Bad
Good

responding to the last poster about special needs kids, if you look at the percentage, Armin Jahr has the same amount of spec ed students as the national average. I know you're trying to be helpful with your tips but the unfortunate thing is that if you are in the Armin Jahr district there isn't much you can do. No other school is going to take your child, spec ed kids are very discriminated against. Spec ed kids deserve an education just like everyone else.

I have had three children go all the way through this school. i would say that the teachers (for the most part) care and encourage each child. However, there are not too many teachers there who push themselves to excell above and beyond an 8 hour day. I have been involved with the school, they all know me there. There was never a problem with my kids that they didnt work out ( and we had a few). I noticed most of the bad ratings were for special needs kids.....maybe there should be a different rating for those kids, because i agree, this school is maxed out on special needs kids, and may not meet all your needs.

Don't let anyone at this school tell you why it is your child's fault that they are being bullied, not learning, or afraid to go to school.

All the students are treated as indiviuals, where staff interaction is personalized. The Principal, Mr. Sellers is so personable and approachable. Every student knows who Mr. Sellers is and is not afraid to talk to him and interact. My child looks forward to school like she does going to the park, the kids are walking away with knowledge not just being passed along through the system regardless of abilities. Being a parent of a 26 yr. old, 21 yr. old, and a 6 yr. old this is by far the best elementary school we've experienced.

I have 4 children! 1 has gone thru Armin Jahr form K-5! He has some learning disorder that the school has failed to recognize! We have tried to get him tested over and over! We jump through their hoops and get no where! I have 2 more children in that at this present time! My oldest has moved and and we working to get him tested at his new school! Another one of my children I believe needs special help for certain things! I beleive we are going to jump thru the same hoops only to get the same round!!!!!!

This school has over exceeded my expectations on educating my children! The teachers love and care about the students and are willing to do almost anything to make sure that they are getting the education that they deserve!

It is a nice school nestled in a nice community

I have been involved with this school for 4 years and am very pleased with having my kids at this school.

Great school, great teachers. I just love being involved in my son's education here. He's making lots of friends and joining some fun after school activities. His teacher is helpful and apparently he's satisfied with her teachings. My only problem is the way the school deals with specific problems concerning each child individually. Also at PTA meetings there are times the school board brushes off some suggested changes into the school curriculum. Overall a great school for your child to be a social and academic achiever.

I am the parent of a specail needs student attending armin jahr elem. We have been trying to work with this school concerning special programs and strategies that my son needs, and was getting in another state before we moved here. This school has a good academic based system, when it comes to special needs however they are unwilling to do any thing that does not fit into their system. We have requested specific therapies and strategies at several i.E.P.'S and got nothing but a run around. When they did go to outside resources and got a strategy, they modified it to fit their way. When it did not work after a couple of days it was discontinued and nothing further was attempted.

Last modified Armin Jahr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.