PK-K & Ungraded
Bothell, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 06, 2014
My children are in their 2nd year at Whole Earth Montessori and they couldn't be happier! Everyday they share with me what they did and it makes me so happy that they are comfortable and growing with this school. I have researched many schools and find Whole Earth to be our home away from home. The first time I met with Joe and Dianna I knew this school would be perfect! The teachers are amazing and I love the weekly updates and pictures of the kids learning. I am excited they will continue into their elementary years at such a wonderful school!

Posted August 18, 2014
My son has gone to this school since 1st grade and he is now in his 5th year at the school. It has been a fantastic learning environment for him and I am so impressed by the teachers. They are very supportive and caring and do all they can to support your child in making learning a fun and safe experience. We have neighbors whose son is same age and in public school and our son is ahead in all areas academically (especially math and history). I have also made many great friends with many of the other fantastic parents at the school as it is a great community. They do music, languages and arts. My son also went on many field trips in both the lower and upper elementary classrooms. The small class sizes with 2 teachers is also great for individualized attention and learning. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 26, 2014
This school is the heart and essence of Montessori. My daughter has been part of this amazing community for the last 5 years. Her love of learning, confidence in the world, and her respect of self, others and the environment around her are only a few of the amazing gifts she has received. The teachers are connected, tuned in and always watching out for the best interest of each student. From day one I have felt nothing but gratitude and appreciation for what the school, staff and leadership provide. Academically she is excelling, and their approach of educating the "whole child" has allowed her access to a well rounded education. As head of the Parent Advocacy Group at Whole Earth I do see a need for more parent involvement, but this is improving and myself, along with the staff and leadership of the school. are continuously looking at ways to make this more possible. Overall, I know this is a learning campus that exceeds the qualifications of their American Montessori Society accreditation status.

Whole Earth Montessori 1

Posted January 31, 2014
This school was HORRIBLE. I would never suggest this school to anyone. The teacher was unprofessional, and if your child is at all active this is NOT the place for them. They are forced to do all work a certain way in a quiet environment (no socializing accepted apparently), and if the child does not do it exactly that way then they are labeled as having ADD/ADHD (yes, my child was labeled from a teacher and she JUST turned FOUR). I cannot say enough bad things about this experience. I would not send your child here if you are considering it.

Posted April 30, 2011
Three of our children attended Whole Earth several years ago, starting in 2001. They attended for several years, until they were ready for middle school. The school is a wonderful place, and the fact that the same owner and some of the same teachers are still there after all these years is reassuring, since we are now ready to send our youngest there next year for preschool. I appreciate their caring approach, combined with a deep knowledge of child education and development. I rated parent involvement lower only because we weren't as involved back then, but are looking to become more involved this time around. Truly kind people.

Whole Earth Montessori 2

Posted July 27, 2010
After attending for 3 years, my son was dramatically behind in math and writing skills. The class size was extraordinarily small, so it does not make sense that any child should be trailing behind in any subject. Socially, the school creates an artificial environment which prohibits learning natural social consequences. This school is fine for very young children only.

Posted September 15, 2009
My second child just entered WEM, we've had only positive experiences and are in our fourth year.

Whole Earth Montessori 1

Posted May 24, 2009
There is little emphasis on academics, little to no communication with parents, behavior problems in the classroom are tolerated, and the administration is difficult to deal with (this is putting it mildly). Avoid this school at all costs.

Posted May 01, 2009
The staff members are excellent with true Montessori philosophy. Tuition is very low compared to other schools in the area and the campus has space for play time, gardening and a greenhouse!

Whole Earth Montessori 2

Posted February 07, 2009
The teachers are nice but can't say the same for the management. They promise field trips which never seem to materialize. Parents are requested for contributions beyond the tuition - especially for expanding the facilities.

Whole Earth Montessori