Highline High School 4

Posted November 02, 2014
This school is 73% out of 100% the reason i say this is one the teachers are all great but sometimes they dont know what we dont understand, thats why i had to learn to be more outgoing which also helped me create new friendships. The school is like divide into 3 parts in grades the first is the student who have an average is A and B grade. The second is the B and C. Then last is the D and F grades. The student who try real hard, the students who try hard but not much. Then the ones who dont really care, every school has them, the teachers do try but the students dont listen, so they dont know what to do about, but they try their hardest to make the class more interesting and fun. .But the one thing that is good about highline is that their are lots of people from alll over the world and i mean the world, it is very diverse, so we are really like one big family also the fact that we are very spirited literally. Then we have alot of programs and activities that give students a chance to understand what subject they like/love the best. Then their aretheorograms for extra learning for example running start. That is why i how an a sopmhore

Highline High School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
This school and its staff need some serious improvement. As a parent of a student, I am very disappointed in the teachers as well as the office staff. Teachers do pick favorites and if your student is not one of them, then they are pretty much left behind and set up for failure. Instead of the teachers being about and for all of their students to succeed, they would rather pick a small handfull to give every opportunity to. Making it very difficult for students to feel their worth and come anywhere near their full potential. Borderline bullies, with authority is a good description of a few teachers. Office staff is very un-organized, and they are not in the least bit consistent. This school has gone down hill in the last few years. What once was a great school, is now a sad excuse for a place your kids go to waste 6+ hours of their day, five days a week. They definately need a complete overhaul on the building and 90% of the staff. I am very dissappointed in how my child was treated while attending, and the education she was "supposed" to receive along with the guidance, encouragement, and life readyness she was also supposed to receive.

Highline High School 3

Posted March 13, 2012
I am a student at this school but perhaps it's a little difficult for me to write a proper review without having seen other high schools. I feel that many of the reviews on here are accurate, both the negative and positive ones. For instance: "[...]As a teacher myself, I am stunned by the lack of guidance by the school district." I feel that this is accurate to some degree. The administrative decisions that happen at highline are sometimes poorly planned or improperly implemented. The bell schedule is inconsistent. The administration is involved in academics, but loosely. They don't have the resources to manage each and every student's progress. They end up having to give overreaching advice and non-specific encouragement at assemblies and extra curricular gatherings. It is often difficult to find someone with spare time discuss things. Academics are rigorous should you chose to apply yourself, and relaxed otherwise. This year AP classes have been promoted quite a bit, and running start is always an option.

Highline High School 2

Posted March 11, 2010
Highline is an okay school. It's not a fantastic school, but it's not terrible either. Don't believe all the reviews on here, there is Bullying. I am a freshman at Highline, and I've already witnessed 4 fistfights. I've been asked if I wanted weed twice, and the windows in all of my classes are broken, scratched up, and have bullet holes in them. The teachers are okay, they're not great. And supplies is bad, everyone has to share books.

Highline High School 1

Posted December 17, 2009
My experience as a former student at this school is extremely negative. I've noticed little teacher involvement with their students academics, lack of organization amongst staff that resulted in unfair disadvantage's to students. and almost excessive student against student criticism. While Highline is an old institution and has proved it's worth in the past, it is time for a serious overhaul. New policies and higher expectations of teachers is necessary.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted June 11, 2009
Highline is the best school in our whole district! Maybe our test scores our low, but that's because people tend to skip school to hang out with friends instead. But our school spirit is amazing, nobody can deny that Highline students are truly proud and will go all out for your high school, even if we don't have the best athletic record. And there is no bullying; you never hear of any fights or arguments, because everyone is truly accepting of one another; we are one big happy family, and that's great! Personally, I think I made the right choice by going to Highline this year, and I'm proud to say that, yes, I DO bleed purple and gold :) Go Pirates!

Posted January 30, 2009

Posted April 10, 2008
well..I LOVE hhs. its the best high school ever. the campus is great and very well organized. the teachers are fantastic-theyre always there for you wether its school related or not. the students are wonderful-nobody 'bullies' anybody or anything. its like one big happy family =]

Posted March 30, 2008

Highline High School
225 South 152nd St, Burien, WA  98148
Last modified Highline High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highline High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top