Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My two kids attend Cedar Wood and they both love it! They both have amazing teachers and they make sure that the succeed! Thanks Cedar Wood.

We moved to a particular area of Bothell so, our daughter could attend Cedar Wood Elementary. I do believe if your child is a typically developing child, then Cedar Wood would be perfect for you. I have been made aware that student's test scores who have IEPs are not factored into the school's average test scores. If they were, the school's overall rating would be significantly less prestigious. I have been battling with Cedar Wood as well as the Everett School District for several months now, to get specialized teacher than my daughter is entitled to, according to federal laws. It's as if the school and school district lacks the resources, funds and integrity to meet ALL the student's needs. Cedar Wood has been non-compliant with our daughter's IEP for 4 months now and the school district directors are still trying to get the services in place. Also, new at Cedar Wood this year is the Achievement Program. This program is intended for children with behavioral challenges. Some of these children have not been properly monitored or supervised and have been violent against staff numerous times as well as being known to cause extensive damage to the school. Again, Cedar Wood nor the Everett School District was prepared or equipped for such a program. There was no insight or planning for such potential problems that resulted in a teacher being reassigned elsewhere. It is all a very sad reality and it is the student's that suffer. There are such amazing general education teachers and specialists, who have such a passion for what they do and it shows. I really had such high hopes for Cedar Wood. There are many student's who are quite advanced from extensive parental involvement who excel at this school. I believe because of the rigorous parental involvement with a majority of the "gifted" student's is why Cedar Wood has such a high rating. If they were to get assessed on how they manage ALL student's, they would be receiving a failing grade. I truly hope things change and improve so that Cedar Wood can someday live up to it's mythological reputation.

My 9 year old daughter attends Cedar Wood. She has been diagnosed with ADHD and Dyslexia. Because of her learning disorders, my daughter was 2 years behind her peers in regards to reading. She entered her 3rd grade year reading at a 1st grade level. After only ONE semester she is now on par with her peers!!! This wouldn't be possible without her hard work, and the amazing staffs kind intervention. This school was such a wonderful gift upon our relocation from Texas.

Not only has the leadership and faculty at Cedarwood created an excellent learning environment for the children attending, they have also strengthened the community by reaching out to it, and leading by example to help provide a stronger and healthier community with lots of parent involvement. Cedarwood is a first class school!

Question- What is the current diversity of this school? Not sure if the diversity chart is up-to-date on this website. Thanks,

I have two students in the school. I am impressed by the leadership of the school which shows through the amazing team of teachers who work together at all levels to give all students a great education! It is a very caring community of educators and parents. I love our school!

It is a good school,definately, but it is ranked no.2 in the state not nation. Still good though.

Both of my children attended Cedar Wood Elementary. This school is currently rated number 2 in the nation. That is quite an honor. I appreciate that they prepared my children to do well in math and science and the test scores for WASL testing were always higher than average as the school prepared the children to understand the concepts that would be needed.

I taught there for seven years and it was avery good experience. Wonderful students, parents, and staff!

As a parent of 2 boys, 10 years apart I can honestly say that both sons have received outstanding experiences at Cedar Wood. Our youngest will be a 3rd grader next year and we know he is in good hands.

Last modified Cedar Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.