Bad
Good

I thought my child was getting a great education at Sawyer Woods. I was mistaken. If we are talking about the reading and math skills needed for the state testing, then yes. That is what they teach. All other subjects are treated as extra or unnecessary. The attendance policy only allows for tardies to be excused when a child is ill. A couple flat tire or other excuses will result in a stay in the office for recess time. My kids would rather stay home than face the office lady if they are late. Needless to say when the same lady monitors the lunchroom all children have to talk quietly or the traffic light will go on and the kids have to put their heads down. I think this school needs new administration. Someone who remembers why they went into education in the first place and reminds the teachers that an education is more than just knowing how to do math and read.

Great teachers and parents. My child learns in a safe and fun enviroment.

Our daughter is in 1st grade at Sawyer Woods, and we have had the best experience. I volunteer regularly and each time I do I am thanked for my assistance by other teachers. Every interaction with the staff has been positive - they just seem happy and love their school. There are many extra programs for students to enrich their education. My daughter loves school, loves to learn and loves Sawyer Woods - and we do too!

Last modified Sawyer Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.