Bad
Good

St. Francis is a fantastic school. I was a stay at home Mom for 5 years and volunteered at our blue ribbon local elementary school. As a parent volunteer, I felt that there was a lot of wasted time during the school day. I decided to put both of my children in private schools after my experience. One of my kids went to a prestigious very expensive private school. He received an awesome education. My daughter attends St. Francis. Tuition is much cheaper at St. Francis but academically, I believe the education is almost equal to the education that my son received, minus the frills, extra bonding class trips, etc. If SFA was a K-12 school, my daughter would be staying at SFA for high school. Unfortunately, SFA is only a K -8 school. As for parent involvement, there is plenty of opportunity. Or if you choose, you can donate funds instead of volunteering your time. I am a full time working mother now therefore I do not volunteer my time BUT there is plenty of stay at home Moms that volunteer. There is lots of parent involvement in this great school. Teachers may be a bit on the strict side but they truly care about your child.

St. Francis is wonderful. The teachers are fantastic and they challenge students academically. Students are encouraged to become involved in athletics, music and drama. Students are also expected to become involved in community service and it gives them a good perspective on the world. There is open communication with parents and the principal does an excellent job handling daily responsibilities while building a strong foundation for the future of the school. There is a strong sense of community and you cannot help but want to become involved as a parent. The first year is the hardest for parents because you are learning the ropes, but it pays off in later years. Be prepared to check in on school happenings on a daily basis or you might miss something. There is also an excellent extended day program (EDP) for working parents. EDP offers a Homework Club for the first part of the extended day program. This is great for working parents because homework is done when you pick up your child and you are free to have family time the rest of the evening. The EDP staff is also wonderful. I highly recommend St. Francis to prospective parents.

This is a great school with great teachers and principal. Lots of volunteer work for parents. It is great for the kids however it is somewhat overwhelming for me as a parent. (30 HR maditory volunteer time per calender year.) Lots of activities for families to be a part of the St. Francis sociality. Open communication between parents and teachers and the principal. Overall we are very happy for our kid but overwhelmed by the work I need to put in as a parent.

Last modified St. Francis of Assisi is a Private school that serves grades K-8