Bothell, WA

Posted April 12, 2013
My daughter attends and we appreciate their hard work. She has hearing aides and she is accommodated quite well.

Canyon Park Jr High School 3

Posted July 31, 2012
My student just finished 9th grade at CPJH and I am overall fairly satisfied with our 3 years there. They have made some much needed changes to their grading system which should add rigor to the academic program; less weight is being given to participation and a greater emphasis will be placed on performance. Hallelujah. The fine arts program is lovely and we had an exceptional experience with the honors Math program. I feel the Social Studies and Science programs could be stronger. I never saw a single homework assignment in either subject, never saw a textbook, and never heard of any exams or quizzes- all indicating to me that the curriculum is weak. Regarding the Language Arts program, my only comment is that they need to do far more reading and focus on higher quality literature. The discretionary reading list had way too much fluff in it. Given a choice, what child would select The Catcher in the Rye over The Hunger Games? In summary, I think my child is reasonably but not exceptionally prepared for the transition to high school. I feel CPJH is a decent school though if you are looking to locate in this area, I suggest you look closely at the nearby Skyview Jr High.

Canyon Park Jr High School 1

Posted December 15, 2011
worst school ever, to much messed up stuff don't go to this school the bully's can get really crazy sometimes.

Canyon Park Jr High School 1

Posted October 11, 2011
My family and friends are ticked of at this school. We don't feel like any of our bullying issues ever have got resolved. The administration & principals are nice, although many teachers and one counselor are impolite bullies. I seem to almost get hit by a car everyday when walking from and to school. The school doesn't do anything about crosswalk saftey. My best friend and neighbor of the same age has been decided my her parents to take an online school this school year instead of a second school year at Canyon Park Junior High. I'm an eighth grade girl who needs special services and the only thing that has improved within the school compared to last school year is the special education system. Harassment issues I've had has been pretty bad so far for this school year and the situations I am in are more nasty than before. I dislike this school very much, because of a majority of the staff are rude, bullying, and the school's carelessness.

Posted November 28, 2010
Canyon Park is the best Junior High in the Northshore School District. From the Administration to the teaching staff, you will not find a staff more dedicated to the kids, their success, and development than that of CPJH's. I've had two students attend this school, and have felt as a parent that I am a valued participant in my kids' learning, and that I am welcomed on campus and even in the classroom. There are many opportunities for students to be involved in afterschool activities from gardening club, art club, tutoring club, science olympiad to the usual afterschool sports programs. The Administration has made its goal this year to create a school a new school culture at Canyon Park by focusing on the attributes of Excellence, Respect, Responsibility, and Community. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful school community!

Posted March 29, 2010

Posted March 28, 2010
My children love this school and their teachers through all of the challenges. I'm very pleased with all of my daughter's teachers and classes and the campus is very beautiful.

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted January 26, 2010
We have really appreciated the opportunities my son has received at this school. He's been challenged in his classes (both honors and regular), and has had a lot of fun at the same time. In seventh grade, his science teacher let them dissect cow heart-lung stems, which he thought was amazing. His science teacher also had them helping create a garden, and my son brought home 8 plants that he had helped grow! This year he's enjoying Science Olympiad and History Day, as well as cross-country and wrestling. He enjoys school, his teachers pour in countless extra hours into activities for students and helping them learn, and the school itself looks very nice. We're very pleased with his junior high experience.

Posted October 31, 2009

Canyon Park Jr High School
23723 23 Av SE, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Canyon Park Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Park Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top