Bad
Good

Sawyer Woods Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2012
I thought my child was getting a great education at Sawyer Woods. I was mistaken. If we are talking about the reading and math skills needed for the state testing, then yes. That is what they teach. All other subjects are treated as extra or unnecessary. The attendance policy only allows for tardies to be excused when a child is ill. A couple flat tire or other excuses will result in a stay in the office for recess time. My kids would rather stay home than face the office lady if they are late. Needless to say when the same lady monitors the lunchroom all children have to talk quietly or the traffic light will go on and the kids have to put their heads down. I think this school needs new administration. Someone who remembers why they went into education in the first place and reminds the teachers that an education is more than just knowing how to do math and read.

Posted November 07, 2009
Great teachers and parents. My child learns in a safe and fun enviroment.

Posted February 18, 2008
Our daughter is in 1st grade at Sawyer Woods, and we have had the best experience. I volunteer regularly and each time I do I am thanked for my assistance by other teachers. Every interaction with the staff has been positive - they just seem happy and love their school. There are many extra programs for students to enrich their education. My daughter loves school, loves to learn and loves Sawyer Woods - and we do too!

Sawyer Woods Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2005
Our son went to Sawyer Woods for Kindergarten last year. We moved and he started 1st grade in a new school not to far away and in the same Kent School District. When we were at Sawyer Woods we were very satisfied with the level of education our son was receiving, but now that he has moved to another school it is very obvious that he was receiving a level of education that was advanced in comparing with his new school. The curriculim that they have been covering and will be covering in the next few weeks are items he learned last Jan. in Kindergarten. My husband and I are sad that we did not way our options with his education a bit more. Sawyer Woods is great and the PTA is excellent!

Sawyer Woods Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2005
Staff and parent involvement are first rate. The school changed principals before the 2004-2005 school year and there is definitely a difference in how the school is run. I'm not sure if it is an improvement or not, as the previous principal was the best the district had to offer and very student/parent oriented.

Posted October 27, 2003
Fantastic school. Dedicated, caring teachers and a top notch principal. Very active and involved PTA.

Sawyer Woods Elementary School
31135 228th Ave SE, Black Diamond, WA  98010
Last modified Sawyer Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.