Bremerton, WA
Students enrolled: 1,264

Posted April 17, 2015
We Love BHS! The school is fantastic and I have nothing but high praise for the teachers, staff, & principle. They do a excellent job of preparing students for reaching their future goals. I appreciate the student-led conferences presentations because it really helps students have an active role in their high school planning. As a military family my child has attended quite a few other schools and BHS is our favorite. My child has made lots of friends and there are so many ways to get involved with clubs & sports. I am glad we choose to send our child here it! Go Knights! From a proud BHS Parent

Posted November 21, 2014
BHS is a hidden gem! I have had nothing but a positive experience at BHS. My child is thriving here both academically and socially, The teachers are caring, and the principle is great, and the staff is wonderful. The communication between school and home is terrific and I appreciate knowing what is going on, "The Daily Bulletin" email is so great!! There are also wonderful opportunities to join clubs and sports. It's a beautiful school and I highly recommend BHS.

Bremerton High School 1

Posted May 27, 2014
BHS fails to provide appropriate supports and education to special education students with 504 plans. ADD/ADHD ,Autism any disability with behavior issues is not supported at this school. In fact my child was abused by staff when meltdowns occured, resulting in her becoming aggressivive towards staff. Staff repeatidly reported to me they did not know what to do. I fought for years to get behavioral support. the school refused. I pulled my child out for weeks at a time due to her being mistreated. From 9th grade to 12th grade my child was not welcome at school. Incident reports were falcified, staff was deceptive about marks on child. Reports not filed, parents not notified. The deceit went from classroom staff, to pricncipals, to district staff. I pulled my child from school sending a letter stating that student will return when proper behavioral support is in place. no response to my letter. no contact from school until they dropped her enrollement after 20 days of absence. They failed to provide an appropriate education and then dropped the student. What an injustice. BHS is the worst school , total lack of compassion and respect for students with disabilities. Appalling!

Posted May 18, 2013
My name is Harley Quiroz and I attended Bremerton High School from 1996-1999 and the teachers there are top of the line , very professional and caring I highly encourage parents to enroll their teens into this school

Posted June 10, 2011
I'm graduating today. I find the BHS staff to be the friendliest and most personally caring of any school I've been to in kitsap county. I am also a running start student; comparing BHS instructors to Olympic College instructors, the math and english instruction from was much more capable in my opinion. The same material could be covered at the highschool, and it was faster to go over, and more comprehensible. The BHS Knights are underdogs and often talked down upon, however the bad reputation does not fit reality. We have some top notch teachers and outstanding staff. (Chem instructors at O.C. are better though)

Posted October 19, 2010
I am currently a sophomore at Bremerton High School, and love the school. Sport and extra activities are wide ranged, and classes are good. We have some amazing teachers, and truthfully, the school doesn't deserve it's previously bad reputation.

Bremerton High School 2

Posted May 22, 2009
Not a good school for struggling teens, teens with ADD; teachers and principals are not very compassionate and understanding of those who have learning disabilities. My son went here for 9th grade and I was not at all impressed with how he was treated. He is at a much better school now. This school is good for those who enjoy getting involved in sports, clubs, activities, cliques and kids who do not struggle with learning and getting good grades.

Posted December 02, 2008
I love this school and its great that they added the 9th graders it took some time to get used tio them but its great! Bremerton rocks!GO KNIGHTS!

Posted September 02, 2008
A great school! Next to Olympic College I was able to take college courses during my senior year. Recently the 9th graders have joined the 10-12th graders at the main campus. I honestly thought it was going to be a drag but they turned out to be so mature and most of them were respectful. Little did I know I would be competeing against the freshmen for the most school spirit. I heard that the staff started preparing the new 9th graders for college just as much as the seniors were. The teachers are so helpful and nice. Throughout my 4 years at BHS I am still wondering why its reputation is still called the 'ghetto.' They have excellent AP courses& extracurricular activities. Band, orchestra, choir, & NJROTC are some of the best programs in the state. The students are so diversed & unique it'll be hard not to make friends!

Bremerton High School 4

Posted August 02, 2007
My son graduated BHS this past June. When my son started attending Bremerton High I became aware of the fantastic career and tech ed program there. From the computer classes to the photography classes, my son has learned so many skills and the teachers are very enthusiastic and really seem to like what they are doing. I think without such enthusiastic teachers, my son wouldn't have been so excited about school. There could be a lot more parental involvement.

Bremerton High School
1500 13th St, Bremerton, WA  98337
Last modified Bremerton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bremerton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top