Bremerton, WA

Alliance Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2005

Alliance Academy 5

Posted July 07, 2004
Alliance Academy is an outstanding way for children to learn in a home environment and be checked by a licensed teacher. My two granddaughters were home-schooled....one for one year and the other for two years at Alliance Academy. One granddaughter was so advanced in her math at Alliance that she skipped 8th grade in the public school system. My other granddaughter enjoyed home-schooling and the teacher, Mrs. Hockett, so much that she will dearly miss both this coming year. Mrs. Hockett is a teacher that cares and does an outstanding job in letting the children know that education is very important! She encourages all students to do their work at home. This is considered home-schooling. The work and education is supposed to come from home. The parents or grandparents are responsible for the child's education. Mrs. Hockett is not the teacher. Any criticism that comes her way is uncalled for.

Alliance Academy 5

Posted July 07, 2004
- a former student
I was a student at Alliance Academy for two years. I worked hard and spent hundreds of hours doing school work and projects at home. I followed Bremerton School District's school books. I reported to Alliance Academy once a week and had Mrs. Hockett for my mentor. I didn't consider her my teacher as that was my Grandma's job. Mrs. Hockett always gave good instruction and encouraged me to work hard at home and always do my best. I am now in the 9th grade and will no longer see Mrs. Hockett but she will always be with me. Home-schooling is what you make it. You can either work hard and grow or sit back and do nothing. I chose to work hard and Mrs. Hockett was always very proud of me. She is the best and I wish her success in all her future endeavors.

Alliance Academy 3

Posted September 24, 2003
We used Alliance Academy as a resource for one year of home schooling two first and second grade students. Principal leadership was non-existent, the teacher, and the curriculem, were unorganized, and teacher quality questionable. Specifically, the workbooks, and other aids, were out of date, not in sync with information they needed to know for their return to standard classrooms the next year, and did not help prepare for the WASL. There is a district policy to not have dicipline problems or troubled children in the program, and I felt that this rule was not followed as well as it could have been. The teacher was constantly rushed, frustrated, and disorganized. She received no help from the principle or the district. They have a long way to go before this program is a sucessful resource for parents.

Alliance Academy