Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Soaring Eagles program really gives the kids a goal to strive for. Shows them that being good and responsible is rewarded. And instilling that when they are young makes for hard working, responsible, accepting/friendly adults.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Every teacher is different. Some teachers give more than others, Some give weekend/holiday work. Our current year's teachers do not do weekend homework. I prefer that. They go to school for HOURS. and then come home and do homework. Just like us working parents. the weekend is a welcome break.

My boys have been attending Kitsap Lake Elementary for a few years now. They have gone to a few of the surrounding schools and we finally found a home with KLE. This will be our last year at the school as we are moving. (though it would have been my older boy's last year anyway as he is moving up to middle school) KLE is AMAZING. We have always lived out of boundary and found it worth the extra planning to get them to KLE everyday. The teachers and staff are so helpful and friendly, and remember take the time to get to know the students. Teachers challenge the students when they are ready, and slowing down a bit when they need to review a few or more times. We will miss KLE greatly! Couldn't have asked for a better primary school!

My son transferred to KLE in the 1st grade after a very difficult kindergarten year at Jackson Park Elementary. They were very patient and willing to work with him, and he excelled. We did have a rough year at the end of third grade, however, the incoming principal at the time, Mr. Wilson, gave him and us the support we needed for him to succeed. Needless to say, he ended his tenure at KLE in the Highly Capable program, and is now attending Ridgetop Middle School, where Mr. Wilson transferred as principal. My daughter will now be attending KLE and I am looking forward to another great run!!

Both of our children graduated from KLE. KLE has been great for all of our children's years at KLE. Great principals, dedicated staff, teachers, and volunteers. I as a parent always enjoyed volunteering at the school. Our second child just graduated yesterday. Teachers he had through 1st-5th grades were all great teachers. In final year at KLE, he was accepted in Highly Capable class and excelled so much because it was where he belonged. We appreciate so much for teachers & staff always looking out for him including Mr. Willson (principal), Ms. Piper, Ms. Burns, Ms. Whybark, Ms. Sharf, Terri and Danean!! There're so much more I'd like to say great things about KLE!!! Go Eagles!!

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think that they would benefit from weekend and holiday break homework. But, I put them on abcya.com to keep their minds active.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I like the way the school recognizes the children to identify high character traits. They get to be a Soaring Eagle if caught in action.

My children love their school! They have adapted well because of the staff! We just moved to WA this fall 2015, and started school late. My twins fit right in. We were a transfer and the Bremerton School District, Principal, Teachers and Receptionists ALL COLLECTIVELY made my twins transition VERY smooth! My daughter is thriving in the Montessori Program on campus. My son, was tested and was placed in the 2/3 Highly Capable Program. They both love their teachers and school! We love Mr. Wilson, the Principal and how welcoming he is to all the students. He remembers their names and is really cool. Denean Slate, in the front office has really been super sweet and helpful to work with...she is always so calm. The little white therapy dog, that sits at the front desk is a nice feature too. We don't have any problem children in the classrooms. The computer lab is new and huge, and the library is VERY spacious. Even the Librarian are super helpful! We also are enjoying Family Nights, and The Book Fair was amazing! My seven year old completed his first organized book report. He completed a rough draft by sections, and then typed each section on the computer, adding clip art, and coloring a book cover. Then, organizing it all into a binder, in plastic sheets. Other children did creative cardboard displays. Plenty of opportunities to grow and to make learning fun! It's nice the kids can take a bus to the Boys and Girls Club if I need them to, and can walk to the Good News Class on campus on Wednesday's after early out.

We did not have a good experiences while going there. I don't understand what people are saying when they say it's so great. It's not. The Kindergarden teacher pretty much rail roaded my daughter, yelling at her on her first day of school in front of other parents. Totally inappropriate. Not off to a great start. 1st grade was better. 2nd grade, the teacher was ok, but the class sizes are so big, she kind of got lost in the crowd. Also also the front office lady, gives a children a hard time for being late when it's not a childs fault. Why don't you talk to the parent instead of lecturing the child? Picking up your child is a nightmare. The principal stands out in the parking lot trying to wave cars through when there's no where for you to go. It doesn't help anything by doing that, just adding pressure to parents trying to pick up their kids. Honestly, it will work itself out. They don't let you park off to the side, out of the way. They want you to circle around like an airport. The school she goes to now, is a much better fit. She loves going to school now, her grades are awesome and is more out going. Leaving Kitsap Lake was the best decision we ever made.

My son left this school after two years. The teachers and staff were snobby. The learning environment is not very accomodating. It is not as great as everyone says that it is, but because of their test score reputation, and the nice new building, people think that it must be great. It irritates me when people say how wonderful it is because it's really not. If your child doesn't fit in with their 'perfect' expectations, then don't bring your child there. In my opinion this school is by far not the best!

Last modified Kitsap Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.