No rating

Peace Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 196 students

Our school is best known for providing outstanding Christian Education.

Living in Bremerton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $172,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted February 9, 2014

If you want a loving environment of accountability for your children, consider Peace Lutheran School. It is a nurturing, Christ-centered school that develops great citizens in our community and beyond...

Posted February 6, 2014

As a small, private school, Peace Lutheran doesn't fall under the state requirements for providing additional assistance to kids who may need it. The classrooms are small, and while the teachers are excellent, the funds just aren't there to provide them with the additional training/education needed to assist students who have learning or attention issues. There is a part-time teacher who provides assistance to students who need assistance in reading, but that is all. If your child needs more assistance in more areas, look at other schools.

Posted December 4, 2012

I transferred my child here last year after Sylvan Way shut down. I absolutely love this school, the teachers are caring and have great communication with parents. The office staff goes above and beyond, I love them! They have alot of gatherings such as Family Art Night, Auction and family Fellowship Nights. This school offers a safe and caring environment. The academics are A++!

Posted May 12, 2012

We have had our son at Peace Lutheran for 4 years now. We have had a great experience (ei: learning, supporting, nurturing, and trusting). The teachers and staff care very much about the kids and communicate with parents. We are confident that our son is getting a very high level education, strong principals, Christian based teachings.

Posted October 30, 2010

It's like having an extended family and their primary concern is for your child's best interests. The education is the highest available in Kitsap County.l

Posted October 12, 2010

I love Peace because it is not just a school, it is an extended family.

Posted October 12, 2010

This school is amazing in every aspect! The staff is wonderful and they know all of the children, the teachers go above and beyond. I am so glad that I do not have to worry about my children while they are at school. The student to teacher ratio is perfect. We couldn't be happier!

Posted May 21, 2010

Peace Lutheran is a wonderful school that has very good academics program and extracurricula activities for all ages. My children have really benefitted from being there in all aspects, including getting a good religious foundation and have made some very good friends.

Posted May 19, 2010

It is a blessing and an honor to come to work each day at Peace! I can think of no better environment to work in, and I am so very thankful for this position!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 19, 2010

Love this school. Very supportive staff and educational program.

Posted May 19, 2010

This is a great school! Great activities, curriculum, and discipline! Its like a family environment. Teachers are the best!

Posted May 18, 2010

The school has well-trained teachers, many with masters degrees, wonderful extra and co-curricular programs, a family-friendly environment, and a lot of love to go around!

Posted May 18, 2010

Class size, parent involvement, superb teachers, broad curriculum...we love Peace Lutheran!

Posted May 18, 2010

They know how to educate and care for children. What a very supportive staff. Have you tried their concessions at ball games?

Posted October 18, 2009

If you're looking for a school with a welcoming and family friendly atmosphere -- look no further. I am not particularly religious, but had such an awful experience with the local public school that I was searching for something different. This is our second year attending Peace. I have two children, 2nd grade and P3, and all of their teachers have been fantastic. They came to our home for a visit before school started to meet our family and give us information about the upcoming year. The teachers have welcomed me into the classroom -- encouraging me to observe, volunteer, and attend field trips. The administration is very approachable and involved in the school on a daily basis. The secretary and principle know the children and their family members by name. This school is really great about celebrating the uniqueness of each child and individualizing the education to match their strengths.

Posted September 15, 2009

Love this school! My daughter has attended since Kindergarten. Just this year we started our son there in Pre-K. Very loving teachers and staff. Very family oriented. Small classroom sizes with teachers that really care for the children. No where else I would send my 2 children.

Posted August 25, 2008

My daughter has attended Peace since 1st grade and we absolutely love it. I recommend the school to all parents that we know, as the small class size, individualized attention and extra activities that the school offers are phenomenally helpful for any childs education.

Posted December 2, 2007

My daughter attended Peace Lutheran for three years before we moved out of the area. All of the teachers and staff are woderful. When we first started attending they had the only full day kindergarten in the area. They recognized that my daughter could read at an advanced level and made sure she was kept challenged. We have recommended Peace to several families who have had concerns with the local public schools.

Posted June 14, 2007

Both my children have attended this school for about 3 years now. We love it! Great teachers that care! Love the office staff everyone is so friendly and they know you by name. I always have gotten quick responses to my emails and return phone calls from the teachers. The staff cares about your child's learning and really wants to be there to educate but make it fun for the child. I also love that my children have learned about God and the bible. They are so proud when their class raises money for a less fortunate family. Almost all the parents participate which you don't find in many schools. I can't believe how much my children have learned in reading, spelling, math, science, history...great program.

Posted August 26, 2006

I was a student at Peace from Kindergarten through 8th grade. This is a great school to send your children to. The teachers really care about each individual student and they want their students to succeed in every aspect of their lives. Without a doubt, the years I attended Peace were some of the best years of my life. I often go back to Peace to volunteer at tournaments and the annual auction. The teachers do a great job of preparing the students for high school and beyond. Being in a small school setting let me express myself in a way that public schools can't, simply because of their size. I give this school my highest compliments for making me a better person, and bringing me closer to Christ.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 7%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
Clubs

School start time
  • 8:10 am
School end time
  • 3:05 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Doug Eisele
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • NAEYC

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Standards-based

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Bremerton School District

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor