Bothell, WA

Posted September 03, 2015
I am sure the dual language program is fabulous with smaller class sizes. However, all the "selected" kids with PTO moms get into that program. This leaves the class that are not dual language with all the behavior problems. All the teachers do is try to manage classroom behavior. I went on a field trip last year with my child's class, and I was embarrassed by the behavior. The kids were rude and disruptive to the speaker. The teacher had no control. Last year, our class had 27 or 28 students where dual language had 20. Teachers' websites are not up-to-date, and there is little teacher communication. Also, most non-dual language classes are split grades...ie 3/4, 5/6. Bottom of a split is great if you have a high achieving student. But this school failed their AYP for the second year. What do you think is easier, Woodin? Teaching one grade or two? We wish we would have moved schools when the Choice Program was offered. If you have the choice, you should choose a different school.

Posted April 05, 2014
Our experience at Woodin was poor, primarily due to the principal. I had serious concerns about my child and teacher and scheduled multiple appointments with the principal which she would cancel repeatedly at the last minute. When I went in to finally meet her she was rude and demeaning, acting as if the school issue were really a parent/discipline issue. We got no support when we asked for it and when we pushed for it she suggested that maybe we should leave the school. I am a rational, responsible parent and have now been happily at another school for several years receiving the appropriate support for my son. If your child needs any special services these will not be met well at Woodin. This was not just my experience, but the experience of other parents I spoke to.

Posted August 29, 2012
My child has struggled with the bullies at Woodin. Very little is done to discipline these children. Teachers don't see the issues because the bullies hide their actions. The victims remain scared and not excited to go to school & their learning suffers. The kids all know the teachers won't do anything. I feel the principal needs to put into effect a much more strongly enforced policy, that benefits ALL the children. Homework help would be great, but is NOT offered.

Woodin Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2012
We transferred to Woodin from a school in Seattle a little over a year ago and both my daughter and I are very happy with it. She was in the advanced learning Spectrum program in Seattle, but the curriculum at Woodin is challenging enough for her that we decided not to test her for AP until junior high. The class sizes are much smaller than what we're used to also. Most of the staff take diversity and anti-bullying seriously and my daughter feels very safe there. One of my friends did have a problem with her son's teacher not taking bullying seriously so she had to step up and advocate for him. Bullies are a problem everywhere unfortunately, and I am happy that the majority of the staff are on board with not letting bullies get away with it at Woodin. No school is 100% perfect so if a teacher isn't meeting your expectations speak up and go to the principal or district and put your foot down. We moved here too late for my daughter to enter the dual language program but she is exposed to Spanish every day just being at the school and that's really neat.

Posted May 13, 2011
My child also bullying at woodin, actually teachers are concerned about it. But, still bullying are contenue every single days. specially, reeces time are meny bullies!!!! Woodin school is missing action???? Yes! it is. Woddin have to taking more siriously about bullies at school.

Posted May 11, 2011
My child has also struggled with bullying at Woodin, actually 2 of my children. It seems like the officeis far more concerned with how children are doing on tests..than calling parents when they have a child that is hurting other students, and I am so disappointed. Kids need to feel safe and protected by the adults at school so they can turn their energy toward learning. Woodin does not even recognize this as a problem, and as a volunteer, the recess ladies have zero clue what is going on at all. They stand in one spot and talk to each other all reeces long and do not know how to listen to children or handle conflict. I'm sickened that they are on payroll and kids are getting bullied regularly, and they are still there yapping to each other and missing the action.

Posted February 02, 2011
My child has been at Woodin for ~ 1 yr. At her previou school she was excelling in English & wasput in an acceleration program- something they don't have here.She's always had good grades. During the parent conference this winter I found out her grades were pretty low. I knew that she was struggling w/ bullies & it reflected inher work. I've been for trying to resolve the issues w/ bullying but nothing has been done & no one tells me when there are problems. There's a serious lack of communication at Woodin & bullies run rampant. Also, the teachers don't seem to have time/ability to work w/ students on an individual basis & it's sad that my daughter,who just last year loved school & was a yr ahead of her class w/ regards to literature, is now floundering because she feels like she has nothing to look forward to in class &is bored w/ English assignments

Woodin Elementary School 4

Posted December 28, 2009
As the parent of a high functioning autistic child, I am thrilled with Woodin Elementary. Other school districts have given lip service to our concerns for our child's education. Woodin's staff has actively worked with us, our child, and his behavioral specialists. The results have been stunning. Bravo! to Wooding Elementary's staff and administraton. There's something special going on there!

Woodin Elementary School 5

Posted October 13, 2009
Hands down the best school. Dual language program is fantastic. The teachers and staff area team with each student. I feel welcomed every single time I go to the school. They make me feel like my daughter is important and they value her education. I drive 25 minutes to the school now that we moved and I would drive an hour if I had to.

Woodin Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
There is a Spanish-English program starting in first grade; a good ratio of teachers to students.

Woodin Elementary School
12950 NE 195 St, Bothell, WA  98011
Last modified Woodin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top