Bremerton, WA

Posted January 27, 2013
responding to the last poster about special needs kids, if you look at the percentage, Armin Jahr has the same amount of spec ed students as the national average. I know you're trying to be helpful with your tips but the unfortunate thing is that if you are in the Armin Jahr district there isn't much you can do. No other school is going to take your child, spec ed kids are very discriminated against. Spec ed kids deserve an education just like everyone else.

Armin Jahr Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2012
I have had three children go all the way through this school. i would say that the teachers (for the most part) care and encourage each child. However, there are not too many teachers there who push themselves to excell above and beyond an 8 hour day. I have been involved with the school, they all know me there. There was never a problem with my kids that they didnt work out ( and we had a few). I noticed most of the bad ratings were for special needs kids.....maybe there should be a different rating for those kids, because i agree, this school is maxed out on special needs kids, and may not meet all your needs.

Posted February 18, 2012
Don't let anyone at this school tell you why it is your child's fault that they are being bullied, not learning, or afraid to go to school.

Posted April 19, 2010
All the students are treated as indiviuals, where staff interaction is personalized. The Principal, Mr. Sellers is so personable and approachable. Every student knows who Mr. Sellers is and is not afraid to talk to him and interact. My child looks forward to school like she does going to the park, the kids are walking away with knowledge not just being passed along through the system regardless of abilities. Being a parent of a 26 yr. old, 21 yr. old, and a 6 yr. old this is by far the best elementary school we've experienced.

Posted March 02, 2010
I have 4 children! 1 has gone thru Armin Jahr form K-5! He has some learning disorder that the school has failed to recognize! We have tried to get him tested over and over! We jump through their hoops and get no where! I have 2 more children in that at this present time! My oldest has moved and and we working to get him tested at his new school! Another one of my children I believe needs special help for certain things! I beleive we are going to jump thru the same hoops only to get the same round!!!!!!

Posted September 20, 2009
This school has over exceeded my expectations on educating my children! The teachers love and care about the students and are willing to do almost anything to make sure that they are getting the education that they deserve!

Posted September 17, 2009
It is a nice school nestled in a nice community

Armin Jahr Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
I have been involved with this school for 4 years and am very pleased with having my kids at this school.

Armin Jahr Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2009

Armin Jahr Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2008
Great school, great teachers. I just love being involved in my son's education here. He's making lots of friends and joining some fun after school activities. His teacher is helpful and apparently he's satisfied with her teachings. My only problem is the way the school deals with specific problems concerning each child individually. Also at PTA meetings there are times the school board brushes off some suggested changes into the school curriculum. Overall a great school for your child to be a social and academic achiever.

Armin Jahr Elementary School
800 Dibb St, Bremerton, WA  98310
Last modified Armin Jahr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armin Jahr Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top