Posted October 11, 2013
Lockwood Elementary school has a great PACE program. This program is run very well with a great team work between teachers and parents. My kids have been going to this school from first grade. I have had exceptional experience working with the teachers and other school staff. With the focus on motivating my kids to learn and become a better person. To name a few Mr. Berger, Ms Leslie, Ms Renee are all exceptional teachers who have inspired and motivated my kids to learn in the previous years. This year looking forward to working with Ms Fry and Ms Lisa.

Posted October 09, 2013
Although I am new to the school, I am extremely impressed with the staff and the parents. It is a very welcoming school with high expectations. It also cares deeply about each student. All of the kids know Ann Madsen, the principal, because she regularly visits the classroom and makes a point to speak to the students. I am very thankful to be here!

Posted October 09, 2013
We moved to Lockwood because we were not happy with the first elementary school my daughter attended. It is amazing how different our experience at Lockwood has been. The principal really cares about the children, I often see her outside mingling with students after school. A good principal hires good teachers, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the teachers.

Posted October 09, 2013
The Principal, Teachers and Staff at Lockwood Elementary is exemplary. I've watch my oldest daughter Makena go from being shy and unsure of herself blossom into a articulate, academically confident young lady, with the help from her 4th grade teach DR.Coyne. Makena current 5th grade teacher Mrs FitzPatrick is organized, upbeat, and a teacher that draws out the best in her students. I've watch the principal Mrs.Madsen make herself available to kids before and after school. The entire atmosphere at Lockwood Elementary is one of encouragement, development, and the motivation to seek excellence from their students. I am so pleased to have a school like Lockwood Elementary in the North Shore School District.

Lockwood Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2013
we moved to this school a couple of years ago from a wonderful school in the Edmonds school district. while there are positive aspects about Lockwood, my over all experience has been disappointing.

Posted October 09, 2013
I can't say enough about the teachers at Lockwood. Our son is in the 3rd grade and all 4 teachers thus far have gone above and beyond, and are super engaged and excited still to be teaching even after decades spent there. I'm amazed at the lack of burnout, really. I think it's infectious that they all care so much and it feeds off of each other. With all 4 teachers, we've gotten postings, notices, and individualized emails regularly, and they love to have our input and to see that we the parents are engaged ourselves! The class sizes are manageable and there are regular events that everyone attends- Ice cream socials, dances, etc. etc.. One of the reasons we moved was specifically for this school district and it was well worth it. I can't say enough about Lockwood and it's teachers. 100 out of 100 stars.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have volunteered at several schools during my lifetime, both private and public schools. I have a 20+ year old so I feel like i have enough experience having been through this already. I can't say enough good things about this school and almost just as importantly...the Northshore School District. It is top notch. Teacher quality is excellent, they go above and beyond our expectations. My wife taught in other school districts and there is a reason we choose to be in this school district. You get a feeling of warmth, of confidence from the staff and a level of professionalism that is unparalleled to most. Parents are highly involved and that makes all the world of difference. The expectation levels are high but yet reasonable for students to achieve their full potential. The N.S. School foundation is also involved in helping kids in this district, so there are multiple levels for support. In my humble opinion, if a child cannot excel in this district it is 100% on them and their parents. This school, Lockwood , it's staff from the principle to the janitors are top notch. You get the same level of caring & character all through. I'm very proud to be a part of this school & District

Posted October 08, 2013
The teachers are great, they really care about the kids. My son loves his teacher.

Posted October 08, 2013
Lockwood has been an excellent start to my sons education outside of the home. He loves his Kindergarten teacher. All the staff is friendly and helpful. We feel a sense of community at Lockwood.

Posted October 13, 2011
One of the main reasons my wife and I moved to Northshore school district is for the great community and teachers that they have in this district. Starting with Lockwood Elementary. This is a blue ribbon school and is surrounded by parents, teachers and staff that care about each and every child. There is high parent involvement, amazing teachers with great drive and skill, excellent work ethic and sense of community. You will feel welcomed and your child will feel well cared for in this environment. This is coming from a person who has volunteered in many different schools and public and private settings. My wife is also a teacher at the elementary level in a different district and although her specific elementary school is great, she wanted our daughter to be in the Northshore school district and at this elementary. Again it starts with the strong leadership of the principle, the challenging academics provided by the teachers, not necessarily the district and for us...it has to be about the support of the community, the parent involvement and love and care that you feel the school gives. Thanks Lockwood and thanks Northshore to many, many more years ahead.

Lockwood Elementary School
24118 Lockwood Rd, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Lockwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lockwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top