Bellingham, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 17, 2014
My kids have been at Whatcom Day Academy for two years starting in preschool. Dedicated teachers and small class size really accelerate their learning! The kids have fun in a safe environment and make great progress every month. I definitely recommend Whatcom Day to all other parents.

Posted August 09, 2014
We have been at Whatcom Day Academy for 2 years now and are really glad that our child is getting educated in such a fantastic STEAM driven school that encourages development of every child at their own pace. Very fun loving school with great emphasis on community, good teaching staff and an energetic Head of School. Go WDA !!!

Posted August 05, 2014
Whatcom Day Academy is a excellent school that embraces teaching through hands on learning and experimental learning. It's been awesome to see my son blossom from a young shy preschooler to an out-going and energetic first grader. I'm am always amazed at what he is learning at school and tells me about at home. One of the great things that makes WDA stand out apart from other schools is the smaller class sizes which allows more personal attention between teachers and students. By being a smaller private school, you really get to know other parents and families and feel part of a community. With the emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) education, both curriculum and teaching methodology, you can be sure that you children will get the best education that will last a lifetime.

Posted August 04, 2014
Whatcom Day Academy is OPEN! Yes!! I'm so happy that the teachers, parents and friends of the school worked so hard during the past year to re-invigorate this school and its important intellectual work with children. It's going to be a fantastic year.

Posted August 03, 2014
Whatcom Day Academy is a fabulous school. My grandsons have both attended since they were 3 years old and now at ages 10 and 7 are thriving. They are both performing above their grade level in math and reading. They have already developed critical thinking skills that will be with them forever. I wish I had been able to attend a school like WDA, when each child is nurtured and encouraged to excel. I'm especially pleased with the emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). I fully expect my grandsons to continue to grow both academically and personally because of the education they are receiving at WDA.

Posted January 23, 2014
WDA is such a community! Can't say enough about how my daughter has flourished and grown in the last 3 years with the help of her various teachers. I feel like they are meeting her needs, are flexible but yet direct and encourage in a positive manner. I also know that with the smaller class sizes that she feels like she is heard as well. So glad this option is here in Whatcom County. Just wish they offered a high school now!

Whatcom Day Academy 2

Posted November 03, 2013
WDA is a fabulous school, especially with their early years programs. They have excellent and innovative teachers who truly teach the whole child. However, administration changes and financial issues that were not predisclosed this year have left us feeling uncomfortable with the school and the board members in charge. I hope they can turn it around, but at this point my child will go somewhere else next year.

Posted October 29, 2013
We are fortunate to have such kind, compassionate and dedicated teachers at Whatcom Day Academy. Small classes give teachers the time to work with the students individually, so they can build on their strengths and work on their weaknesses. We are extremely happy with Whatcom Day Academy! Our son is excited to go to school and that says a lot! We highly recommended WDA!

Posted October 29, 2013
Great Teachers, an incredible open/flexible learning environment, and an emphasis on cultivating the individual students abilities is what sets this school apart. In addition to academics, WDA develops confident students that are comfortable with who they are.... I am always awestruck by the speeches given by the culminating students to all the students, faculty and parents on the last day of school during the year end picnic. These young adults heading into high school are so at ease, comfortable and well spoken, displaying traits usually not developed until after at least several years of experience at college.

Whatcom Day Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2013
My school is Whatcom Day Academy. My daughter has only attended WDA for 2 years now. My intent was to have her in a safe environment where she is able to make mistakes and learn from them. Instead of be punished and made to feel bad about herself as in the public school system. I wish that I was able to have her attend throughout her early years in school. The philosophy at WDA, Nurturing the Brilliance in every child, is whatmade my decision to have my daughter attend. I am not sure what my school can do to improve. At this time I hope that the school is still here in 5years, so that my granddaughter can attend, starting with preschool.

Whatcom Day Academy