Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Pretty straightforward and most teachers keep parents informed.

Good, but needs to address some bullying issues.

My daughter attends and we appreciate their hard work. She has hearing aides and she is accommodated quite well.

I am a student at Canyon Park Junior High and will be graduating this year. I must say I have had one of the best experiences in school there, I attended elite private schools, and this Junior High matches up to their standards. The kids are very nice and accepting to everybody, regardless of race, religion, or sexual orientation. There is slight bullying as there is in any school, but the consulars deal with it. One earlier review claimed the bullies are treated too harshly, but indeed they are not. There is very VERY minimal presence of drugs, and there are friends for everybody. Every child who attends this school is very lucky. The teachers are amazing, and very involved with students, both in school and in email-communications about work.

My student just finished 9th grade at CPJH and I am overall fairly satisfied with our 3 years there. They have made some much needed changes to their grading system which should add rigor to the academic program; less weight is being given to participation and a greater emphasis will be placed on performance. Hallelujah. The fine arts program is lovely and we had an exceptional experience with the honors Math program. I feel the Social Studies and Science programs could be stronger. I never saw a single homework assignment in either subject, never saw a textbook, and never heard of any exams or quizzes- all indicating to me that the curriculum is weak. Regarding the Language Arts program, my only comment is that they need to do far more reading and focus on higher quality literature. The discretionary reading list had way too much fluff in it. Given a choice, what child would select The Catcher in the Rye over The Hunger Games? In summary, I think my child is reasonably but not exceptionally prepared for the transition to high school. I feel CPJH is a decent school though if you are looking to locate in this area, I suggest you look closely at the nearby Skyview Jr High.

worst school ever, to much messed up stuff don't go to this school the bully's can get really crazy sometimes.

My family and friends are ticked of at this school. We don't feel like any of our bullying issues ever have got resolved. The administration & principals are nice, although many teachers and one counselor are impolite bullies. I seem to almost get hit by a car everyday when walking from and to school. The school doesn't do anything about crosswalk saftey. My best friend and neighbor of the same age has been decided my her parents to take an online school this school year instead of a second school year at Canyon Park Junior High. I'm an eighth grade girl who needs special services and the only thing that has improved within the school compared to last school year is the special education system. Harassment issues I've had has been pretty bad so far for this school year and the situations I am in are more nasty than before. I dislike this school very much, because of a majority of the staff are rude, bullying, and the school's carelessness.

Canyon Park is the best Junior High in the Northshore School District. From the Administration to the teaching staff, you will not find a staff more dedicated to the kids, their success, and development than that of CPJH's. I've had two students attend this school, and have felt as a parent that I am a valued participant in my kids' learning, and that I am welcomed on campus and even in the classroom. There are many opportunities for students to be involved in afterschool activities from gardening club, art club, tutoring club, science olympiad to the usual afterschool sports programs. The Administration has made its goal this year to create a school a new school culture at Canyon Park by focusing on the attributes of Excellence, Respect, Responsibility, and Community. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful school community!

My children love this school and their teachers through all of the challenges. I'm very pleased with all of my daughter's teachers and classes and the campus is very beautiful.

We have really appreciated the opportunities my son has received at this school. He's been challenged in his classes (both honors and regular), and has had a lot of fun at the same time. In seventh grade, his science teacher let them dissect cow heart-lung stems, which he thought was amazing. His science teacher also had them helping create a garden, and my son brought home 8 plants that he had helped grow! This year he's enjoying Science Olympiad and History Day, as well as cross-country and wrestling. He enjoys school, his teachers pour in countless extra hours into activities for students and helping them learn, and the school itself looks very nice. We're very pleased with his junior high experience.

Last modified Canyon Park Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.