PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

St. Paul's Head of School, Admissions Director and entire staff have responded promptly in helping us resolve our personal needs. There's such a positive spirit among all faculty and staff.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through the chapel program, students are encouraged to learn about other faiths and to give to those less fortunate in the community. It was a gift to us to be able to serve dinner to men and women at the Lighthouse Mission through the 8th grade Stone Soup program.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers and staff have connected with my children by tapping into their interests and individual gifts, and encouraging them in areas where they don't feel as confident. Communication with me has been prompt, thorough and thoughtful.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My kids have enjoyed the block scheduling with alternating class days (Blue and White days), plus study hall time.

St. Paul's Academy has been a blessing for my two middle school children, and our family. The warm and caring faculty and staff, state-of-the-art facilities and innovative academic and extra-curricular opportunities have ignited my children's interest in school and preparing for their future endeavors. Although it's only our first year, families and students have been so welcoming that we already feel very much part of the St. Paul's family. We look forward to high school at St. Paul's with its small class sizes and personalized program.

This school is a great opportunity to put your child into a school program that focuses on excelling in academic ability while teaching respect for one's self and fellow students. The attitude towards learning is so positive here, and with a team of teachers that interact with the students on a daily basis they get the benifits of a multidimensional approach. The uniforms truly remove the unnecessary aspect of childeren comparing current styles and they lessen the burden of what to wear each day. There is daily communication between the teacher and parent which is helpful for a peace of mind as well as a great conversation starter for you and your child. You get a leg up on talking with your child about how their school day went. I think something that would make the school even better, would be if the school had a bus for field trips. Currently parents escort childen via family cars to field trip destinations. Other than that, the small class sizes really make it worth the tuition. We are very happy with St. Paul's Academy and are already registered for fall 2017. Hope to see you there!

This school is everything I was looking for and so much more! I researched/toured a small handful of schools last spring. I had a second grade son and a preschool age daughter. My son had always been so eager and excited to learn. The old cliché of being a little "sponge" was so true in him. He loved reading, math, science, and everything in between. Somewhere in the first quarter of second grade his excitement began to wane. All his grades were great but something was definitely "off". He rarely talked about what was being taught in the classroom. His zeal for reading and learning(in general) took quite a dip. I did the best I could to work with him at home and challenge him, with limited success. I did my best to communicate with the teacher/school to offer some enrichment in those areas where he tested above grade level. It was met with a lukewarm response of "too many students" to do anything for those that were at or above grade level. I spent many weeks battling with my usual wait and see approach to such things. My son was also reluctant to change schools and leave all his friends. In hindsight, I feel too much time was wasted. I should have pulled him out directly following that disappointing lukewarm meeting. I knew, in my heart, a change was required. So, in spring, I took a tour of St. Paul's Academy. I had just finished attending an open house for another private school(closer to home). I had even began filling out all the registration paperwork for that school. I returned from the St. Paul's tour and knew it was the school for us! My son was able to be "student for a day" on campus. He loved it and was ready to make the change immediately following this special visit day. There are so many things that attracted us to this school. It is truly a community with amazing parents, teachers, and staff. It is diverse in many respects. Cultural and religious diversity is at the very core of true education, in my opinion. St. Paul's is accepting of all religions and all faiths are celebrated.St. Paul's Academy, with it's small class sizes, is able to offer a more individualized education for each child. A rigorous curriculum in with an equal emphasis on social/emotional growth. A school that is giving each student high standards; an opportunity to excel, and be challenged. My son's excitement for learning has returned! Best decision for our family.

Having family members who worked in the public school system, we have always been big proponents of keeping our child in public school. We found ourselves in a difficult position when our daughter had a tough transition to middle school. Her sixth-grade year was filled with emotional distress due to bullying and an inappropriate situation with a teacher that the principal didn’t seem to take very seriously. Our confident, perky, funny child suddenly became quiet, withdrawn, and anxious. We watched as she started hunching her shoulders and hiding behind her long hair, as if attempting to be invisible. We considered our options and took a tour of St. Paul’s. Immediately, we were impressed by the confident, polite, well-spoken 8th grader who led us around and answered our questions. When we asked her if she liked St. Paul’s, her enormous smile was answer enough. It’s been two years since we first enrolled our daughter at St. Paul’s Academy, and we both agree it was the best thing we could have done for her. Her confidence has returned, she enjoys school again, and she’s made some really wonderful friends who build her up and appreciate her for who she is. Our daughter’s academic performance has improved exponentially, as well, in large part due to the small classroom size and the hands-on nature of the teaching there. As my daughter says, “the teachers don’t just stand at the front of the room and talk to us, they talk with us, like we’re all having one big conversation together.” It is clear that academic excellence is also important to the students at St. Paul’s middle school, and this has influenced my child in a positive way, helping her focus on her own academic performance. The administrators and teachers also work with the students to teach conflict resolution, compassion, and tolerance in a way that is meaningful and has a real impact. It isn’t often that you find a school that excels both in academics and in giving and providing its students emotional support and growth, yet St. Paul’s does both. I cannot speak highly enough of St. Paul’s, and I strongly recommend it to parents looking for both a nurturing environment and a rigorous college-prep school for their children.

We have 2 children at St Pauls and we love it! The kids started in preschool and have continued ever since, now in 4th and 6th grade. The small class size allows for personal attention from the warm and encouraging teachers and it allows the teachers to keep their classrooms focused. St Pauls is truly committed to educating the whole child with strong academics and offering moral/ethical education through weekly chapel. The teachers and administration have high expectations for their students and this is reflected in their curriculum. We couldn't be happier with our decision to send our children here.

Our son is now finishing his 8th year at St. Paul's Academy. The decision to attend this school was one of the best we have made as parents. The small class sizes have provided for tons of individual attention and have enabled our child to excel and progress at an accelerated pace. The teachers here are smart, detailed, nurturing and fun. The administration is top of the line and always working to improve the curriculum and daily life at the school. I trust that they truly care about the students and know what is best for them. We have made amazing, life-long friends at this school, which is indeed a supportive and loving community. Our family has found a home at St. Paul's, and yours will too.

Last modified St. Paul's Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12