Bad
Good

Posted June 13, 2013
I taught art .. Industrial arts in LA for ten years... I am so glad that I landed at Rennaisance Highw school.. The stu dents are great.. Just needing a chance to feel accepted and get some confidence.. I LOV E TEACHING at Renaissance High... Hope I am there until I am a rel old gal!... The students that land there are sur ivory and we help them become champions!

Posted February 09, 2012
The teachers are the key. They are like family and treat you with respect and motivate everyone to succeed. No strict dress codes just common respect, dont go naked and dont blast your music. class work is done at your own pace, there is a 10 minute break between classes which stops students from skipping class to smoke cigarettes (this is a common skip hazard at BHS) This is the best school in Washington State. Without the dragon support I would not have graduated on time.

Posted November 10, 2010
It felt like a BIG family there. There were no stereotyped "clicks"/"pods"/"groups". Everybody knew just about everybody, and got along. We were on a first name basis with the teachers. The teachers were very patient, thorough, and listened to us. Every day was a great day for me. I came out of my shell while going to this school. They helped me discover who I wanted to be(now, as an adult). I was TERRIBLY sad to graduate, haha.. No joke! If I could, I would LOVE to work there, and always be a part of that school. I can't explain to you, enough - of what I felt/feel for this school. I heard so many rumors about how only the "bad kids" went to this school. NOT TRUE! I, for one, am a perfect example! A lot of the kids that went there, were never in trouble with anything.... I HIGHLY recomend sending your children to this school. It's an experience that's unforgettable! ;o)

Posted May 21, 2009
I am glad that my son goes to this school instead of Bremerton High. He went to BHS for 9th grade and he did very poorly due to mean teachers and principals, cliques, strict dress codes and way too many rules. At Renaissance Alternative High School, he is free to be himself, wear what he wants (his Hatchetman clothes, hat and jewelry), and be more accountable for himself as far as getting to school on his own, calling himself in absent when he's sick, calling in if he is running late, etc. It is my observation that all of this in turn makes him a better student. I wish I had this opportunity when I was in High School because I would have turned out to be more successful than I am now. I'm happy that my son goes to this wonderful school!

Renaissance Alternative High School
3400 1st St, Bremerton, WA  98312
Last modified Renaissance Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12