Burien, WA

Posted April 17, 2014
Excellent school. I was very impressed with the teachers attention along with the principle for calling me when my son needed to do his class or home work. Had it not been for Sylvester, our son would not have made it out of Middle School and into High School. Great co operation on everyones part. Thank you Sylvester.

Sylvester Middle School 2

Posted July 26, 2013
This school is great, if your an honors kid... I went to this school and personally my experience was so-so. Language arts (great) amazing teachers History (basic) teachers are mediocre Science (basic) teachers are mediocre Math (terrible!) teacher was great, but he seemed like he had no teaching experience what so ever! I had asked to move to a higher math class but there was only one algebra 1 class ! How ridicules. Health(basic) Teachers are on also basic Physical education (basic) good teaching,and basic. Electives (great) the teachers are nice if your good, these classes almost seem like the most informative. Overall this school isn't great , it honestly sucks. As a student I'm glad I'm out of that school. They don't even have avid..

Posted August 27, 2011
its a nice comfortable environment the staff works hard to give the stu8dents the best education in the world and they have a nice caring strong relationship with the students

Sylvester Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2010
The teachers are caring and smart. The principal is very political and detracts from the learning and good work of the teachers. I would like to see more parent involvement - again that falls on the administration.

Posted July 08, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009
It's the greatest school in the world, nothing is better! Thank you Sylvester. It even improved my grades alot!!

Sylvester Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2009

Sylvester Middle School 0

Posted December 16, 2008
I teach math at SMS, and I love it. The staff works very well together to ensure that every student has a chance at being successful. The District offers many opportunities to improve teaching practices, keep current on research, and to increase content knowledge. I was also a student at Sylvester; I teach there now, that might speak for itself.

Sylvester Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2008

Sylvester Middle School 3

Posted August 25, 2008
i went there and it wasn't really that great. some of the teachers were really rude and couldn't control the class. i went to cascade middle school and it not true that it is bad and i wen t there and now i'm going to wetern university.

Sylvester Middle School
16222 Sylvester Rd SW, Burien, WA  98166
Last modified Sylvester Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sylvester Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top