Bremerton, WA

Crosspoint Academy 1

Posted October 16, 2014
They kicked out a student because she came out as gay. This is an intolerant, hateful school. Send your kids somewhere else.

Posted September 23, 2013
Our son is in his second year at Crosspoint. It is a great fit for him. He excels academically and the teachers are great. You couldn't ask for a better learning environment.

Posted May 04, 2013
The changes made this year have been phenomenal. The school was sold to a local church. (A great move) The old administrator was brought back. (Also a great move) Everyone seems to be excited about what is happening. For me, I am just glad to see that my student has a great place for a great Christian education. I love the fact that so many people are returning. This is really making it a great place to be!

Posted November 17, 2012
LOOKING FOR MY GRANDAUGHTER NAME IS CHANEL DELAHAY DO YOU KNOW HER BRITHER WENT TO KINGS WEST CALVIN DELAHAY

Posted May 27, 2011
And to all who posted that homework is excessive, I disagree. From a student, yes we have homework in many classes, but it is a reasonable amount. Those who do not prioritize are the ones who struggle and, in turn, this school is training us to prioritize our time wisely. There are days that I feel overwhelmed, but it is nothing I can't handle. And in the end, there is nothing more fulfilling than ending a long week, discovering that you aced that test that you were dreading.

Posted May 21, 2011
Regardless of what you may read, this school is on the right track! The staff is improving, the academics are improving, and yes, disipline is enforced. I love the smaller classes, more on on one time, and knowing the students my child is in class with. The change of administation has the school moving forward, with great energy! Tuiton is worth it, financial aid is available, Christ is the center. We love the school and plan on staying there for years to come.

Posted May 16, 2011
Two of my children attend this school. They are challenged and read above grade level. This school nurtures my children as I would do at home. The classroom sizes are small and each child gets one on one attention. The teachers truly care about each and every child. They are not only prepared for academic achievements in life, they are also prepared with christian hearts to meet the challenges life gives us.

Crosspoint Academy 2

Posted April 08, 2011
If this school was public, I would rate it higher, but since sending 3 of our children to this school and paying the high cost of tuition, I have to rate the school as a whole Below Average. I believe they are now (2011) trying to get to an Above Average education, and they definitely succeed in the Christian environment they provide, but academically they fall short in the mandatory curriculum such as high-level math, A/P, and Science. English is just Average. As another parent said, elective choices are lacking. Problems in the past 2-3 years with leadership in the school are a struggle to overcome, as enrollment dropped drastically because of it. Coupled with today's economy - their tuition is high and the return is low. Academic scholarships should be flowing, and that's just not the case with the graduating classes. I hope to see improvement in the next 2 years with the school's new leadership.

Crosspoint Academy 1

Posted January 05, 2011
We have at least one student at this school for many years. In short, if you are looking for a school with teachers who love Christ, then you have found a great school for your kids. Christ is in the hearts of the teachers and in every classroom and much of the curriculum. If you are looking for a college prep school, keep looking. The school has neither the staff nor the commitment to provide quality college prep instruction. In particular, Math and the few AP classes available are poorly taught as witnessed by the placement and struggles of recent graduates. Math instruction ends with Calculus. As taught, calculus at the school does not prepare most students for pre-calculus at the college level. A recent marketing campaign to suggest the school is somehow preparing the next generation of Christian leaders is unfounded and there are very few leaders within the school and within CRISTA ministries itself to provide such lofty instruction and example. This is, in our experience, a highly priced school that delivers a sub-standard education in a warm hearted, Christian environment.

Crosspoint Academy 2

Posted October 10, 2010
Our expectations are high because we are paying tuition, and a high tuition compared to other private K-12 schools across the US. The children get a Christian environment to learn in and the teachers love the Lord and our kids, so that's awesome, but academically they let us down. There aren't as many electives in High School as other schools, their math program is 1 year behind many public high schools (but you can jump ahead based on ability), the majority of A/P students do not pass the final exam to earn the college credit. Homework is excessive. They do a good job, but not an over-the-top job, of teaching, which is what we expect for our tuition.

Crosspoint Academy