Woodmoor Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
I've found many of the teachers and staff to be fabulous and really dedicated. There is great diversity in the student population which I appreciate having my children exposed to. The presence of the Special Ed kids also makes for many opportunities for kids to learn to accept and celebrate differences. The principal however lacks the personality to turn this very large school into a true community. She is controlling, superficial, and more concerned about her image and maintaining power than serving the needs of parents or children. Don't expect her to go out of her way to problem solve or help you.

Posted May 12, 2013
We have had children at Woodmoor over the past seven years. The teachers, administrative staff and support staff are all fantastic. It is a larger school, but they make all the students feel special and at home. We appreciate the diversity and opportunities our children have had as students at Woodmoor.

Posted May 04, 2013
I agree with the prior reviews. Excellent principal and staff. My daughter's second grade teacher is outstanding. I can tell simply by her progress and enthusiasm. I do not need to encourage her to do homework. There is also tremendous parental involvement. I realize a score of 8/10 is given, and perhaps that has to do with slightly lower average test scores, but that does not reflect the quality of education here.

Posted January 14, 2013
Quality Excellent Very happy with this school. We have 2 children attending this school, a regular 3rd grader and 2nd grader with Autism. The Principal and the staff are extremely close to the kids and the families! Great communication! The program for children with special needs is really good, much better than the program we previously did in Newport Elementary in Bellevue, Wa. The Children with special needs have swimming classes once a week, as part of their program! Angela Kerr The Principal and her assistant truly understand that the teachers make the programs happen. Their success is in big part due to the great team work they have at Woodmoor Elementary! This is really a great school!

Posted November 26, 2008
Great teachers, parent involvement very high. Great diversity. Could have better planning for activities such as carnival or bingo. Usually so crowded from family involvement so I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Posted July 27, 2008
Woodmoor has excellant well equipped teachers. They accomadate my disabled son in every aspect of his educational needs.

Posted June 11, 2008

Posted August 24, 2007
Woodmoor Elementary has great parent involvement! Over 200 volunteers per month sign in at the office. I have had children in the school for over 9 years and it's warm, diverse, academically focused and that stems from the top down! I could not be happier! Particularly since it is the largest school in the state with many many different programs going on at once. The Culture at Woodmoor is cooperation through and through! Great School!

Posted August 03, 2007
This school is great all around. What I see missing is parent involvment. This should in now way reflect on the school. They can not force Parent to be involved witht hter childrens school. Though they do encourage it.

Posted January 23, 2006
Woodmoore has far exceeded my expectations as a parent. The endless resources available for typically developing and special needs students goes on and on. Parent involvement is number one in this school! All the staff are wonderful and very helpful. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Woodmoor Elementary School
12225 NE 160 St, Bothell, WA  98011
Last modified Woodmoor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmoor Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top