Bad
Good

Lockwood elementary is fantastic! We are two years in with a 1st grader and couldn't be happier. From the principal, teachers and staff everyone is top notch and always responsive to parents and kids. We have a very active PTA and there are always after hour activities for families and kids. If you are lucky enough to live in our boundary you will not be disappointed. We also have PACE too!

Lockwood Elementary school has a great PACE program. This program is run very well with a great team work between teachers and parents. My kids have been going to this school from first grade. I have had exceptional experience working with the teachers and other school staff. With the focus on motivating my kids to learn and become a better person. To name a few Mr. Berger, Ms Leslie, Ms Renee are all exceptional teachers who have inspired and motivated my kids to learn in the previous years. This year looking forward to working with Ms Fry and Ms Lisa.

Although I am new to the school, I am extremely impressed with the staff and the parents. It is a very welcoming school with high expectations. It also cares deeply about each student. All of the kids know Ann Madsen, the principal, because she regularly visits the classroom and makes a point to speak to the students. I am very thankful to be here!

We moved to Lockwood because we were not happy with the first elementary school my daughter attended. It is amazing how different our experience at Lockwood has been. The principal really cares about the children, I often see her outside mingling with students after school. A good principal hires good teachers, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the teachers.

The Principal, Teachers and Staff at Lockwood Elementary is exemplary. I've watch my oldest daughter Makena go from being shy and unsure of herself blossom into a articulate, academically confident young lady, with the help from her 4th grade teach DR.Coyne. Makena current 5th grade teacher Mrs FitzPatrick is organized, upbeat, and a teacher that draws out the best in her students. I've watch the principal Mrs.Madsen make herself available to kids before and after school. The entire atmosphere at Lockwood Elementary is one of encouragement, development, and the motivation to seek excellence from their students. I am so pleased to have a school like Lockwood Elementary in the North Shore School District.

we moved to this school a couple of years ago from a wonderful school in the Edmonds school district. while there are positive aspects about Lockwood, my over all experience has been disappointing.

I can't say enough about the teachers at Lockwood. Our son is in the 3rd grade and all 4 teachers thus far have gone above and beyond, and are super engaged and excited still to be teaching even after decades spent there. I'm amazed at the lack of burnout, really. I think it's infectious that they all care so much and it feeds off of each other. With all 4 teachers, we've gotten postings, notices, and individualized emails regularly, and they love to have our input and to see that we the parents are engaged ourselves! The class sizes are manageable and there are regular events that everyone attends- Ice cream socials, dances, etc. etc.. One of the reasons we moved was specifically for this school district and it was well worth it. I can't say enough about Lockwood and it's teachers. 100 out of 100 stars.

I have volunteered at several schools during my lifetime, both private and public schools. I have a 20+ year old so I feel like i have enough experience having been through this already. I can't say enough good things about this school and almost just as importantly...the Northshore School District. It is top notch. Teacher quality is excellent, they go above and beyond our expectations. My wife taught in other school districts and there is a reason we choose to be in this school district. You get a feeling of warmth, of confidence from the staff and a level of professionalism that is unparalleled to most. Parents are highly involved and that makes all the world of difference. The expectation levels are high but yet reasonable for students to achieve their full potential. The N.S. School foundation is also involved in helping kids in this district, so there are multiple levels for support. In my humble opinion, if a child cannot excel in this district it is 100% on them and their parents. This school, Lockwood , it's staff from the principle to the janitors are top notch. You get the same level of caring & character all through. I'm very proud to be a part of this school & District

The teachers are great, they really care about the kids. My son loves his teacher.

Lockwood has been an excellent start to my sons education outside of the home. He loves his Kindergarten teacher. All the staff is friendly and helpful. We feel a sense of community at Lockwood.

Last modified Lockwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.