Skyview Junior High School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
If you want your child to attend a good college, don't send them to this school. The administration is clueless. Students are allowed to disrupt class activities and nothing is ever done. Teachers are not allowed to teach accurate facts, for example, a teacher was reported to the principal for saying BC means Before Christ. This teacher was accused of being a witch. That is the kind of thing that is allowed to happen at this school. If you are able to send your child to another school, please make the effort. Otherwise, they will be completely unready for higher education.

Posted June 20, 2013
I have one daughter just finishing with Skyview after 3 years and another about to start there. I have been quite pleased with her grades and her involvement in both band and drama. I was rather surprised to see that the previous poster said to stay away from these programs. The music program is bursting at the seams and should really have a second teach involved with the band/orchestra. This school has advanced classes in many subjects. Most teachers are communicative when a parent asks to be involved. The current principal does not allow student involved fund raisers that allow the kids to handle money. This is really really strange and I find it to be counter productive. Even my elementary child is allow to handle money in her fundraisers. I will note that the principal was willing to work with the music boosters to create a fund raiser that fit into her constraints and quite frankly it was an overwhelming hit. I do it again.

Skyview Junior High School 3

Posted March 31, 2013
My child went to Skyview for three years. While their scores are high, the teachers can be very "clickish" and if they don't like the parent, the child's grades will suffer. My child had this happen. The new principal is a train wreck, she is more concerned with her wardrobe then governing a school. They had an interim principal who was outstanding, but the replacement is going to do nothing but bring the school down. There are several good teachers, but their hands are being tied by the leadership team. Stay away from Band and Drama!! Teachers are clueless.

Skyview Junior High School 4

Posted November 05, 2012
My daughter is an 8th-grader at Skyview Junior High and she loves it. I am particularly happy about the "Junior High Challenge Program" implemented through out the Northshore School District since 2011-2012 school year. She is able to take several 9th-grade level classes and is doing very well. The couselors and teachers are all very friendly and helpful also.

Posted April 30, 2012
We are new to Skyview community and so far, very pleased! We bought a house nearby because of its proximity to Skyview. Love the breakfast option and so does my seventh grade son. We have a bit of getting acquainted to do, but that will come.

Posted March 14, 2012
amazing teachers awesome activities great food creative, green and supports charities GO TO SKYVIEW JUNIOR HIGH!!! it is so fun and amazing.

Posted June 18, 2010
We love this school! My daughter just finished the 7th grade and it was her first year there. We have had to move every year for many years now, so we have places to compare it to and by far this was the best. Most of the teachers are very nice, caring people who work with you for anything you need (only one teacher I was not happy with but she was only there for one class a day). Administration is very approachable. Good quality kids. HIGHLY recommend!

Posted January 29, 2010
Skyview Junior High is an Excellent and Awesome school. I'm a seventh grader, and I just finished my first semester there, and my classes got traded. Mr. Nowak is a great teacher!

Posted November 25, 2009

Skyview Junior High School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
its a good school. It challenges students to get better at what they need to know.

Skyview Junior High School
21404 35 Av SE, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Skyview Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyview Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top