Woodside Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
My child was to attend kindergarten herel this coming fall. Just completing the IEP process alone was enough as parents to choose an alternative option for our child. What an absolute mess this process was. I was treated rather poorly. But I can say from observation the children never looked happy when I was there- but rather in distress on the playground, or alone before class outside with no parental supervision. My child was rushed through one of her assessments, and I was in disbelief that a person with such a position could behave in such a manner. Faculty & administration have difficulty owning their mistakes- they want to find blame somehow in the parent. Parents need reassurance, not to be patronized. How could I let my child attend this school if I, the parent, am treated poorly? I wanted to give this school a chance. It's unfortunate. There were a couple people there who did have it together & I empathized with them having to work around the rest of that chaos. These days, there are other choices we can seek out for our child's education. So step it up people. Or none of your levys are going to ever pass. Why? Because parents who care have taken their children elsewhere.

Posted May 08, 2014
The principal (Bobble Head), vice principal (Barbie) and counselor (Surfer Dude) do NOT care nothing about the well being of your child. They only care about the ratings and how wonderful the school. Instead of helping your child needs, they get rid of the problem not caring the consequences it may cause your child or those around you

Posted April 19, 2014
My child is in Kindergarten at Woodside and I have to say the experience has been a real eye opener for our family! The teacher my child has forgets things all the time, she had lost numerous kids report cards, double booked conferences, let kids out 15 minutes late because of just plain forgetfulness and honestly has no respect or regard for others including her co-workers, this teacher has bad mouthed other teachers including the principal, it's very sad!. There is a real lack of communication and sadly, the Principal has been notified of numerous incidents within the classroom and will not do anything about it. It's really unfortunate because Kindergarten is supposed to be such a great experience and I have to say ours has been pretty awful this far.. We will be attending another school next year. I hope no body else has to go through what we have gone through!

Woodside Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2014
My family is new to Woodside. I am still learning the nuances of the school. However the staff seem engaged and do care about the development of our children. I would like to see more resources made available to this campus especially when compared to the other elementary schools in Everett. Woodside could use a facelift as relates to infrastructure, equipment etc. I am very interested in actively supporting Woodside through its PTA and I have made myself available by providing my contact info to no avail. I think we all have to assume responsibility for success and failure; can't just blame "administration".

Woodside Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2013
My son attended Woodside for his Kindergarten year. The Principal and staff are great. The principal really cares about the students. My guess as to way she has been bad mouthed thru reviews, is because she is stern. She expects her students to do their best and beyond. Woodside needs someone who there for the students. For the most part the teachers care about their students and their learning. There have been some issues or concerns with teachers lashing out at students in front of their peers. Listen with the way schools are going now, we need for our students, parents, teachers, etc. to be more responsible for their part in the child's behavior. If it had not been for a move my son would still be there. Parents must stand up and show out (in a positive way) to let any school know that your child's education is important to you. As a former volunteer/pta mom. Woodside deserves their rating, talk to the school before simply reading the reviews. Make your own decision. By the way I think there are alternative motives as to why others have bad mouthed the principal, and not in a good way!

Woodside Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
Woodside is the worst school my child has ever attended. They allow your children to be bullied. we know several students who are now home schooled because of this, the teachers ridicule students in front of their peers. when my child got beat up and harassed at school, the counselor called my child in and told them that the student who had done that had anger issues and to quit being a victim. my child is no longer at woodside. every child deserves to be in a safe learning enviroment and woodside does not provide that.

Posted April 22, 2013
There are some excellent teachers at this school, but the administration is very poor. The current principal dictates all policy, works poorly with the PTA, blames the children for difficulties in the classroom, lacks empathy for special needs kids and their parents and discourages cooperative efforts to address issues. I pulled my kid out of this school even though he'd had good teachers.

Posted April 08, 2013
Woodside,This Is Your Basic School Nothing Outstanding Or special.There Are A Couple Of Teachers In There That You Will Want To avoid.

Woodside Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2012
My children have attended for 4 years. Most of the teachers are very good. The principal is another matter. Parent conferences are only scheduled from noon to 3, orientation is the same and we are often only given less than 24 hours notice for concerts or information nights ECT. It's reasonable to expect more notice. I'm sure it's incontinent for teachers to have to stay late but can't there be some accomidations for orientation? Whenwe have reached out to Dr. Cobbs she hasn't been easy to get a hold of or even understanding. The interference by the office staff means its virtually impossible to speak with her even via email. Finally, despite having the same address and phone number the entire 4 years, and filling out countless forms they still don't have our correct phone number. The school sends out second set of forms to verify and they are yet make the corrections. If my kids didn't know their number the school couldn't get ahold of us. Dr. Cobbs has yet to respond to multiple emails and calls about this issue.

Woodside Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
all of my grandkids have attended woodside and it is a great school.

Woodside Elementary School
17000 23rd Ave SE, Bothell, WA  98012
Last modified Woodside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top