Bremerton, WA

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 10, 2015
Maestra West is an amazing teacher, that works hard to get all of her students on track.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2015
My son had a long packet to at the end of the week. At times it felt like a lot for kindergarden but the results from it are worth the amount of work.

Posted August 10, 2015
My son attended the kindergarden Spanish Immersion Program with maestra West. I am incredibly happy with the school program and staff, he got an excellent teacher. Learned to speak spanish right away in a very comfortable open environment, started reading, counting and singing songs. Would highly recommend the program and school, it is very diverse and welcoming. My son loved his teacher and school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Acceptance and anti-bullying are modeled behavior. Its a very diverse school , people from many backgrounds

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
No one feels left out at this school. There is a place for everyone and everyone feels welcome

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The team leads by example. Teachers and Admin are same page. They encourage students to be accountable .

Naval Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2014
I had the pleaseure of sending 2 of my children through this school. They both had the same teacher for third grade and she was beyond fabulous! Was not so impressed with the second grade experience, but will write that off since it was the teachers very first year. My only complaint is the "Spanish is the new English" attitude that pervades the grounds. I understand spanish immersion is the "new thing" in the area and championed by the senator, but come ON! There was a run where ALL the front door notices were in spanish and you had to request English translations from the front desk. I finally made a formal complaint and they split the notices and posted in both languages. Just because half the school chooses to participate in the immersion program does not mean the ENTIRE school should be subjected to it. I guess if you want an American school to teach your kids only spanish then this is probably the place for you. If you prefer an American school that is proud to teach English you might want to look else where. P.S. They get a big kick out of hanging the Mexican flag above the American....

Posted June 20, 2012
Fantastic team of Teachers and Admin. Parent involvement is top-notch. Kids love this school. Schools size and class sizes are optimal.

Posted June 15, 2012
We love this school! Our daughter just graduated Kindergarten, she is in the Spanish Immersion Program. She can read, write, sing and count to 100 and more in Spanish and English. I feel very welcome and involved in this school. Her teacher was strict but also warm and fun, which is so important. The only thing I believe needs some improvement is the music program. I can only speak for my daughter, but even though she loves music, she doesn't enjoy the class and feels the teacher is hard on them. I only mention this because I hope it is something that will improve in the future. Everything else is great and we can't wait for our daughter to continue her education here!

Naval Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2011
this place tries to cover alot of academic bases which is unusual for a public school of this size.

900 Olympic Ave, Bremerton, WA  98312
Last modified Naval Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naval Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top