PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have been absolutely blown away by the incredibly individualized education my son has received at Whatcom Day Academy. I cannot speak highly enough about this school. All of the teachers and administrators at the school know my son, know his interests, and have had a meaningful hand in his learning experience. He adores it, and misses it when he is away from it. With small class sizes, I know he is really "seen" by the school, and his giant leaps forward in skills demonstrate to me that the quality of what they teach is absolutely top notch. My son's teacher is really more of an extended family member, and she indulges me constantly as I ask questions about how he's doing and hang out in the classroom once in a while. This is a very special place, unlike anything else in Whatcom County.

Excellent education focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math). So grateful I found this school for my children.

My kids have been at Whatcom Day Academy for two years starting in preschool. Dedicated teachers and small class size really accelerate their learning! The kids have fun in a safe environment and make great progress every month. I definitely recommend Whatcom Day to all other parents.

We have been at Whatcom Day Academy for 2 years now and are really glad that our child is getting educated in such a fantastic STEAM driven school that encourages development of every child at their own pace. Very fun loving school with great emphasis on community, good teaching staff and an energetic Head of School. Go WDA !!!

Whatcom Day Academy is a excellent school that embraces teaching through hands on learning and experimental learning. It's been awesome to see my son blossom from a young shy preschooler to an out-going and energetic first grader. I'm am always amazed at what he is learning at school and tells me about at home. One of the great things that makes WDA stand out apart from other schools is the smaller class sizes which allows more personal attention between teachers and students. By being a smaller private school, you really get to know other parents and families and feel part of a community. With the emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) education, both curriculum and teaching methodology, you can be sure that you children will get the best education that will last a lifetime.

Whatcom Day Academy is OPEN! Yes!! I'm so happy that the teachers, parents and friends of the school worked so hard during the past year to re-invigorate this school and its important intellectual work with children. It's going to be a fantastic year.

Whatcom Day Academy is a fabulous school. My grandsons have both attended since they were 3 years old and now at ages 10 and 7 are thriving. They are both performing above their grade level in math and reading. They have already developed critical thinking skills that will be with them forever. I wish I had been able to attend a school like WDA, when each child is nurtured and encouraged to excel. I'm especially pleased with the emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). I fully expect my grandsons to continue to grow both academically and personally because of the education they are receiving at WDA.

WDA is such a community! Can't say enough about how my daughter has flourished and grown in the last 3 years with the help of her various teachers. I feel like they are meeting her needs, are flexible but yet direct and encourage in a positive manner. I also know that with the smaller class sizes that she feels like she is heard as well. So glad this option is here in Whatcom County. Just wish they offered a high school now!

WDA is a fabulous school, especially with their early years programs. They have excellent and innovative teachers who truly teach the whole child. However, administration changes and financial issues that were not predisclosed this year have left us feeling uncomfortable with the school and the board members in charge. I hope they can turn it around, but at this point my child will go somewhere else next year.

We are fortunate to have such kind, compassionate and dedicated teachers at Whatcom Day Academy. Small classes give teachers the time to work with the students individually, so they can build on their strengths and work on their weaknesses. We are extremely happy with Whatcom Day Academy! Our son is excited to go to school and that says a lot! We highly recommended WDA!

Last modified Whatcom Day Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8