Bothell, WA

Shelton View Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
Not very impressed with the interactions I've had between staff and parent volunteers since starting this school year. I had high hopes as I had heard very good things about this school prior to moving to this area.

Posted May 23, 2014
This school has been getting crowded over the recent few years. This, however, is not the case with just school but is happening everywhere inside NSD schools. At a recent meeting between parents and administrators, some solutions were proposed but the key problem seems to be unavailability of FT Kindergarten seats. Not sure if there are plans to solve this yet. Teachers are accessible. The PTA is working hard with limited resources. Chess Club is a success story at this school. Parents are helpful. Go Sharks!

Posted May 02, 2014
This is a good school. So, I would not like to give it anything but 5-stars, and I feel sad to give a 4-star because of one place that requires improvement. PTA Volunteer coordinator program. The one place that requires dire improvement is the Parent Volunteer coordinator program conducted by PTA. My kid goes to 2nd Grade, and the parent coordinator has been less than fair. She does not communicate openly, and there is no global list of volunteer needs in the class. When good volunteer rolls opens up, guess who gets it? The select few!!!! My suggestion to the PTA is to be open and democratic about this. Solicit parent volunteer coordinators by sending letter to parents carried by kids. That way, ALL parents get to see it. When selecting volunteers, give the opportunity for every parent in the class to VOTE. Don't force a parent volunteer down our throats that has a history of being partial to her own kids.

Posted October 25, 2013
What could i say about this school that has not been said? One of the best schools.

Posted October 16, 2013
This is a great school with a great Principal and teachers. This school maintains a small school environment. The School District's Transportation plans when school started was lacking because they selected a hub center that was being used by just 2 kids. Some parents from 39th Ave location did an awesome job of showing the Transportation department that there are many kids from 39th Ave location that are not being serviced. Guess what? The Transportation department were pragmatic engough to review their plans and change the bus route. Kudos to the Transportation Department and School Administrators. Today, this bus transports close to 30 kids. Goes to say that parents need to connect with the School District directly instead of working through ineffective groups such as the HiCap Parent Committee who want to lobby for their cause and their kids and ignore the needs to larger parent community.

Posted October 13, 2012
My daughter has just been accepted into the EAP program and I have to say my initial impressions of Shelton View and their advanced learning program is exceedingly positive. The campus itself is beautiful, nestled back in the tall pine trees. The EAP program is also fantastic. My daughter is now with other kids who share some of her bookish and painterly tendencies and her teach is able to keep her and the class room engaged with a wealth of books and reading material to supplement well thought-out lesson plans. The PTA is also active and recently contributed $30k to build new playground equipment to help complete what is a wonderful learning environment.

Posted September 21, 2012
I went to this school for 3 years (4th-6th), when my mom moved us I completely utterly hated this school in 4th grade. I didn't have a good teacher (who thankfully moved to a different school the next year), but in 5th and 6th grade I loved it. I had wonderful teachers both years, they helped everyone from my 4th grade class catch up with what they missed or wasn't taught. They both prepared me very well for junior high, I now have got it down...all the moving/changing classes and the work load is about the same as in their classes. I think that they are very fair in disciplining students and the work load for 5th and 6th grade is reasonable for preparing kids for jr high. The only thing I didn't like was that in 4th grade I was bullied for being new and the teacher (the bad one so I don't really reflect it on the school) only talked to them and gave the warnings never took action or told the principal. And in 6th grade there was girl drama (but that is bound to happen in any school so again i don't reflect it on the school) that was happening our teachers took care of the situation and it was put to rest. I loved that the staff was so caring for my well being. It is a great school

Shelton View Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2011
I graduated elementary from this school, which I went to during the school year I was in Kindergarden and for the about the last five months of sixth grade. Well, of course I enjoyed Shelton View Elementary in Kindergarden, but I had a bad time in sixth grade with adjusting and bullying. I was being pushed to hard by my teacher, who had doubt I would do well in junior high and had told my parents so. I happen to qualify for advanced English. Many children treated me differently, but I will always remember the few who were nice and are still my best friends in eighth grade. I was never really welcomed there by parents, staff, and students, unlike the elementary school I was new to ten months before. I've been to school at two other elementary school, both in North Shore School District, and I've liked Shelton View Elementary the least. For some reason I've never met the principal at Shelton View Elementary when I was in sixth grade, but he sounds pretty nice.

Shelton View Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
Because my kid loves it and it makes her happy to go to school to be with her friends and she loves her teacher Mr. Nelson hes her best teacher yet she says!

Posted December 26, 2006
I live out of district and drive 20 minutes each way every day to attend Shelton View. The PTA & parent involvement in this school is amazing, and unmatched . This school is like an extended family, just wonderful. There are also EAP classes right at this school.

Shelton View Elementary School
23400 5 Ave W, Bothell, WA  98021
Last modified Shelton View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelton View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top