Bremerton, WA

Posted January 03, 2014
I had the pleaseure of sending 2 of my children through this school. They both had the same teacher for third grade and she was beyond fabulous! Was not so impressed with the second grade experience, but will write that off since it was the teachers very first year. My only complaint is the "Spanish is the new English" attitude that pervades the grounds. I understand spanish immersion is the "new thing" in the area and championed by the senator, but come ON! There was a run where ALL the front door notices were in spanish and you had to request English translations from the front desk. I finally made a formal complaint and they split the notices and posted in both languages. Just because half the school chooses to participate in the immersion program does not mean the ENTIRE school should be subjected to it. I guess if you want an American school to teach your kids only spanish then this is probably the place for you. If you prefer an American school that is proud to teach English you might want to look else where. P.S. They get a big kick out of hanging the Mexican flag above the American....

Posted June 20, 2012
Fantastic team of Teachers and Admin. Parent involvement is top-notch. Kids love this school. Schools size and class sizes are optimal.

Posted June 15, 2012
We love this school! Our daughter just graduated Kindergarten, she is in the Spanish Immersion Program. She can read, write, sing and count to 100 and more in Spanish and English. I feel very welcome and involved in this school. Her teacher was strict but also warm and fun, which is so important. The only thing I believe needs some improvement is the music program. I can only speak for my daughter, but even though she loves music, she doesn't enjoy the class and feels the teacher is hard on them. I only mention this because I hope it is something that will improve in the future. Everything else is great and we can't wait for our daughter to continue her education here!

Posted January 05, 2011
this place tries to cover alot of academic bases which is unusual for a public school of this size.

Posted June 03, 2010
Small school and small class sizes makes this a very friendly and safe atmosphere. Everyone seems to know each other! We love the Spanish Immersion program, it is excellent, but beyond that, the library, the PE teacher, the office staff, even the lunchlady are fabulous people that take the time to know the students.

Naval Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Great school with a focus on early literacy and a lot of things I thought we could only get in private school; science emphasis, music, PE several times a week, small classes, extra help, great library, real education and real evaluation of students strengths and needs that go far beyond just WASLs. A gem in downtown Bremerton

Posted March 14, 2009
Involved parents, active PTA and innovative teachers & librarian are bringing art and science into the school. The pricipal is very open to parent involvement and ideas. Experience with a very diverse student body is helping our kids grow into caring, innovative and amazing people! Sign up for Spanish immersion early.

Posted October 08, 2008
This is a smal school focused on community needs. The spanish immersion program is wonderful. This is the up and coming school.

Posted October 08, 2008

Posted June 20, 2008

Naval Avenue Elementary School
900 Olympic Ave, Bremerton, WA  98312
Last modified Naval Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naval Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top