PK-K & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My child has gone to this school for the past 5 years. I have a large amount of respect for the teachers and staff here. They are amazing and my child is excited to go to school everyday!

This school is the heart and essence of Montessori. My daughter has been part of this amazing community for the last 7 years and my son just started in early childhood. For my 4th grader, Her love of learning, confidence in the world, and her respect of self, others and the environment around her are only a few of the amazing gifts she has received. She is still in love with learning and challenging her self daily. For my son, he is loving his class, his teachers and making new friends. He is quickly learning how to be part of a community and his love of learning is growing. He is well cared for and the teachers continuously watch out his well being. The teachers are connected, tuned in and always watching out for the best interest of each student. From day one I have felt nothing but gratitude and appreciation for what the school, staff and leadership provide. Academically she is excelling, and their approach of educating the "whole child" has allowed her access to a well rounded education. The school is also working to build a thriving parent community including a Parent Advocacy Group, out of school meet ups and parents night out. I feel a true sense of community being built and friendships being formed. Overall, I know this is a learning campus that exceeds the qualifications of their American Montessori Society accreditation status.

My son is currently in his 3rd year with Whole Earth. When searching for a preschool for him to attend, 3 years ago, I would walk into traditional preschools and was not impressed and could not imagine placing my son in one of those. The moment I walked into a classroom at Whole Earth I loved how calm it was, the children are encouraged to be independent and the lessons are based on the progress of your child. Our son's teacher has been nothing but amazing for the 3 years we have been there. My kiddo comes home talking about subjects he would not have learned in a crazy preschool environment. The structure is very good for him and even helps with our home activities. The owner and her staff are all very helpful and when I have questions or concerns they are quick to help. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a real and true Montessori school.

We moved from South Florida in the summer of 2014 with great hopes for the Pacific Northwest. We have not been disappointed! Whole Earth Montessori School was a central factor in where we ended up. When we walked onto the campus, among the other four possible schools we considered, we knew immediately WEM was our match. Our twins were diagnosed with dyslexia in March of 2014 thanks to the direction of the lower elementary teacher. I had struggled since the children were four to discover what they each struggled so much from. After testing at Kinderminds and collaboration with WEM, our children are getting the exact, personal education they need to be their most successful. The staff is receptive to collaborating with us and tutors as well as Dr. Elizabeth Smith, our incredible doctor at Kinderminds. I can not put into words the relief and peace knowing my wonderful children are in an educational institution that models and teaches respect for self, community, and environment as well accommodating their educational needs. The WEM families are kind and loving in addition to the staff. As a former public educator, I rate this school five stars! I could go on and on with the small details of the staff and school's dedication to learning, but will encourage you to come in and try us out! You are welcome at WEM.

This is the first time I have written a review of any kind. However, I felt it was important to let others know that WEM is not what they say. I enrolled my four year old in WEM at the start of the school year. I fell for their idealism, and their talk about caring for the whole child. Unfortunately, this is not the case. They only care about the money. If your child, for any reason, does not conform, they choose not to deal with them. They choose to ask them to leave. Once this happens, the administration becomes very hard to deal with. They are unresponsive and difficult. I am happy to say that my child is now in a facility that allows him to be himself. He does not have any of the "behavioral problems" that WEM described. I have learned through this experience that many of the traits we try to stomp out of our children are traits that we revere as adults; stubbornness, self thought, and creativity. If your child exhibits any of these traits, think twice about enrolling them in WEM.

My children are in their 2nd year at Whole Earth Montessori and they couldn't be happier! Everyday they share with me what they did and it makes me so happy that they are comfortable and growing with this school. I have researched many schools and find Whole Earth to be our home away from home. The first time I met with Joe and Dianna I knew this school would be perfect! The teachers are amazing and I love the weekly updates and pictures of the kids learning. I am excited they will continue into their elementary years at such a wonderful school!

My son has gone to this school since 1st grade and he is now in his 5th year at the school. It has been a fantastic learning environment for him and I am so impressed by the teachers. They are very supportive and caring and do all they can to support your child in making learning a fun and safe experience. We have neighbors whose son is same age and in public school and our son is ahead in all areas academically (especially math and history). I have also made many great friends with many of the other fantastic parents at the school as it is a great community. They do music, languages and arts. My son also went on many field trips in both the lower and upper elementary classrooms. The small class sizes with 2 teachers is also great for individualized attention and learning. I would highly recommend this school.

This school was HORRIBLE. I would never suggest this school to anyone. The teacher was unprofessional, and if your child is at all active this is NOT the place for them. They are forced to do all work a certain way in a quiet environment (no socializing accepted apparently), and if the child does not do it exactly that way then they are labeled as having ADD/ADHD (yes, my child was labeled from a teacher and she JUST turned FOUR). I cannot say enough bad things about this experience. I would not send your child here if you are considering it.

Three of our children attended Whole Earth several years ago, starting in 2001. They attended for several years, until they were ready for middle school. The school is a wonderful place, and the fact that the same owner and some of the same teachers are still there after all these years is reassuring, since we are now ready to send our youngest there next year for preschool. I appreciate their caring approach, combined with a deep knowledge of child education and development. I rated parent involvement lower only because we weren't as involved back then, but are looking to become more involved this time around. Truly kind people.

After attending for 3 years, my son was dramatically behind in math and writing skills. The class size was extraordinarily small, so it does not make sense that any child should be trailing behind in any subject. Socially, the school creates an artificial environment which prohibits learning natural social consequences. This school is fine for very young children only.

Last modified Whole Earth Montessori is a Private school