Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everyone here is kind and the teachers make sure everyone is kind and respectful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I had a teacher who was very caring and she always kept us on track and informed us on about success.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is given every day and it is overall well balanced

It is just awesome due to the awesome teachers

I love Crystal Springs- after moving here from the east coast it is definitely a more welcoming community. The principal is very kind and involved, and all the teachers have been fantastic to work with - there are some true gems. Looking at this year's group I saw limited if not zero turnover. The community came together to recently replace the playground- it's a diverse community so a great environment for little ones to enter into and learn diversity first hand. But it's a middle to upper middle class area, demographics have shifted so I have seen even more support come into the school in just the past year. I think parent involvement in the PTA could improve, but in classrooms there is quite a bit. The PTA runs the art program and there is a parent volunteer in every classroom running the curriculum each month! It's a Title 1 School but you would never know- it's extremely diverse and just a great community of working families.

So, we have been at tis school for 7 years now and have 6 still to go between our 3 kids. I love this school. The teachers and staff are excellent and have come to know me and my kids well. They really take the time to get to know the students and do their best to make each child's education the best it can be.

We moved here from out of state last year and my 2nd and 5th grader felt very welcome at their new school. I was really pleased with the principle and the teachers. They are constantly trying to improve. I have helped in the classroom, talent show, and multiple school functions. All are run very organized with the children's education and safety at the fore front!

I LOVE Crystal Springs! And I LOVE our new Dynamic Duo at the helm!! My son had a ROUGH kindergarten year 2 years ago and under different principal supervision, things didn't turn round until the 11th hour. What I like best about our new principal/vp duo is that they work HARD to ensure they are in the mix at the first signs of trouble. They believe in working with the student having issues, the student causing issues, the teacher and the parents. They would rather NOT suspend kids or give them detention, rather they strive to find positive solutions that meet everyone's needs while still keeping the childrens' dignity in tact. They are all about making school a safe, fun and education place that kids WANT to come to! I look forward to my final 4 years here! I hope the principals at Skyview and Bothell are as dedicated to their kids as our principals are!!

My kids came home last year telling me they had the "coolest principals ever!" When I asked why, they said it was because their principals would come out to recess every week and play with them -- jump roping, making pet rocks, making cards and other arts & crafts, playing foursquare, and just hanging out with them. I was so impressed. I don't know any other schools where the principals take time during recess lunches to spend the whole time with the kids. I learned that our principals also do a coffeehouse every Friday from 9:15-9:45 where the principal would offer up coffee and meet with parents. After the first one I attended, I was hooked! Not only did she talk about certain topics (the new high school, her zero tolerance on bullying and what they do to stop it, what it means to be a Title 1 school, etc.) but she would open the floor to the parents! She would ask us we have any issues, concerns, suggestions and nothing was off-limits to talk about. I truly believe in our new administration and their desire to better our school, our kids' education and experience. I hope they are both around for years to come... and I hope they continue with the lunch & coffeehouse activities.

Crystal Springs Elementary is top-notch! My children have attended here since 2007 & I have always been impressed and pleased by the administration and especially the teachers. These are teachers who passionately love kids & want to see them grow and succeed. I am so glad this is our home school...I wouldn't trade it for any other!

Last modified Crystal Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.