St. Brendan Parish School

Private | K-8 | 253 students

Living in Bothell

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $303,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Sweep tile

Posted October 29, 2013

Students, very cliquish. Parents, some of the meanest people you'll ever meet. Teachers, not helpful. Principal, needs to be fired. School Building, will collapse any day. This school is going nowhere, trust me, I went through it, whatever you do, don't send your kids here, it's a living nightmare, don't listen to anyone that says this school is good. All the principal cares about is money, and she hardly helps anyone. The reviews you see by students, were the ones told by teachers to write those reviews since they all know the school is a complete dump. If you're sending your kid there, think again, you could be doing the opposite of a favor for them, and maybe even ruining they're childhood...

Posted October 18, 2013

I'm graduating St. B this year and I seriously don't want to leave my friends...no they're my family. Even the people I'm not really friends with, I still love them like brothers and sisters. Sure, the school has it's goods and bass but don't all schools? The teachers are great and try to help you as much as possible without giving you the answers. However, they challenge you, but only as much as you can handle and they really prepare you for high school. The science teacher is AWESOME! He answers your questions with a question and makes you think about the possibilities, but in the end you always know what you need to know. Also, the 6th grade homeroom/ 7th grade Lit and L.A. teacher is the best writing teacher in the world. I came to her as a terrible writer, but with her help, I can know say what I have to say clearly and thoroughly in any form of writing: expository, persuasive, stories, fiction/ nonfiction, etc. Since there is only one class per grade, everyone knows everybody. We function as a group so no one is left out. Everyone gets a chance in the spotlight with different roles and jobs. I love this school and honestly I wish it went through high school up till college.

Posted August 10, 2013

We sent our daughter here for the smaller/Christian school environment. She made friends quickly but we were unhappy with the "cliquish" parents more than anything. They have their own little groups, excluding others, even kids. I think the principal has a lot of responsibility placed upon her, not an easy job. A vice principal might help the school a lot. We moved our daughter over to a Northshore School and she is doing great. Parents seem so much more welcoming and accepting. I would not recommend this school, some of the parents need to take a look in the mirror and remind themselves why they are sending their kids there because they are not practicing what they preach.

Posted July 7, 2013

I'll leave an accurate review as soon as I know the principal is no longer working there.

Posted June 26, 2013

I found St. Brendan to be a very warm welcoming community. Even though I was a student only for the eighth grade year I felt like if it was a 9 year experience with faculty and staff. St. Brendan made me grow into a person full of good values and skills that will help me in my future. All of those things I definitely capitalized them and they helped me in high school and now going to college. I found great long lasting friends who I still keep in touch. I highly recommend the school for those parents who wants their children to have prestigious and rewarding catholic education. also there is a lot of things that boys and girls can get into as extracurricular activities that they will enjoy. the community gives a lot of encouragement to everyone to continue their education. I felt that way. I am so thankful of ending up in a school that cares for its families.

Posted June 12, 2013

I don't believe these other reviews are actually from parents. The principal has actually told teachers to write their own reviews. These are very biased. Do not believe them. Also to the principal, get ahold of me. Or I will come to you. You haven't talked to me since I graduated, but I have to talk to you about your choices.

Posted June 3, 2013

We are the parents of two wonderful students who have benefited greatly from the education they have received at St. Brendan and we highly recommend the school to anyone. We have one student in high school now and she was very well prepared by her years at St. Brendan. The teachers at St. Brendan set the bar high, but give the kids the tools to succeed. If you choose to send your child to a Parochial or private school you need to plan on being involved in and present at the school, which is definitely family oriented. In recent years the school has added a pre-school, before and after school care, and the selection of extracurricular activities has grown greatly. These new additions have benefitted the school, which only keeps improving year after year. We will be leaving the school this year as our youngest child graduates and we will leave with nothing but gratitude for the principal, teachers and community.

Posted June 2, 2013

We have loved having our kids attend the school. We have met some great families who we will consider life long friends. Most of the teachers are very caring and want to see your child succeed. We have had a great relationship with the principal. She has been fair and respectful to our kids. The kids have developed good study habits and will be/were ready for high school after 8th grade. We would recommend the school for sure!

