Bothell, WA

Canyon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted November 25, 2014
Canyon Creek is a great school to place your child in. I was a student their for five years and absolutely loved it there! The staff is kind, and the teachers really care about our learning. I have no bad things to say. I highly recommend it if you are moving to the Bothell area. I wish I never left!

Canyon Creek Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
My child attends First Grade at Canyon Creek Elementary. The only time the class teacher has spent time reading with my kid was when she is grading. On most occasions, the reading classes are conducted by parents and grandparents. I am hoping to take this into account when Northshore School District asks me to vote for the MASSIVE tax levy that is up for vote in early 2014.

Posted May 13, 2013
Run from the state of WA. Great Schools website has been a complete disappointment by not having up to date information. WA will just start to implement Common Core in the next 2 years. NSD is over over crowded. Canyon Creek Fernwood and Kokanee are all at 800 kids expected in the next year, which means your Kindergartener and probably 1st grader will be bused elsewhere in the district. And they want a new high school to correct this problem. Canyon Creek has a library where the computers are not turned on for the kids to use, the computers are not used in the classrooms because there are too many kids with too many discipline issues and academics are redundant and low level for most kids. Run from NSD and the state of WA.

Posted May 05, 2013
I totally agree with the most recent post. The school is very crowded and the curriculum is too easy. We have two children they and both complain they are doing the same things they have already done. When I drop off and pick up, I feel overwhelmed due to the mass of kids running around and the chaos. I can only imagine how my kids feel. I am not impressed at all by the WA schools.

Posted May 04, 2013
My boys attended this school for 4 years and I'm so glad we moved out of state and left this school. Very overcrowded! Had up to 780 students when we left! The staff is worn out and the curriculum is so pathetic and easy. My kids are finally being challenged at their new school. I do have to say one positive thing is that the music teachers and PE teachers are great!

Posted October 09, 2012
Very crowded school. Since school started, I have been trying to get time to discuss some specific needs of my child with the class teacher. The class teacher has been unresponsive even after many attempts.

Canyon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2012
My family has been part of hte Canyon Creek Community for 7 years now and I have been a active parent in the school. The parent involvement/PTA is strong at the school and they have done many things for the school(new playground equip, microscopes and many fund-raising functions and events for the kids). Melissa Ford is an amazing teacher who is great with the students and quite relaxed unless there is a need. Barbara Pope is a strong teacher who teaches 2nd grade, provides a strong foundation for the students and participates in many school activities such as Coyote Scholars(students tutoring program), Student Council and Track. We are fortunate to have both of these ladies teaching at Canyon Creek along with many other wonderful faculity members. Personally, I have done alot in my life to stay grounded at this school for the teachers that have been here.

Posted September 18, 2012
In my sons 5th grade year, he was humiliated by his teacher in front of his peers to the point of him begging me to homeschool him, which I did after talking to the principal and reporting it to the super! That teacher took his science project and held it up in front of the class and said This is what not to do! I have never seen him so upset. All it takes is one parent to stand up to these types of things. Parents need to speak out! I think I heard that teacher no longer teaches there. Hopefully that is true. Parents, always ask your kid how their day was and what happened. It's so important in todays schools! I homeschooled my son for the following three years and he is now a freshman at Skyview. I have a child in kindergarten at Canyon Creek now and so far, I really like her teacher. He is amazing. But I still ask her every day how school was and I will the rest of the time she is there.

Canyon Creek Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2012
I am shocked by some of these reviews. My son has been at Canyon Creek since 1st grade, he is in 5th now and we have had nothing but great luck with the teachers....I have never met more kind, enthusiastic and committed people. Including and especially the teachers one of the parents mentions. My son had both, and I cant say enough good about these teachers. Canyon Creek is an excellent school with excellent teachers....more parent involvement would make it even better!

Posted February 07, 2012
My son had a terrible experience during 5th grade. He said that a teacher (who wasn't even his own teacher) named Mrs. Ford was intimidating his for no apparent reason, and threatened for practically no reason at all. I am not sure if she still teaches at the school, but hopefully she is gone. As a last note, avoid placing your child in Mrs. Pope's class.

Canyon Creek Elementary School
21400 35 Ave SE, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Canyon Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top