Bothell, WA

Posted September 03, 2014
So, we have been at tis school for 7 years now and have 6 still to go between our 3 kids. I love this school. The teachers and staff are excellent and have come to know me and my kids well. They really take the time to get to know the students and do their best to make each child's education the best it can be.

Posted September 03, 2014
We moved here from out of state last year and my 2nd and 5th grader felt very welcome at their new school. I was really pleased with the principle and the teachers. They are constantly trying to improve. I have helped in the classroom, talent show, and multiple school functions. All are run very organized with the children's education and safety at the fore front!

Posted September 02, 2014
I LOVE Crystal Springs! And I LOVE our new Dynamic Duo at the helm!! My son had a ROUGH kindergarten year 2 years ago and under different principal supervision, things didn't turn round until the 11th hour. What I like best about our new principal/vp duo is that they work HARD to ensure they are in the mix at the first signs of trouble. They believe in working with the student having issues, the student causing issues, the teacher and the parents. They would rather NOT suspend kids or give them detention, rather they strive to find positive solutions that meet everyone's needs while still keeping the childrens' dignity in tact. They are all about making school a safe, fun and education place that kids WANT to come to! I look forward to my final 4 years here! I hope the principals at Skyview and Bothell are as dedicated to their kids as our principals are!!

Posted September 02, 2014
My kids came home last year telling me they had the "coolest principals ever!" When I asked why, they said it was because their principals would come out to recess every week and play with them -- jump roping, making pet rocks, making cards and other arts & crafts, playing foursquare, and just hanging out with them. I was so impressed. I don't know any other schools where the principals take time during recess lunches to spend the whole time with the kids. I learned that our principals also do a coffeehouse every Friday from 9:15-9:45 where the principal would offer up coffee and meet with parents. After the first one I attended, I was hooked! Not only did she talk about certain topics (the new high school, her zero tolerance on bullying and what they do to stop it, what it means to be a Title 1 school, etc.) but she would open the floor to the parents! She would ask us we have any issues, concerns, suggestions and nothing was off-limits to talk about. I truly believe in our new administration and their desire to better our school, our kids' education and experience. I hope they are both around for years to come... and I hope they continue with the lunch & coffeehouse activities.

Posted September 02, 2014
Crystal Springs Elementary is top-notch! My children have attended here since 2007 & I have always been impressed and pleased by the administration and especially the teachers. These are teachers who passionately love kids & want to see them grow and succeed. I am so glad this is our home school...I wouldn't trade it for any other!

Posted September 02, 2014
My School is Crystal Springs Elementary in Bothell, WA. My daughter has attended this school for the last 5 years. I can not say enough good things about the staff, teachers and parent helpers. Each and every teacher my daughter has had, is exceptional. Thank you for all your support with my daughter. Her education would not be the same with out CSE Staff!

Crystal Springs Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2014
The kids at this school are nothing but self entitled rude bullies. My child was also attacked on the bus, punched in the back of the head but no one from the school ever contacted me & nothing was done to the child as far as I know, they continued to harrass my child at school, I called the principal and left a message I NEVER RECIEVED A CALL BACK. The ladies in the front office are very nice, helpful, the bus driver is nice and always gives out stickers. The school is clean and well maintained. Some of the teachers and staff lack skills needed to run a school and manage that many children happily. BASICALLY THE PRINCIPLE IS WORTHLESS when a problem arises between students, my kids never complained about their other school, and now they both (K & 6th grade)constantly complain about this one and are now so unhappy which wasn't an issue before, be prepared for drama and no support from the staff, we will not be attending next year as they are also sending all Kindergarteners to another school so my 2 little ones won't be going to the same schools, this school really needs to GET IT TOGETHER so b i th children and parents can feel safe and happy while attending Crystal Springs.

Crystal Springs Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
My daughter went here for a short time for kindergarten , they suspended her two times for "being excited" (keep in mind she is in kindergarten). The principle and assistant principle have no experience what so ever as administrators! Which was told to me by the school district office when I filed a complaint. My daughter learned nothing at this school (she is a very bright apple). Amazingly, a couple of months after switching her to a new school, she can read, write , do math and is very happy to go to school every day. Now that my daughter is not stressed out about going to school and not worried about dealing with the horrible staff and teachers that she used to have to deal with, she can actually focus on learning like a child should. The principle and assistant principle at Crystal Springs should be fired and or demoted immediately. This school almost destroyed a child's first year of education which sets the tone for the rest of their lives. This school has the worst principle and assistant principle. This school has a high turnover rate for staff and almost every staff member at this school has a horrible attitude.

Posted June 04, 2013
Many of the teachers have been at Crystal Springs close to their entire careers - once they work at our school they don't want to leave. The families and the teachers are wonderful and almost everyone attends the PTA events & parties. My children are thriving at Crystal Springs and love going to school. I would highly recommend Crystal Springs.

Crystal Springs Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2011
We tried hard to like this school. Between the staff, the trashy parents, and the principal we were sorely disappointed. Our child was consistently given teaching staff with little or no interest in actually educating children, and most seemed well past the burnout stage. With one parent as an educator we were astounded at how poorly the school is supplied and equipped, how low the academic requirements are, how many parents seem more interested in themselves than their child, and how the staff required lots of goodies and recognition for a performance that was mediocre at best. This school is strongly indicative of what is wrong with the American education system in general and Washington State in particular.

Crystal Springs Elementary School
21615 9 Ave SE, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Crystal Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top