Posted June 2, 2013

I found this site while looking for a new school to move our children from St. Brendan's.Student teacher ratio is not 20/1, the class size is to be capped at 30 at least one class has 31.The aides in each class(very nice) are not teachers they are parents.We never thought we would leave, we have graduated 2 kids who attended amazing catholic high schools and are on to Catholic colleges.Since the current principal took over about 7 years ago the school has drastically declined in every aspect.The community spirit that was once unbeatable is no longer.We now have students admitted that are in need of special accommodations that St. Brendan's doesn't offer. In my daughters class there are 2 boys who yell, hit and lack self control. Not the child's fault! He needs special resources to help him succeed and be happy.Each time we have approached the principal to resolve this situation we are told she will take care of it.Nothing has ever changed four years we have endured not one but two impulsive children that bully and taunt in her class.With sadness we are leaving our friends and amazing priest, it all comes back to the lack of leadership and poor choices of the current principal.

Posted May 28, 2013

Making the decision to send your child to a parochial school is one that my husband and I will never regret. Our children attended St. Brendan Parish School and we thoroughly appreciated the impressive education they all experienced and the strong sense of community offered. As young adults, they have often thanked us for the sacrifice we made to provide them the best education possible. To this day, the St. Brendan Community is still an important part of our lives. Strongly suggest attending St. Brendan!

Posted May 27, 2013

We have a recent graduate and two current students at St. Brendan. Our experience has been amazingly good. I beg to disagree with other reviewers in that our experience the current principal a very good one. She is very concerned about the well being of every student and has a very hard job. The teachers are all wonderful too, each one very dedicated. The families from the school are wonderful and care for one another and form a very well rounded community. We have not seen the large number of families leaving, rather we are experiencing a large waiting list on the preschool program! Our eldest child graduated and was offered VERY generous academic scholarships from private high schools around the area. Others in her class received the same outstanding recognition.

Posted May 24, 2013

I have two children at St. Brendan's and have been part of the community for almost a decade! I have been overall pleased with the academics and the wonderful school community. In any school, there are going to be teacher preferences but have come to acknowledge different approaches to teaching and different teacher personalities help prepare children for the real world. I have I am especially impressed with the way my Middle School child has become an individual that is aware of the people & needs around her, confident with herself, and has become an amazing writer. I definitely credit St. Brendan's for contributing to her overall character.

Posted April 15, 2013

We have had children in this school for close to 13 years. The current principal has driven the school down a very unsuccessful path. The teachers seem afraid for their jobs, the school community is no longer the loving and caring environment we came to years ago. Very large number of families leaving this year. If someone would come in and clean house in the administration the school would have a chance to come back to life. Too many parents are on staff as teachers. Would not recommend.

Posted March 1, 2013

Not worth the tuition. The religious/catholic education is great but the academics are a one way road. If a student feels challenged, they fall behind and if a student is more advanced, then there are no honor type classes. Some of the teachers are good, others not. The playground/field are dumpy. Northshore Schools have more to offer, especially at the Junior High level.

Posted March 1, 2013

Very cliquish in some grades, not much diversity and all about money. If you are looking for Catholic Education, I've heard good things about Holy Family. Northshore Schools offer a lot more then St. Brendan. I also agree that the playground is terrible and some teachers are not interested in parent feedback.

Posted May 31, 2012

Great school, wonderful community. If you want to join a family and not just a school go to St Brendan's. Principal is excellent. Some of the teachers are not the best but others more than make up for it.

Posted May 31, 2012

I agree with the post from earlier today, this school becomes family. It is a wonderful community of caring students and teachers. The principal is NOT wonderful. SHe is self serving and quick to rush to judgement based on her personal relationships/feelings and not necessarily the facts. She puts profit above Catholic values often t the detriment of the school community.

Posted January 15, 2010

St. Brendan is a wonderful community and offers an excellent education for students in grades K-8. The staff is supportive and very available to parents. St. Brendan students continually score higher on WASL tests than students in Northshore School District. This is a wonderful Catholic school with strong emphasis on teaching the Faith.

Posted March 2, 2008

This is great for kids with learning disabilities. The sceince teacher is phenomenal! But if your child is gifted musically or academically, do not go to this school! Some of the classes are cliquish, and there are very few minority families. It has a strong language program, if students apply themselves. It's a very devout school with daily classes on Roman Catholocism.
—Submitted by a student

Asian 17% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Seattle

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10049 NE 195th St