PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)

This school is everything I was looking for and so much more! I researched/toured a small handful of schools last spring. I had a second grade son and a preschool age daughter. My son had always been so eager and excited to learn. The old cliché of being a little "sponge" was so true in him. He loved reading, math, science, and everything in between. Somewhere in the first quarter of second grade his excitement began to wane. All his grades were great but something was definitely "off". He rarely talked about what was being taught in the classroom. His zeal for reading and learning(in general) took quite a dip. I did the best I could to work with him at home and challenge him, with limited success. I did my best to communicate with the teacher/school to offer some enrichment in those areas where he tested above grade level. It was met with a lukewarm response of "too many students" to do anything for those that were at or above grade level. I spent many weeks battling with my usual wait and see approach to such things. My son was also reluctant to change schools and leave all his friends. In hindsight, I feel too much time was wasted. I should have pulled him out directly following that disappointing lukewarm meeting. I knew, in my heart, a change was required. So, in spring, I took a tour of St. Paul's Academy. I had just finished attending an open house for another private school(closer to home). I had even began filling out all the registration paperwork for that school. I returned from the St. Paul's tour and knew it was the school for us! My son was able to be "student for a day" on campus. He loved it and was ready to make the change immediately following this special visit day. There are so many things that attracted us to this school. It is truly a community with amazing parents, teachers, and staff. It is diverse in many respects. Cultural and religious diversity is at the very core of true education, in my opinion. St. Paul's is accepting of all religions and all faiths are celebrated.St. Paul's Academy, with it's small class sizes, is able to offer a more individualized education for each child. A rigorous curriculum in with an equal emphasis on social/emotional growth. A school that is giving each student high standards; an opportunity to excel, and be challenged. My son's excitement for learning has returned! Best decision for our family.

Having family members who worked in the public school system, we have always been big proponents of keeping our child in public school. We found ourselves in a difficult position when our daughter had a tough transition to middle school. Her sixth-grade year was filled with emotional distress due to bullying and an inappropriate situation with a teacher that the principal didn’t seem to take very seriously. Our confident, perky, funny child suddenly became quiet, withdrawn, and anxious. We watched as she started hunching her shoulders and hiding behind her long hair, as if attempting to be invisible. We considered our options and took a tour of St. Paul’s. Immediately, we were impressed by the confident, polite, well-spoken 8th grader who led us around and answered our questions. When we asked her if she liked St. Paul’s, her enormous smile was answer enough. It’s been two years since we first enrolled our daughter at St. Paul’s Academy, and we both agree it was the best thing we could have done for her. Her confidence has returned, she enjoys school again, and she’s made some really wonderful friends who build her up and appreciate her for who she is. Our daughter’s academic performance has improved exponentially, as well, in large part due to the small classroom size and the hands-on nature of the teaching there. As my daughter says, “the teachers don’t just stand at the front of the room and talk to us, they talk with us, like we’re all having one big conversation together.” It is clear that academic excellence is also important to the students at St. Paul’s middle school, and this has influenced my child in a positive way, helping her focus on her own academic performance. The administrators and teachers also work with the students to teach conflict resolution, compassion, and tolerance in a way that is meaningful and has a real impact. It isn’t often that you find a school that excels both in academics and in giving and providing its students emotional support and growth, yet St. Paul’s does both. I cannot speak highly enough of St. Paul’s, and I strongly recommend it to parents looking for both a nurturing environment and a rigorous college-prep school for their children.

We have 2 children at St Pauls and we love it! The kids started in preschool and have continued ever since, now in 4th and 6th grade. The small class size allows for personal attention from the warm and encouraging teachers and it allows the teachers to keep their classrooms focused. St Pauls is truly committed to educating the whole child with strong academics and offering moral/ethical education through weekly chapel. The teachers and administration have high expectations for their students and this is reflected in their curriculum. We couldn't be happier with our decision to send our children here.

Our son is now finishing his 8th year at St. Paul's Academy. The decision to attend this school was one of the best we have made as parents. The small class sizes have provided for tons of individual attention and have enabled our child to excel and progress at an accelerated pace. The teachers here are smart, detailed, nurturing and fun. The administration is top of the line and always working to improve the curriculum and daily life at the school. I trust that they truly care about the students and know what is best for them. We have made amazing, life-long friends at this school, which is indeed a supportive and loving community. Our family has found a home at St. Paul's, and yours will too.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Paul's Academy is based on Christian values and principals. The bi-weekly chapel sessions are non-preachy but uplifting, and provide a solid Christian foundation. The 4 core commitments to which the St. Paul's community adheres are Engage, Reflect, Create and Care. This atmosphere supports and develops honesty, integrity and fairness, as well as respect for one another and their teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Our daughter is in the 6th grade at St. Pauls and we are so pleased. The staff and administration are amazing. They go above and beyond to make each student feel inspired to learn and be apart of the St. Paul’s community not only with academics but also with personal growth. We moved to Bellingham a little over a year ago. After the initial visit with Natalie, we immediately knew that this was the school for our daughter. Thanks to Jamie Estill, Natalie Smith and the entire staff at St. Pauls for such an amazing experience.

Our daughter is in the 6th grade at St. Pauls Academy and we are so pleased. The staff and administration are amazing. They go above and beyond to make each student feel inspired to learn and be apart of the St. Paul’s community not only with academics but also with personal growth. We moved to Bellingham a little over a year ago. After the initial visit with Natalie, we immediately knew that this was the school for our daughter. Thanks to Jamie Estill, Natalie Smith and the entire staff at St. Pauls Academy for such an amazing experience.

The St. Paul’s small class sizes necessitate students to collaborate with a diverse student population to solve both academic and social situations. The integration of Spanish language starting at the pre-school level with full immersion starting at the sixth grade class integrates a global view to academic instruction. The transition from elementary to middle school is strategically planned to prevent a culture shock and to ensure student success both academically and socially. Both of our children enjoy attending St. Paul’s! We have found the vast majority of teacher’s to be truly passionate about their work at St. Paul’s and fully engaged with our children and their needs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Christian values and conversations around the Core Commitments are a strong basis in developing honesty, integrity, and fairness in the students. The Core Commitments are Care, Create, Engage and Reflect. These are discussed and put into practical every day use. Students use this language to communicate what they are learning and how they feel on a daily basis.

As proud parents of a Kindergartner at St Paul's Academy and a preschooler at Little Epistles, we are very thankful for the positive environment offered to our kids. From the comprehensive curriculum of science, math, languages, reading and writing to class structure, spiritual enrichment, and community involvement, our kids get to experience it all. More importantly, these skills and programs are offered early on at Little Epistles and make for a smooth and seamless transition to Kindergarten. We have seen our kids flourish and grow, make meaningful connections and learn important skills that they will carry with them for years to come!

Last modified St. Paul's Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12