Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
Thank you Mr. Wilson, Mrs. Youngker, Mrs. Matattivi, and Denean Slate! You are doing a fantastic job!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 23, 2015
I think that they would benefit from weekend and holiday break homework. But, I put them on abcya.com to keep their minds active.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted November 23, 2015
Boy! The Highly Capable Teacher Mrs. Jennifer Youngker, is really motivating. She doesn't take excuses from the children and my son is very responsible at home to reading 20 minutes, having me sign his reading log, etc... He wants to stay on task, on target and keep up with his classmates and the classroom expectations.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 23, 2015
Soaring Eagle Program, leadership examples, Teachers input in the classrooms....I'm a school volunteer so I see it in action!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 23, 2015
Based on the leadership examples and teacher interactions that I have seen, I would strongly agree that the school is developing compassion, caring and empathy for its students and families.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 23, 2015
I like the way the school recognizes the children to identify high character traits. They get to be a Soaring Eagle if caught in action.

Kitsap Lake Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2015
My children love their school! They have adapted well because of the staff! We just moved to WA this fall 2015, and started school late. My twins fit right in. We were a transfer and the Bremerton School District, Principal, Teachers and Receptionists ALL COLLECTIVELY made my twins transition VERY smooth! My daughter is thriving in the Montessori Program on campus. My son, was tested and was placed in the 2/3 Highly Capable Program. They both love their teachers and school! We love Mr. Wilson, the Principal and how welcoming he is to all the students. He remembers their names and is really cool. Denean Slate, in the front office has really been super sweet and helpful to work with...she is always so calm. The little white therapy dog, that sits at the front desk is a nice feature too. We don't have any problem children in the classrooms. The computer lab is new and huge, and the library is VERY spacious. Even the Librarian are super helpful! We also are enjoying Family Nights, and The Book Fair was amazing! My seven year old completed his first organized book report. He completed a rough draft by sections, and then typed each section on the computer, adding clip art, and coloring a book cover. Then, organizing it all into a binder, in plastic sheets. Other children did creative cardboard displays. Plenty of opportunities to grow and to make learning fun! It's nice the kids can take a bus to the Boys and Girls Club if I need them to, and can walk to the Good News Class on campus on Wednesday's after early out.

Kitsap Lake Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
We did not have a good experiences while going there. I don't understand what people are saying when they say it's so great. It's not. The Kindergarden teacher pretty much rail roaded my daughter, yelling at her on her first day of school in front of other parents. Totally inappropriate. Not off to a great start. 1st grade was better. 2nd grade, the teacher was ok, but the class sizes are so big, she kind of got lost in the crowd. Also also the front office lady, gives a children a hard time for being late when it's not a childs fault. Why don't you talk to the parent instead of lecturing the child? Picking up your child is a nightmare. The principal stands out in the parking lot trying to wave cars through when there's no where for you to go. It doesn't help anything by doing that, just adding pressure to parents trying to pick up their kids. Honestly, it will work itself out. They don't let you park off to the side, out of the way. They want you to circle around like an airport. The school she goes to now, is a much better fit. She loves going to school now, her grades are awesome and is more out going. Leaving Kitsap Lake was the best decision we ever made.

Posted November 20, 2009
My son left this school after two years. The teachers and staff were snobby. The learning environment is not very accomodating. It is not as great as everyone says that it is, but because of their test score reputation, and the nice new building, people think that it must be great. It irritates me when people say how wonderful it is because it's really not. If your child doesn't fit in with their 'perfect' expectations, then don't bring your child there. In my opinion this school is by far not the best!

Posted September 17, 2009
Our school has wonderful, dedicated staff and you can see that reflected in our children. They are happy to be here and ready and willing to learn. Glad to be a part of a great school like this!

1111 Carr Blvd, Bremerton, WA  98312
Last modified Kitsap Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.