds (three acres!) are a delight; the teachers are dedicated, skilled and truly child-centered; the structured yet relaxed approach to education is everything I could wish for. Highly recommended.

Posted April 02, 2006
Both of my boys attended BCS for the full duration of their elementary years. During these years of schooling my primary interest for my sons was to gain a strong appreciation for learning, a good foundation for understanding how to pursue learning important to oneself, and most importantly to grow with a strong sense of personal values and a healthy self-esteem. BCS was an excellent choice for all three of these goals. BCS was successful in partnering with our parenting to develop inherent appreciation in our boys for themselves and the value of community. Now 17 and 22 they are both highly successful in their endeavors and I credit their experience at BCS as a strong component in this success. If you want to grow a healthy, happy, and successful child, BCS is a good choice.

Bellingham Cooperative School
1207 Ellsworth, Bellingham, WA  98225
Last modified Bellingham Cooperative School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3, 5-7
Bellingham Cooperative School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top