Bad
Good

Utsalady Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
What a horrible school! They tell the kids they need to ride the bus on the day they count for funding purposes and try to force kids into assistance programs when its not needed so they receive extra money.

Posted August 01, 2014
My children have gone to Utsalady Elem. for the past 7 years. I have nothing but great things to say about this school and the staff. They do an extraordinary job teaching and caring for our children.

Posted January 13, 2014
I was very hesitant in placing my son in a public school, but after moving to Camano from a different state, the private school options were very limited in this area. I figured it was at least worth a try being that Utsalady Elementary was rated fairly well. My son has struggled in school, and has recently been diagnosed with ADHD. The principal and his teacher last year and this year have been great. They worked WITH me to help my child, not just tell me that my child is a pain and I need to fix it. My youngest son will be attending Utsalady in the Fall with his big brother, and I am very happy at the thought to have both of my children there. I very much feel that the staff love and care for all of their students. I am not sure I could be any happier, especially considering how hesitant I was to place my child in a public school.

Utsalady Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2013
This school has really gone downhill in recent years. Budget cuts year after year have led to several program cuts and where there used to be challenging programs and an effort to help every child succeed, now there is only effort to perform on tests to maintain an acceptable rating. The staff and many families are apathetic, the principal shows blatant favoritism to only certain families and students, while neglecting and ignoring those that don't fall on the preferred list. It is a shame that a once great school has deteriorated so much. There are some great teachers that really care and try but even they can't make up for the shortcomings of the rest.

Utsalady Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2013
This used to be a great school but it has really gone downhill in recent years. Certain staff members are extremely uncaring and apathetic, and the principal in particular shows blatant favoritism to preferred families and students, while neglecting and shaming those deemed unworthy. There are some really great teachers who go above and beyond for the students if you are lucky enough to be with them, but they can't make up alone for the shortcomings of the school in general. Budget cuts and playing favorites have caused a steady decline in quality of education for the students.

Utsalady Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2012
While there are many wonderful teachers at Utsalady there are a few teachers that unfortunately taint the school and potentially your child's education. If your child is fortunate to get placed with the right teacher you will have no problem. Unfortunately not all teachers in this school remember that they are public school teachers and that all children regardless of their family/economic/social status are entitiled to an education.

Posted March 07, 2005
Utsalady is a wonderful, safe school, full of loving, kind teachers. It has a no bulling policy that is strictly adhered to. I feel very comfortable leaving my children there. I love the staff and the pricipal is always available to listen to comments or complaints. The parents work together to support our school. the music program is amazing with Rich Crouch doing an awesome job teaching all kinds of songs and even teaching the kids some instruments.

Posted June 08, 2004
I have had 4 children attend Utsalady Elementary School and presently have 1 that will attend for 3 more years. I feel they receive not only the best education possible here, but that the principal and teachers really care about the children and helping them learn in a loving caring safe and secure enviroment. This school also has an added spanish program which is optional and is presently a before school enrichment program and enhances the already fabulous ciriculum. I rate this school and staff as 5.

Utsalady Elementary School
608 Arrowhead Rd, Camano Island, WA  98282
Last modified Utsalady Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.