Bellingham, WA

Posted July 20, 2015
We are thrilled and proud to be a part of the St. Paul's community. This school prioritizes academic excellence and nurturing the individual child and the best part--all staff members, including administrators, are actively involved in making this goal a reality!

St. Paul's Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 20, 2015
St. Paul's Academy exemplifies everything we wanted in a school. The class sizes are small to allow for individualized instruction and attention, the administrators have a very open door policy to allow parents to voice any concerns, and the community is simply outstanding! We are familiar with all of the private schools in town and St. Paul's Academy stands out amongst the rest! It was an absolute joy for us to watch our son thrive and grow this past year.

Posted April 19, 2015
St. Paul's is an amazing community to belong to. Our students care about their communities and are well supported by all staff members and families to "think big" about the positive impact they can make in the world. Our families are supportive and encouraging, welcoming new families through social and academic events. I am PROUD to be a teacher in this inspiring school!

Posted December 30, 2014
As a parent, you always want the best possible environment for your child. We considered every option when choosing a school for our now-kindergarten son. St Paul's stood out to us for their engaged staff, solid curriculum and emphasis on supporting the whole family, not just the child. Four months into the school year, we could not be more pleased. Our son is thriving on every level. He leaps out of the car every morning, eager to learn and be challenged. Thanks to the small class size, his teacher is able to work with him in small groups, and adjust the work to fit his specific needs. Our son has become part of the community at St Paul's - it warms my heart to walk through the school with him and see him greeted by administrators, teachers and students from other grades. We can't imagine a better place for our son or for our family than St. Paul's, and we're grateful every day that we made this choice!

Posted December 04, 2014
I am a parent of a Kindergartener at St. Paul's and I have been so impressed with the school so far! The teachers are incredible! Not only do both of the kindergarten teachers really understand my son and work daily to help him grow academically, emotionally and socially, they are also very transparent, caring and willing to discuss my concerns and questions at any time. My son comes home daily saying how much he loves school and is so excited about what he has learned. My son had no interest in learning to read before kindergarten and has already begun basic reading after only 3 months... the best part is that his teacher is as excited about it as he and I are! Socially they do a great job of working with the kids to teach them how to resolve disputes and always address situations ASAP, they actually have a weekly class on feelings and how to handle emotionally laden situations. My son has a peanut allergy and they entire school has been so supportive and I really feel like they are all looking out for him. He is so proud to call St. Paul's his school!

St. Paul's Academy 2

Posted October 27, 2014
Teachers push a curriculum that is way too hard for kids to actually understand, and the students are spoiled rich brats, and they're bullies. Don't send your kid here. Its a bad school inside.

Posted October 12, 2014
St Paul's Academy has been an excellent school for my kids. We have been part of the lower school, the junior high, and the high school. At each grade level we found teachers and administrators who were interested in my children as individuals and who worked to stimulate the most growth and development my children were capable of. Small class sizes are used to great benefit at St Paul's. The school is well supported financially by the families that attend and the larger Whatcom community. The opportunities for sports and extracurricular activities are somewhat different because of the smaller size, but I think my children have had more opportunities to participate (as "average" kids, they aren't sports stars!) than they would have at other schools.

Posted July 28, 2014
Bellingham is so fortunate to have St. Paul's Academy! I am grateful to be able to send my children (ages 10 and 12) to St. Paul's for many reasons, but most important to me is the unwavering support and guidance they receive from the teachers, administrators, students, and other parents. St. Paul's is a place where my kids are celebrated and supported for their individuality. This atmosphere allows them to think creatively and to explore and express their ideas and thoughts. Because of the small class size the teachers are able to really know my children and to support their learning in a unique and individual way. The teachers recognize their particular strengths and are also able to better guide them in areas of weakness. My oldest, just completed 6th grade. Her teachers were universally full of passion for the subjects they taught and have sparked in her an even greater thirst for knowledge and learning. She participated in Middle School sports (Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Track and Field) and was compassionately mentored by 7th and 8th grade teammates (and coaches) in a way that positively impacted her self-confidence and enabled her to grow. We are very grateful!

Posted July 14, 2014
Our family has been involved with St. Paul's for 13 consecutive years now and we still love it! We have found paying tuition to be a financial strain, some years more than others, but have continued to make the commitment to stay because we feel it is giving our kids the best educational cornerstone possible. We have told our three kids that we will not be funding their college tuition, and feel that the foundation that they have been given at SPA will give them the ability to study hard in high school, achieve good grades/SAT scores and earn scholarships. We love the small class sizes, the wonderful teachers and staff and the ability to stay in close communication with the people/staff who are teaching our children.

St. Paul's Academy 4

Posted June 20, 2014
I love this school. My children didn't go to SPA, but I often wonder what it would have been like for them to attend school in such a loving, welcoming environment that fosters individualized education and community service. The students, staff, and parents are all part of a great whole that creates a positive, uplifting experience for those involved. I would wish this kind of schooling for every child.

St. Paul's Academy