Posted February 06, 2015
My family has been part of Evergreen Academy for 21 years and have had a wonderful experience with both the staff and education that has been taught to my children. I would recommend this school to anyone interested in individualized instruction, specialized classrooms and a warm and loving staff. They take safety to the next level and I have always felt safe with my child there.

Posted February 05, 2015
My child has been hurt multiple times by another child and the principal is making excuses for this behavior. Please take caution before you place your child in this school.

Posted November 12, 2014
As I read through the reviews I am somewhat surprised and felt compelled to add a rebuttal. My Preschooler currently has a long term teacher that is going on almost ten years with Evergreen. When I asked her about the reviews she herself was surprised as a lot of veteran staff is still here at Preschool and Elementary. I am a returning parent and have seen the changes the school has gone through, however coming out of the other side I am so pleased with the decision to stay! Communication has improved 100% and the curriculum has had a major overall. I know that change can be difficult for both parent and child but please be accurate before you post something negative. I toured over at Elementary and they have many long term teachers. Jill Ashmore and Mrs. Ball for starters! Both amazing and I am thrilled to say that my child and family will be a long term parent.

Posted November 07, 2014
This school has change substantially in the last year. My experience is extensive in that both of my children attended pre-school thru 5th grade. As with any school or situation, there will always be different views, but up until 2013 I had no major issues with Evergreen Academy. However I do think it's important that parents understand that not a single teacher that either of my kids have had are still employed with this school - the turnover excessive. During our last year we had 3 teachers and it was extremely disruptive and negatively impacted our child. After 8 years we had never voiced an issue, but we found the new administration disrespectful and showed no accountability to resolving problems with inexperienced teachers and major gaps in communication.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2014
After many years at this school, and exposure to other programs, I can honestly say there are no other educational facilities that are as invested in their students and families as Evergreen Academy. Each child receives one on one attention and learns, not off a curve, but as individuals. The staff is a close knit group off passionate, dedicated, and hardworking professionals who are genuinely striving to prepare this generation to become independent and confident young learners. As a teacher I am so please to work for a school so devoted to the academic, behavioral, social development of its student. The school has improved drastically over the past year both aesthetically, and executively; getting fresh coats of pain, new materials, and implementing some fantastic changes that improved out program greatly! The learning environments are also top notch and optimized for educational experiences. I highly recommend this school to any families looking for a great start to their child's education!

Posted September 29, 2014
I am stunned that there are families out there that are not able to take advantage of such a great and supportive learning environment. My son flourished in this school. There are individual learning plans that are reviewed and updated to tailor the learning experience to you child. I went to another Montessori School in Woodinville and paid thousands more and did not get the quality of education that we did at Evergreen. That said, I have seen things that I have never seen before on this campus, but it is from the parents. Not the staff. Shouting and swearing at staff. Both moms and dads shouting and using profane language. Shameful! One time I couldn't help but overhear the shouting about the staff sending home a sick child. The dad was shouting at the teacher and principal! Where I come from you don't do that. Ever. These teachers spend more time during the week with our kids than we do. Treat them with dignity and respect.

Posted September 25, 2014
I have been a teacher at this school for 5 years. This year is going so well and I could not be happier with the new Principal. She brings so much knowledge about the Montessori method of teacher and is investing in us as a team. This is my permanent home.

Posted September 24, 2014
The best way to describe how management functions at this school would be similar to a politician or the nfl at the present time. I witnessed many families that had their kids removed because parents voiced concerns about these and other issues. Literally removed to where their kids had no childcare or school, and working parents suddenly had to scramble to figure out what to do with the kids. Its completely unacceptable for a school to do that to any child. Even if the child was a behavior issue (which they did not as the kids were all very well behaved) its best to transition the student to a new program as to not traumatize them. These kids missed huge chunks of school including standardized testing. As a consumer I will not give this business my money. If it can happen to others around me it can happen to me too. BEWARE. and by all means don't ever complain. I cannot fathom a situation where this is ever warranted. Be very careful if you decide to place your child here. They will promise you the moon and stars and then will leave your child on the street.
2 people found this helpful

Evergreen Academy Elementary School #1501 3

Posted August 27, 2014
The teachers are wonderful. They are severely underpaid though. My daughter had gone to the school for 3 years and I was very pleased with her progress thus far. I really do enjoy the atmosphere and the teachers.

Posted August 19, 2014
Words cannot express how pleased I am with Evergreen Academy Preschool. To say that the staff are nurturing, loving and attentive to my child is an understatement. After having my daughter in a daycare that was substandard and disorganized, I see how her self-esteem has blossomed over the last year. She is excited to be at school and rarely wants to leave. This Montessori approach is beautiful. Children learn best when they feel loved, supported and can interact and manipulate their environment. They learn naturally and effortlessly. I love that she is greeted warmly each morning and has learned so many interesting things! We have not had the experience expressed below by any means. We love Evergreen Academy and are excited to start our second year here

Evergreen Academy Elementary School #1501
16017 118th Place Northeast, Bothell, WA  98011
Last modified Evergreen Academy Elementary School #1501 is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Evergreen Academy Elementary School #1501 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top