Bremerton, WA

Posted September 21, 2014
I cannot say enough about the quality of education my children are receiving at West Hills STEM Academy. Principal Lisa Heaman leads with care and believes every student can have success. The teachers are passionate about what they are doing. They are innovative and teach with enthusiasm. After struggling at two other elementary schools in Kitsap County, my kids are thriving. There is nothing better than seeing your children excited to get up each morning, picking out their uniform with pride, and talking non-stop at the end of each day about all the exciting things they want to do when they grow up! They are being exposed to engineering and hands-on science, with monthly career excursions that ignite their minds. My son is a 7th grader with world views and enjoys in-depth discussions in History. He is exposed to graphic design and project planning, which has him considering school leadership. My daughter is in a 1st/2nd split Montessori class (available on the same campus) and is proud of her engineering and math abilities. I love that at 6 years old, she already talks of becoming a doctor. They are being taught how to make their dreams achievable.

Posted August 22, 2014
We love this school!! I wish the rating on this site worked differently since there are so few reviews. Even though in the last 6 years, all were very positive except one, the score is low. The program is exceptional. Its very well rounded, but of course has a focus of STEM principles. The work is superior in comparison with their peers from other schools. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 04, 2014
Excellent programs and dedicated teachers. I am sorry Greatschools scoring works the way it does because it doesn't tell the whole story of this amazing school

West Hills Elementary 1

Posted August 19, 2013
My daughter has been at this school since kindergarten. This coming year they have decided to cut the inclusion special education program. I guess they don't want to lower their test scores or something. This is clear discrimination!

Posted October 23, 2012
My daughter has attended West Hills S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Academy for 3 years. She is currently in the 7th grade and we LOVE it! This is the first school in the Bremerton School District and one of a few in the state to be a S.T.E.M. school. The school is currently expanding to be a Pre-K through 8th grade. There is already development to add a wing onto the building. The staff are highly qualified and the principal is top notch. They have great academic curriculum and a fabulous after school robotics club. I chose this school for my daughter because I believe that careers in the S.T.E.M. field is our future, and because I trust the staff and the principal at the school will give my daughter the skills she needs to succeed as an adult. I also know that they will treat her with respect and will take care of her when she is at school. I would, and do, recommend West Hills S.T.E.M. Academy to every parent in the Bremerton School District!

Posted August 30, 2011
This is a great school my son learned a lot and was excited to go back each day. There is a lot of opportunity for the students there! The staff and teachers really care about the students. I would definitely recommend this school!!

Posted September 22, 2009
I love West Hills because we (preschool) are made to feel like part of the big school.We participate at lunch and West Hills students are great examples for the preschoolers to aspire to.

Posted September 19, 2009
We have the best teachers in the district.

Posted September 18, 2009
It's school that is dedicated to the education and well being of their kids!

Posted September 18, 2009
New administration is tops and new direction of Library is great.

West Hills Elementary
520 South National Ave, Bremerton, WA  98312
Last modified West Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hills Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top