Kiona-Benton City Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2012
I have to agree with the previous comment. There is not much if any support from the special services department. My daughter is in the process of finally being tested for special services, but it took almost six months. Even though if you request, verbally or in writing, testing for special services, by law the school has 25 days to test the child. The school puts all of the accountability on the parent, and behave as if it is not their problem. If you are looking for a school that has a good special education program, Benton CIty School DIstrict is not it.

Kiona-Benton City Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2010
The regular education part of the school is fair, but there is not much support from the special services department. I nagged and nagged them for a good year about my son needing their services, but they kept putting me off over and over again. Finally after months and months of waiting (not to mention the thousands of $$ to get into a specialist to have my son tested--he more than qualified for all their services.He needed speech therapy, OT and PT as well as a number of accommodations. That was 5 months ago and I still get very little support from this school. They have a way of making me feel like it is our problem and that my son is a loss cause. I'm very disappointed in the sped services.

Kiona-Benton City Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2008
This school is wonderful! We really love it. The staff is remarkable. They are very friendly and all seem to really love their jobs. All children are treated with respect and genuine concern. We moved here from another state and couldn't be more happy with this school. It's truly amazing.

Kiona-Benton City Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2004
We love our school! Our daughter is only in second grade, but we have thoroughly enjoyed the teachers she has had so far. I am allowed to volunteer in the classroom, so I know all of the kids and get a first-hand look at what the teachers are doing. We couldn't be happier!

Kiona-Benton City Elementary School
1107 Grace Ave, Benton City, WA  99320
(509) 588-2090
Last modified Kiona-Benton City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kiona-Benton City Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top