Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

There are some great teachers at the school. If you have a kindergartner there is only ONE teacher to avoid at all costs. If you get her I think you'll know fairly quickly that you'd be better off homeschooling or sending to private school for that year. I complained to the principal about her (as many others before have too). Unfortunately I believe she would have been fired long ago if it weren't for unions. Hopefully she'll retire soon. The school itself is old. There is some effort to getting a new/remodeled building. But the bigger problem is just overcrowding. It's better this year but with all the new houses/apartments going up in the area hopefully a new building comes sooner than later. Woodside has a higher % of free/reduced lunch than the neighboring schools--perhaps because the school boundaries include all the apartment kids up along Bothell-Everett Hwy. On the plus side it seems Woodside is more ethnically diverse than nearby schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I am not well infotmed enough, when it comes to what is happening with my Child; whether or not that has to do with harassment, homework, responding to Zero of my emails...

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Children are not appropriately punished for being Hateful and physically assaulting other children. I went to the Police Department to get a restraining order against one of the children. Cant build integrity in a Child, if the school has no integrity.

Great School. I have my 5th grader here and have had nothing but great experiences here. Starting from the front desk, cafeteria and to the portables. The way they care about safety in this school makes me feel at ease when I'm at home. Love this school... too bad my son has to move on to middle school.

I have a 3rd grader and two Kinders here. We have had nothing but positive experiences. All of the teachers that we've had have been wonderful and the admin staff are friendly and helpful. My son started here in the middle of 1st grade incredibly behind on reading after moving from Oregon and the teachers have been so great in helping us to get him on track with his grade level.

I have a kindergartner and 2nd grader here. We LOVE both kids' teachers this year. Staff is friendly and helpful. I'm only giving 4 stars because of our terrible experience with my now 2nd grader's kindergarten teacher.

I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at Woodside. We have been very happy with the school and the teachers. Our kids are getting a great education and being challenged in areas that they are good at and get additional help when needed. Overall there are very nice and involved families as well. We are happy at Woodside!

A new K parent this year. So far I am VERY impressed. Dr Cobb is wonderfully involved, front staff super helpful, communication about everything is given in emails, txts, voicemail AND via the Facebook page. The PTA is incredible. Our teacher is a 25 year veteran and is great with the kids! They also provide a LEAP program for K-1 before other Hi-cap offerings start in case your child arrives a little advanced in reading etc.

My daughter attended school year here for two years and then we bought a house in another district and moved. We miss Woodside so much! Dr. Cobbs is awesome. She focuses on education, which is what she should focus on. My daughter's teachers were all good, and the PTA puts on some awesome events. There is a great sense of community and a large amount of parent involvement. As someone with kids on 504's and IEP's, I think you have to fight for any services in any school district. It's the nature of the beast.

My child was to attend kindergarten herel this coming fall. Just completing the IEP process alone was enough as parents to choose an alternative option for our child. What an absolute mess this process was. I was treated rather poorly. But I can say from observation the children never looked happy when I was there- but rather in distress on the playground, or alone before class outside with no parental supervision. My child was rushed through one of her assessments, and I was in disbelief that a person with such a position could behave in such a manner. Faculty & administration have difficulty owning their mistakes- they want to find blame somehow in the parent. Parents need reassurance, not to be patronized. How could I let my child attend this school if I, the parent, am treated poorly? I wanted to give this school a chance. It's unfortunate. There were a couple people there who did have it together & I empathized with them having to work around the rest of that chaos. These days, there are other choices we can seek out for our child's education. So step it up people. Or none of your levys are going to ever pass. Why? Because parents who care have taken their children elsewhere.

Last modified Woodside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.