Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Pinecrest Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2016
this school used to be good. there are still some very good staff members whom care about the kids, but with the change in regime/management the morale and fun has been removed and it is very apparent that a dictator rules the school in the kids eyes. I know staff whom are ready to leave or have left, parents whom no longer volunteer and cant wait until their kids are old enough to move on too MS and kids whom say they don't like it any more. It's school, so it is not supposed to be fun and games, but children's needs and rights are not being put first.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 16, 2016
They lack the basic skills of communication which leads not being able to foster a positive school to home environment.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 16, 2016
Every morning I am there I hear the principal talk about how he has to break up a fight or an argument. This never happened this often with the old principal because she led with compassion and she showed them she cared and they felt appreciated so they showed others the same respect they received.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted March 16, 2016
it is hard to teach these things when you do not show them. Kids learn by example.

Posted December 14, 2015
I'd like to second the thumbs up to ms. Huffman. My child is unique and has some adhd features as well as some health problems due to being born a premmie. Ms Huffman has always treated him with kindnes even though at times he can be exhausting. :) She is a top notch teacher and I'm glad she's at Pinecrest.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
Mrs. Huffman is a terrific, caring teacher. She has been wonderful in helping our child adjust to kindergarten. She is very kind and understanding and has helped us find ways to help our child learn to play well with others and to follow instructions. When I pick up our child each day from school I see many kids hugging her goodbye for the day. She is a very positive influence on the kids! Our child says when he grows up he wants to be a teacher at Pinecrest! He says this because of his experience with Mrs. Huffman.

Pinecrest Elementary School 4

Posted November 24, 2015
Our child is recently diagnosed with ADHD. We had a tough start at the school, fortunately his teacher is personally familiar with ADHD children. The principal should be more familiar with ADHD and speak to the children with a bit more respect. Other than that our experience so far has been very positive.

Pinecrest Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2014
This school is the most horrific place I have had to place my child. It is so bad that we are trying to relocate just to get away from the school. Some of the staff has been replaced but what they were replaced with has been absolutely little improvement. When you walk in the front door you immediately feel unwelcome. They care very little about actually helping the students improve. If you have a student with special needs this is definitely not a place you want them. Quite frankly almost no school in this district is properly educated for special needs children.

Posted July 19, 2014
The teachers are great here!!! My son has done very well here! I am very happy with Pinecrest school.

Posted May 23, 2014
I love the staff, the teachers have always been caring and very good with all children. I was shocked about the rating that the school have (4 out of 10) definitely I will give the school a better score. My children have always been very happy to go and learn in this school.

5530 Pine Rd NE, Bremerton, WA  98311
Last modified Pinecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.