Bellingham, WA

Posted October 22, 2012
Wade King has been nothing but wonderful for both my children! They are very nurturing and challenging at the same time. Both my children have loved ALL their teachers. They have such a wonderfully unique approach to teaching with the IB program. I only wish they had offered a program similar in nature when I was a child.

Posted July 17, 2012
"Purposeful" and "high expectations" are the two phrases that I think best describe King Elementary. Teachers, kids, parents and admin staff - everyone has high expectations of everyone else, and they all rise to the occasion. The curriculum is completely worked through. They take the WA standards, decompile them, then recompile them into the structure of the International Baccalaureate program. The net result is that they cover well beyond "what is required for the test" and in fact meet internationally recognized standardards. My cousin teaches the IB program in Switzerland. In other words, your kids won't get the same program across the town, but will if you move across the world.

Posted November 02, 2010
I am really impressed by the intentional way this school has chosen to educate the students. I believe the emphasis on student led inquiry will lead to a passionate inquiring mind as well as strong self confidence. Respect, empathy, cooperation, and a myriad of other attributes are part of the daily curriculum. The school itself is healthy and beautiful inside and out; the library is bright, and there is a music room! And, importantly to our family, the students come from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Although it is natural to have off moments. the teachers and office staff have thus far been helpful and kind. Coming from a waldorf/montessori background I can't say how pleased we are to have found a public school like Wade King.

Posted April 24, 2010
WKE is in the process of getting their International Baccalaureate PYP certification. The kids in all grades are receiving Mandarin instruction, the school has been built with Green principles and has a very active recycling and composting program, and the IB program is teaching all kids a respect for all world cultures, as well as how to take the lessons they have learned in school and use them in the real world. I feel so lucky to be in this school district, and feel my kids are getting a very special and valuable education.

Posted March 10, 2010

Posted February 12, 2010
I love this school! My daugther has had both Mrs. Niva and Mrs Binkley and they are both amazing teachers who are completely dedicated to helping their students learn as much as they can in such a short amount of time. They also treat each child with so much kindness and respect. It is such an amazing environment for these little ones! The principle (Mr McElroy) is very engaged with the kids and makes regular appearances in the classroom and he knows all the kids by name. The office staff is so kind and treat the kids with much kindness and respect. I can't say enough about this school....I am so excited to give my kids the opportunity to go to this school.

Wade King Elementary School
2155 Yew St Rd, Bellingham, WA  98229
Last modified Wade King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wade King Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top